Media Tyson Fury Training Leg Kicks Elbows and Knees

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
He's so awkward with his movement. He can barely fully extend his arms when he punches. Yet he's world champ. Jesus.
Sucks his son is going the easy route

Don't blame him though

Ah, so I'm probably dealing with sub-60 IQ Eurotrash who makes stupid assumptions and has the functional IQ of a soap dish? That explains it...
Am indeed Eurotrash, but smarter than you.

Put him in an NFL combine with 300 lb+ plus guys with speed and reflexes then we'll talk.
Fool those guys can work in a few second bursts then they're hanging out their arses, Fury maintains speed for 12 rounds.

No you totally missed my point. I'm talking sport-neutral physical tests. These include endurance. There were some HWs from the past who could compete with NFL guys. Evander Holyfied was one--he did pretty well on the old "Superstars" competition against NFL players. His son is also a good football player (so was Ken Norton's) who's currently playing for Georgia. But the quality of boxing athletes has taken a definite downturn since the 1970s to early 90s (when it had already fallen a lot). But I don't know why I'm giving such details to a typical Sherdiot who's more interested in clichés and fallacies then a discussion. Have a good weekend...and don't overspend on your EBT card!
Another NFL fanboy sitting up high in his tower.

What fallacies and cliches was talking about?

I was speaking about a true athlete that competes in a true combat sport. Not some hypothetical person that I think would be a great fighter because he can run the 40 yard dash fast.

Watch fury v wlad, both men were statues for 12 rounds.

Think a lot of new fans are basing their views off the wilder fight. But go back and watch some of his snoozers like the chisora fight.

The first chisora fight was pretty damn good, the 2nd one was completely one sided.

Cunningham was also a great fight and so was Joey Abell

Wilder fight was pretty damn good. So he has had lots of entertaining bouts imo

I don’t know what y’all think you’re seeing with Fury. He’s a fantastic boxer and moves very well but he isn’t fast at all. He’s slick and you can tell he respects the craft.

With that being said I don’t understand why he was ducking so low to evade punches against Deontay. I was literally yelling at the tv.

He was probably ducking because he knew Wilder was loading up and over extending the right hand. When he would stand back up straight Wilder would be exposed to a shot

I started with boxing.

Problem with fighters that only box is that the hands up, chin down, sit down style doesnt translate easily into using punches to set up kicks.

Sure, boxers can kick but... can they kick out of their boxing stance or will they need to start at stage one all over again?

Last edited:
This a level athlete myth is beyond retarded.

Fighters are cut from a different cloth. Period.

It doesn't matter how fast you can run, how high you can jump or what fancy shit you can do with a ball, mone of that will win you a fight.

One on one combat is a completely different mindset and skill set. It ain't in the same ballpark, ain't in the same league, it ain't even the same fucking sport.

A lot of people talk about "A level" athletes in reference to football players and basketball players, but one of the best athletes out there is the Gypsy King Tyson Fury

6 foot 9, 255 pounds
tiq5us5eo2y11.jpg

But can move quicker than pretty much all HWs on the planet

giphy.gif

Great defense
BlFt.gif

ValuableColorlessBarnowl-size_restricted.gif

And here he is recently training again

Light sparring with leg kicks

Showcasing knees and elbows on the aqua bag

He's done a bit of kick boxing in the past

And he did shit on Cain a while back
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD2hLrPTp60

We'll see if he has anything to say about Velasquez returning, but it's still cool to see the best HW boxer on the planet training a bit of kick boxing

Rico Verhoeven trained with him too. I don't know if they also trained kickboxing, but if Tyson is interested in it I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

The first chisora fight was pretty damn good, the 2nd one was completely one sided.

Cunningham was also a great fight and so was Joey Abell

Wilder fight was pretty damn good. So he has had lots of entertaining bouts imo

He was probably ducking because he knew Wilder was loading up and over extending the right hand. When he would stand back up straight Wilder would be exposed to a shot

Lol at all the naysayers.

Fury isn't a brawler, but I enjoy watching a 6'9 man with that speed display his skills.

The Chisora 2 and Hammer fights where sublime. Tyson looked phenomenal.

Fury is my favourite fighter and has been for a good few years.

I liked and rated him when many called him a bum.

Lol at all the naysayers.

Fury isn't a brawler, but I enjoy watching a 6'9 man with that speed display his skills.

The Chisora 2 and Hammer fights where sublime. Tyson looked phenomenal.

Fury is my favourite fighter and has been for a good few years.

I liked and rated him when many called him a bum.

Lots of people love the big heavy hitters like Wilder and AJ but I'd prefer to watch Fury box for 12 rounds and school his opponent instead of watching AJ get an early KO

Tyson fury is an amazing boxing talent, unfortunately it’s just not that interesting for him so late in his career to be training mma. Stick to being a huge ticket in boxing. He’s still right up at the top of the world there.

Tyson fury is an amazing boxing talent, unfortunately it’s just not that interesting for him so late in his career to be training mma. Stick to being a huge ticket in boxing. He’s still right up at the top of the world there.

He will never need money again after Fury rematch (probably already there as he seems to be fairly down to earth).

I could see him doing it for the challenge. Not highly likely, but possible.

Yeah, that's my point: despite that, he was still a decent fighter.

Semmy/Timmy/Fury are not "decent" fighters. They are elite fighters. The only similarity they have is being tall, so your point makes no sense at all

That would be like comparing Hector Lombard and Mighty Mouse because they are both short

See Randy v. Toney or Mayweather v. Conor

He could be good, but imagine him against Stipe, Cain, DC, etc

A fight with Ngannau, Overeem or JDS would be fun though.

It actually slided off the guy's guard.

Tyson Fury is still technically the best heavyweight on the planet.

I didn't watch Fury's KO highlights til tonight but his hand speed, accuracy, and footwork are impressive. He had multiple body shot KOs which were beautiful.

I love fighters who are unique like this.

People assume he'd have crappy TDD with his height, but with 4-oz gloves he'd be working people outside.

Semmy/Timmy/Fury are not "decent" fighters. They are elite fighters. The only similarity they have is being tall, so your point makes no sense at all

That would be like comparing Hector Lombard and Mighty Mouse because they are both short
Lombard is 5-6 inches taller than MM.

Back