News Tyson Fury donating entire purse from fight with Deontay Wilder to help the poor and homeless

estranged

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
"I'm going to give it to the poor and I'm going to build homes for the homeless," Fury said. "I don't really have much use for it, I'm not interested in becoming a millionaire or a billionaire. I'm a boxer not a businessman and I'll probably go down the same route as every other boxer -- skint at the end of it all. You can't take it with you so I might as well do something with it and help out people who can't help themselves."

https://www.cbssports.com/boxing/ne...deontay-wilder-to-help-the-poor-and-homeless/

Big Dosser!

Shit. Sorry wrong forum...

Mods please move to boxing...

Fury is known for his generosity, dude is amazing.

That article is from 2018. Assuming that is from their first fight?

Thats awesome, big respect too him. Fury is a very likable guy, I've become a fan.. he is a big teddybear, in the Schwartz fight he stayed 3 hours after the fight signing stuff for all the fans, while every other boxer had long gone and left, was only supposed to stay there for post fight presser but told the security to go away and the fans have come so I'm staying too. He is a cool cat

That article is from 2018 and google searches all show he donated winnings from first fight, nothing about this recent fight

I didn't know he did it from the first bout. Good on him. Better keep this purse, though. A man's gotta eat.

Problem is what percentage of the money helps the less fortunate? 10-15%?

Like the old saying goes “No use being the richest man in the cemetery”.
He’s well off and feels like sharing.
Good stuff

"I'm going to give it to the poor and I'm going to build homes for the homeless," Fury said. "I don't really have much use for it, I'm not interested in becoming a millionaire or a billionaire. I'm a boxer not a businessman and I'll probably go down the same route as every other boxer -- skint at the end of it all. You can't take it with you so I might as well do something with it and help out people who can't help themselves."

https://www.cbssports.com/boxing/ne...deontay-wilder-to-help-the-poor-and-homeless/

Big Dosser!
such a bullshit statement in this era were all want to be politically correct

Wow, hard not to like the guy.

He's funny, charismatic and just a good, classy guy from the seems of it.

I went into this fight saying I wasn't cheering for anyone in particular, because they're both good guys. Neither gave me a reason to dislike them... well besides all that crap that Fury talked a few years ago about MMA, Cain and the UFC in general. But that's in the past now.

Back