Tyson Fury now facing Donnell "The Real Touch of Sleep" Holmes

I want to see Donnell vs. Davarryl Williamson for a battle of the "Touch of Sleep" nicknames.

He's now fighting the amazingly named Rich Power 12-0, 10 kos.

Surely this fight will have the best fighter names ever, Tyson Fury v Rich Power. Reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Homer changes his name.

Surely this fight will have the best fighter names ever, Tyson Fury v Rich Power. Reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Homer changes his name.

That's awesome.

He goes from a guy with a rubbish name.

To a guy with a rubbish name and a funny nickname.

To a guy with an awesome name.

If this fight isn't subtitled "The Power and the Fury" than Shobox needs to hire a new advertising manager.

Bollocks, looks like this won't be on UK tv, is it showing on any Eire channels??

Fury has called out Kimbo Slice today and wants to fight him on his debut.

Fight will be on ch 433 on sky, Premier sport. It's a subscription channel, which shows the NRL and GAA events.

Tyson Fury, sounds like a video game character which entices the ignorant and shallow minds of some.

I cant help it........
boxing-fail.gif

I just love the way afterwards he puts up his block, like "Holy shit i'm under attack!"

whoever he fights i hope he's getting some decent sparring at last, it's seriously going to hinder him otherwise.

Midway through the card now.

SPOILERS FOR THOSE WATCHING LATER

Fury pretty much had his way with Power. Power was better than advertised but Fury battered him for the entire 8 rounds, showing pretty good stamina and looking fairly polished. Another decent feather in the cap for Fury who's still probably just above Chisora as the top of the current crop of UK HWs. Pity he couldn't get a slightly better name or opponent in there but needs must.

Midway through the card now.

SPOILERS FOR THOSE WATCHING LATER

Fury pretty much had his way with Power. Power was better than advertised but Fury battered him for the entire 8 rounds, showing pretty good stamina and looking fairly polished. Another decent feather in the cap for Fury who's still probably just above Chisora as the top of the current crop of UK HWs. Pity he couldn't get a slightly better name or opponent in there but needs must.

I enjoyed the fight, and think Premier TV might do ok if they get some more fights (though I see they have Mosley coming up). Tyson poured it for the full 8, he took a couple of decent shots, but Power whilst game, was outmatched. Fury also showed an improved stamina from the Mcdermott fight, which can only serve him well. It might still be slightly too soon for Chisora, as Tyson is still lacking the quality sparring he needs. However if he gets that sorted, I see a bright future for him, especially if he can drum up some trade stateside.

That is awesome.

Seriously, those are both real names?

That kicks ass.

I enjoyed the fight, and think Premier TV might do ok if they get some more fights (though I see they have Mosley coming up). Tyson poured it for the full 8, he took a couple of decent shots, but Power whilst game, was outmatched. Fury also showed an improved stamina from the Mcdermott fight, which can only serve him well. It might still be slightly too soon for Chisora, as Tyson is still lacking the quality sparring he needs. However if he gets that sorted, I see a bright future for him, especially if he can drum up some trade stateside.

I think Fury ranks up at the top of the current crop of UK/Irish HW prospects.

Outside of Sexton's bouts with Rogan none of the other fighters have gone through what Fury went through for 19 rounds with John McDermott... and outside of the struggle he had in those fights he's never looked particularly bad in a fight. He's looked better in some and worse in others but overall he's always been impressive.

Chisora's right behind him. I don't like Del Boy... I don't like the way he avoided fighting Fury and I don't like the way he's got a strained relationship with the rules. But you can't take away what he's done. Beating the ghost of Danny Williams still means something and beating Sexton is a big feather in his cap.

Right behind him is Sexton. The loss to Chisora hurts (and one which I hope the avenges) but two wins over Rogan mean a lot.

Then there's a level which Rogan, Price and Dallas. Dallas and Price are pretty much the same... two prospects still building themselves up and haven't really been tested yet. I rate Dallas slightly above Price... I still have doubts over Price's chin and heart coming from his amateur days. Rogan would be higher but the two losses to Sexton push him back. As old as he is I think his wins over Skelton and Harrison will be his day in the sun.

Then there's Larry Olubamiwo who's endlessly entertaining but sadly limited. A loss to (my 3rd favourite fighter) Daniil Peretyatko ruined his hype but dominating wins over Ferguson, Kenna and Belshaw put him back on track. I think he'd lose... and lose badly... against any of the other prospects mentioned but with his style and power there's always the chance he could win it early.

Then there's the also rans. The Belshaw's, the Fergusons... the hyped fighters who have fallen off with key loses.

And somewhere in there is Daniil Peretyatko who with his wins over Olubamiwo and Belshaw probably counts as a fringe domestic contender... despite the fact he's lost to everyone else. What you can guarantee is that "Half-Man Half-Troll" will probably get some assignments against whichever new HW prospect appears.

