Tyson Fury is the greatest H2H HW boxer since Lennox

MoreKane

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
not saying he is overall the greatest, since Wlad has the greatest resume of post-lennox HW's

but Tyson would give any ATG HW problems, not saying he beats the greats, but would give them incredibly hard and competitive fights

Vitali would beat Fury. A prime Wlad likely would, as well.

Why does Vitali give you pause?
i don't buy Vitali as much as a lot of people do

Iron Chin, good jab, good chin, good power.

I don't think his defense was great. I don't think he really...I don't exactly know how to say this but I guess the best way is that his punches weren't technically sound? Like they were mega robotic.

I think he lives a lot all time off that Lennox fight where a fat slow Lennox basically ripped his face apart. Shakier competition than Wlad even

i don't buy Vitali as much as a lot of people do

Iron Chin, good jab, good chin, good power.

I don't think his defense was great. I don't think he really...I don't exactly know how to say this but I guess the best way is that his punches weren't technically sound? Like they were mega robotic.

I think he lives a lot all time off that Lennox fight where a fat slow Lennox basically ripped his face apart. Shakier competition than Wlad even

Being 6' 7'' and having an iron chin, good jab, good chin and good power is a hell of a lot (he had a fairly. There's certainly no one in the division now who can claim to be that. Wlad faced and beat the better competition (well, aside from Lewis - Lewis is clearly better than anyone Wlad fought), but if we're just talking head to head ability, I tend to favour Vitali a little bit (and I clearly favour him over Fury). He had a bit of an unorthodox, awkward style, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

I think I would make vitali favourite

Though fury finds a way to rise above when necessary

Maybe Fury can improve more under Sugar Hill?

don't think even prime wlad would win

Fury's style is just a strategic nightmare for Wlad
also having the ring mat changed last minute coming off calf surgery did as well. His head just wasn't there that night.

Being 6' 7'' and having an iron chin, good jab, good chin and good power is a hell of a lot (he had a fairly. There's certainly no one in the division now who can claim to be that. Wlad faced and beat the better competition (well, aside from Lewis - Lewis is clearly better than anyone Wlad fought), but if we're just talking head to head ability, I tend to favour Vitali a little bit (and I clearly favour him over Fury). He had a bit of an unorthodox, awkward style, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
well let me first start by saying that I respect Vitali enough. Don't want to act like he is a total bum

but let's talk about this guy for a sec

(1) what is his best achievement even? Longevity kinda? I mean he retired half way in his career and then came back

His resume is really bad for a top level all time heavyweight. And I say that with all due respect to him because I enjoyed watching him....but it's reallyyyyy bad for an all time heavyweight

(2) Vitali was unorthodox but I dislike the notion like he was some superman supreme heavyweight boxer. Corrie Sanders landed on him clean. Chisora landed on him clean to the body (couldn't do anything to Fury), a fat Lennox Lewis ripped his face apart.

I think he gets a lot of credit for beating up really weak competition. And hey, maybe I am wrong and against the greatest heavyweights ever he may of done well. But the only time I ever saw him against a great fighter, it was a diminished great fighter and he still lost.

(3) I think he punched really oddly actually. More robotic than Wlad even. More of a killer instinct but I think he is also is pretty open to counters. Not really a great defensive boxer. A slick boxer like Fury who is the same height and has similar reach I think could do really well

but I guess we will never know

I think Fury is a stylistic nightmare for anyone. For one, he's the only 6'9 guy on the planet that moves the way he does, so good luck finding sparring partners. Secondly, some of these guys, like the Klitschkos, capitalized on their own size as an advantage. Fury puts them out of their comfort zone.

And mind you, that's not to say he's unbeatable, but no one can properly prepare for him. It's impossible. They need to figure him out on the spot, but the issue is, Fury also has one of the best boxing IQs in the sport.

I think Fury beats either klitschko .....Using their height is a huge part of vitali and Wlads game ....they simply can’t out height Fury and he has a big agility advantage

well let me first start by saying that I respect Vitali enough. Don't want to act like he is a total bum

but let's talk about this guy for a sec

(1) what is his best achievement even? Longevity kinda? I mean he retired half way in his career and then came back

His resume is really bad for a top level all time heavyweight. And I say that with all due respect to him because I enjoyed watching him....but it's reallyyyyy bad for an all time heavyweight

(2) Vitali was unorthodox but I dislike the notion like he was some superman supreme heavyweight boxer. Corrie Sanders landed on him clean. Chisora landed on him clean to the body (couldn't do anything to Fury), a fat Lennox Lewis ripped his face apart.

I think he gets a lot of credit for beating up really weak competition. And hey, maybe I am wrong and against the greatest heavyweights ever he may of done well. But the only time I ever saw him against a great fighter, it was a diminished great fighter and he still lost.

(3) I think he punched really oddly actually. More robotic than Wlad even. More of a killer instinct but I think he is also is pretty open to counters. Not really a great defensive boxer. A slick boxer like Fury who is the same height and has similar reach I think could do really well

but I guess we will never know

Corrie Sanders landed clean on everyone he fought. Easily one of the biggest wastes of talent in HW history. Being able to take that many clean shots from Sanders is a testament to his chin (and it's not like Fury hits anywhere near as hard as Sanders, so I don't know how it's that relevant to a h2h between the two). I'm not really sure how Chisora landing a few shots on an ancient and completely broken down Vitali (while still losing wide) means much.

His resume is lacking, but his overall ability was evident. Fury could give him issues, but Vitali is bigger and miles better on the outside than anyone Fury has ever fought. He hits quite a bit harder, throws a higher volume and is a fair bit durable than Fury. Even if Fury is making him miss, Vitali is the more active fighter who isn't scared to be hit by a guy like Fury. It's hard to see how Fury would be doing particularly well in this kind of matchup.

Back