Media Tyson Fury calls out Francis Ngannou + Showtime president offers him Bellator W/ Wilder fight

Who wins?

• Total voters
And I don't really get the point of the cage when there's no grappling allowed anyways.

Chael has the worst takes. Can't even listen to his nonsense so thanks for the cliffs.

Hard disagree. Francis has 0 chance to win a traditional boxing match against Fury therefore there is little incentive to watch. Using 4 OZ gloves at least bumps up that chance of Francis winning a little bit.
Exactly, just an extremely stupid take by Sonnen.

Just hitting a pro boxer cleanly, let alone an elite fighter like Fury, is difficult enough without a lifetime of training. The footwork, the movement, the angles, these aren’t things you develop with Ngannou’s weak level of experience(I know he’s always wanted to be a boxer, but he clearly doesn’t have those skills).

But unlike Conor-Floyd, Ngannou has undeniable power. It’s extremely unlikely, BUT this is the ultimate “puncher’s chance” scenario and people love to watch underdogs overcome the odds. A fight with 4oz gloves makes it a sellable fight. I gave Conor a 0.0001% chance of winning, I’d give Ngannou a 5% chance.

Reasoning here is nonsense but the major issue I do see them boxing in 4oz gloves is the high probability of one or both of them breaking a hand.

It is the only way that the fight would have any actual tension at all. A normal boxing fight would be an easy win for Tyson, and an MMA fight would be an easy win for Francis. Change the gloves and make backing up/leaning back more dangerous by adding cage walls and you add at least a little tension to it. It is the only ruleset I would even consider paying to see them fight.

Reasoning here is nonsense but the major issue I do see them boxing in 4oz gloves is the high probability of one or both of them breaking a hand.

Highly unlikely, when do you see MMA fights where the fighter breaks his hand? It does happen, but It's very rare and few and far between.

It's true. Imagine if Ngannou actually beat Fury with those rules he'd be discredited and Fury's record would stay untouched.

Francis will lose either way, better get tkod with big gloves than have your face jabbed into a bloody pulp with 4oz

Chael Sonnen has some of the worst opinions on combat sports that I have heard. Mixed rules is the only way to make Fury-Ngannou interesting.

We all know what would happen under Marquess of Queensbury rules. Fury would dominate 9/10 times or more.

We all know what would happen under MMA rules. Ngannou would dominate 9/10 times or more.

I will continue to push this rule set:

• 4 oz gloves
  • In a cage
  • Kicks,knees, elbows, punches, foot stomps allowed
  • Three five-minute rounds
  • Prolonged clinching allowed
  • No takedowns, throws, trips, or ground fighting

I think this rule set would favor Ngannou, but a lot of boxing fans would say it favors Fury.

These rules are terrible, way too heavily towards Ngannou.

Drop the kicks, knees, elbows etc Hands only.

It's awesome, TBH. I wouldn't expect Fury to actually do a MMA fight, but I like that there is somewhat of a concession from his side. I hespect it. It'll also help sell the fight as it makes it a little more believable Ngannou could possibly land a good shot.

I also always love novelties to a fight. I'm all for diversity and variety! Spice of life and all that

Chael has the worst takes. Can't even listen to his nonsense so thanks for the cliffs.

Hard disagree. Francis has 0 chance to win a traditional boxing match against Fury therefore there is little incentive to watch. Using 4 OZ gloves at least bumps up that chance of Francis winning a little bit.
He's UFC shilling. He's going to have an extremely negative take on everything Ngannou related from now on because Ngannou chose to become a free agent. It's very obvious if you pay attention. He will make a new video every time there is any new news about Ngannou and potential match-ups. He's the unofficial UFC PR lol. He does the shit talking for them that they can't do officially. He's a proxy for UFC.

“I see Tyson Fury come out over the weekend and finally clear up first what we’re going to do first with Francis. They’ve always said they’re going to make up a sport. These two were going to do a game, but they were going to do something combat related. For reasons unknown, they weren’t going to box. Francis offered to box, and for reasons unknown, Tyson did not accept that invitation, and they were going to make up rules."

“Tyson finally laid out for us what they are. They were going to fight in a cage. I have no idea why. They’re going to fight in a cage. OK, fine. They’re going to wear four-once gloves. I have no idea why, but OK, fine. They are then going to follow boxing rules, the rules of Queensbury."