I think Fury ranks up at the top of the current crop of UK/Irish HW prospects.

Outside of Sexton's bouts with Rogan none of the other fighters have gone through what Fury went through for 19 rounds with John McDermott... and outside of the struggle he had in those fights he's never looked particularly bad in a fight. He's looked better in some and worse in others but overall he's always been impressive.

Chisora's right behind him. I don't like Del Boy... I don't like the way he avoided fighting Fury and I don't like the way he's got a strained relationship with the rules. But you can't take away what he's done. Beating the ghost of Danny Williams still means something and beating Sexton is a big feather in his cap.

Right behind him is Sexton. The loss to Chisora hurts (and one which I hope the avenges) but two wins over Rogan mean a lot.

Then there's a level which Rogan, Price and Dallas. Dallas and Price are pretty much the same... two prospects still building themselves up and haven't really been tested yet. I rate Dallas slightly above Price... I still have doubts over Price's chin and heart coming from his amateur days. Rogan would be higher but the two losses to Sexton push him back. As old as he is I think his wins over Skelton and Harrison will be his day in the sun.

Then there's Larry Olubamiwo who's endlessly entertaining but sadly limited. A loss to (my 3rd favourite fighter) Daniil Peretyatko ruined his hype but dominating wins over Ferguson, Kenna and Belshaw put him back on track. I think he'd lose... and lose badly... against any of the other prospects mentioned but with his style and power there's always the chance he could win it early.

Then there's the also rans. The Belshaw's, the Fergusons... the hyped fighters who have fallen off with key loses.

And somewhere in there is Daniil Peretyatko who with his wins over Olubamiwo and Belshaw probably counts as a fringe domestic contender... despite the fact he's lost to everyone else. What you can guarantee is that "Half-Man Half-Troll" will probably get some assignments against whichever new HW prospect appears.

Good write up man. I personally think if Tyson can get a fight with the winner of Chisora-Sexton then it will reveal more about where Fury is headed. I thought he did well against Power, but he's been slated in some areas of the boxing press. He was described on one site as a very poor version of Dimitrenko, and Tyson was down on himself after the fight. He's my favourite out of the current UK HWs, but he's still making mistakes that I think could be exploited when he steps up in class. I wish an established top trainer could grab him and shape him, as he obviously has some talent.

Good write up man. I personally think if Tyson can get a fight with the winner of Chisora-Sexton then it will reveal more about where Fury is headed. I thought he did well against Power, but he's been slated in some areas of the boxing press. He was described on one site as a very poor version of Dimitrenko, and Tyson was down on himself after the fight. He's my favourite out of the current UK HWs, but he's still making mistakes that I think could be exploited when he steps up in class. I wish an established top trainer could grab him and shape him, as he obviously has some talent.

I can't see why people wouldn't think it's at least a good performance. He won virtually every moment of every round, showed off a decent punch variety, his conditioning held up and his chin looked solid: Power might have faced no-one worth talking about but he's still got some pop and Fury took that huge uppercut without it doing anything to him other than annoying him a bit.

The flaws are there... he lunges too much when he throws the right, he smothers his own work at times and I think his defence is still based on his offence. But he's a 22 year old 12-0 fighter... I can't think of many who didn't have huge amateur experience who are anywhere near the finished article at this point. Considering if Fury keeps boxing he could be a force at HW for another 15 years as a fan I'm happy with where he is.

As for poor man's Dimitrenko... in his 12th fight Dimitrenko was beating the 18-11 Jeff Pegues who was pretty much a professional heavybag for contenders and faded vets wanting another run at the top. Even so, Dimitrenko isn't as bad as advertised. Yes he got beaten by Chambers (and by more than the scorecards said) but Chambers fought the fight of his life and prior to that Dimitrenko had beaten some good fighters... Krasniqi, Rossy, Hoffmann and Koval. I don't think Fury is necessarily some can't miss super prospect... being around Dimitrenko's level isn't too bad... although because of his young age I think Fury will possibly go higher. I saw the article where Fury was considered a poor man's Dimitrenko... on a Website I'd never heard of, by an author I'd never heard of. Scott Gilfoid is his name and I did a quick google search for him. I'd recommend doing the same both to see what boxing fans think of this "journalist" and to see how rabidly, frothing and the mouth, anti-UK fighter he is. Pretty much every article I've seen from him involves him rubbishing a UK fighter. Calzaghe's a nobody who never beat anyone great, Haye was going to get ruined by Barrett and would get destroyed by Hopkins, Froch is beyond terrible etc etc.

The guy's a tool pretty much.

I agree on the top trainer part. Fury's problems could be solved with a good trainer and decent sparring... neither of which he seems to get.

Back