Tyson Fury-Vinny Maddalone August Clash on Showtime?

Athenry04

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
According to an interview with Boxing News Online, unbeaten British heavyweight prospect Tyson Fury (11-0, 9KOs) could be facing veteran Vinny Maddalone (33-6, 24KOs) of New York in the month of August. Maddalone will be a step up for Fury. He's only been stopped by Brian Minto and Evander Holyfield. Fury said there are discussions taking place to stage the fight in the month of August, and Showtime has shown interest in televising the fight in the United States, probably on their ShoBox series.

I don't like either....I guess Fury probably got his act together somewhat having come back and stopped McDermott.....Maddalone is probably same class as McDermott with less technique and more power. I hope Vinny wins but I doubt this fight would be happening, muchless on tv, if Fury's handlers thought that that was a realistic possibility.

in completely unrelated news Deontay "The Bronze Bomber" Wilder improved to 11- 0 with a first round stoppage.
Deontay Wilder used three punches — a left jab, a left hook and a right hand — to earn a first-round TKO against the nearly 400-pound Dustin Nichols in front of a capacity crowd.
Wilder.jpg

Fury v Maddalone is a good fight.... and a good gage for Fury.
Maddalone is light years ahead of any guy Wilder's fought thus far.

in completely unrelated news Deontay "The Bronze Bomber" Wilder improved to 11- 0 with a first round stoppage.
Deontay Wilder used three punches

Back