“I put this out there because of how disappointing it is to see these boxers as beggars. Guys that are hot to fight to go out there and get it on your own, that have physical capabilities that other men can only dream of. But they don’t know how to go out there and get it on their own. They just don’t know how. I bring it to you because to watch Tyson Fury beg, it was surprising. I don’t want to call it disappointing. It was really close to calling it that, but I don’t want to call it that. So Tyson comes to us with perhaps the dumbest idea in sports history. He knows it is.”

Chael’s takes are always random and are almost never on the mark.

Will this fight ever happen? I would guess not but who knows.

But what does happen when Tyson brings it up is (1) he gets attention and (2) his next boxing opponent has to worry about his leverage.

If Tyson came out and said, “I am only interested in defending my belt and I want to fight all the best guys,” then Usyk knows he has leverage. If Tyson says, “I don’t know, might retire, might fight Francis, might take a year off, might fight Joshua, might fight Wilder again…..” now Usyk knows he might have to take what he can get if he wants this fight.

Chael Sonnen has some of the worst opinions on combat sports that I have heard. Mixed rules is the only way to make Fury-Ngannou interesting.

We all know what would happen under Marquess of Queensbury rules. Fury would dominate 9/10 times or more.

We all know what would happen under MMA rules. Ngannou would dominate 9/10 times or more.

I will continue to push this rule set:

• 4 oz gloves
  • In a cage
  • Kicks,knees, elbows, punches, foot stomps allowed
  • Three five-minute rounds
  • Prolonged clinching allowed
  • No takedowns, throws, trips, or ground fighting

I think this rule set would favor Ngannou, but a lot of boxing fans would say it favors Fury.
as soon as you add kicks the fight changes completely and favours the guy who knows how to kick. Frank could just fight at kick range, destroy Fury's legs and clinch as soon as Fury moves into boxing range.

“I see Tyson Fury come out over the weekend and finally clear up first what we’re going to do first with Francis. They’ve always said they’re going to make up a sport. These two were going to do a game, but they were going to do something combat related. For reasons unknown, they weren’t going to box. Francis offered to box, and for reasons unknown, Tyson did not accept that invitation, and they were going to make up rules."

“Tyson finally laid out for us what they are. They were going to fight in a cage. I have no idea why. They’re going to fight in a cage. OK, fine. They’re going to wear four-once gloves. I have no idea why, but OK, fine. They are then going to follow boxing rules, the rules of Queensbury."

“I put this out there because of how disappointing it is to see these boxers as beggars. Guys that are hot to fight to go out there and get it on your own, that have physical capabilities that other men can only dream of. But they don’t know how to go out there and get it on their own. They just don’t know how. I bring it to you because to watch Tyson Fury beg, it was surprising. I don’t want to call it disappointing. It was really close to calling it that, but I don’t want to call it that. So Tyson comes to us with perhaps the dumbest idea in sports history. He knows it is.”

I read your quotes in Chaels voice...felt like i was there watching him speak thanks for them ...that way i didnt have to actually see the whole thing

I always click if he's talking anything Khabib-related and within a couple minutes, I realize nothing he's saying is making any sense at all... Complete gibberish.

Highly unlikely, when do you see MMA fights where the fighter breaks his hand? It does happen, but It's very rare and few and far between.
Yeh but consider the volume of powerful punches you are throwing in boxing match compared to an MMA fight

There's already a promotion called Triad I think, that I'd doing mixed rules hybrid boxing/mma
That's dead. Triller is a dead promotion. Their checks have been bouncing and fighters aren't being paid. That's why the previous Triad event got cancelled and never brought up again. They did too much with it and the ring set up was horrible. Should have just kept it a regular ring/cage with the smaller gloves and clinch fighting.

That's dead. Triller is a dead promotion. Their checks have been bouncing and fighters aren't being paid. That's why the previous Triad event got cancelled and never brought up again. They did too much with it and the ring set up was horrible. Should have just kept it a regular ring/cage with the smaller gloves and clinch fighting.
Yeah, they tried. I watched. It was weird.
I wasn't aware they shut down, but can't say I'm shocked.

As someone that watches both boxing and MMA I'd prefer we just let both sports be.

as soon as you add kicks the fight changes completely and favours the guy who knows how to kick. Frank could just fight at kick range, destroy Fury's legs and clinch as soon as Fury moves into boxing range.
The fight does change significantly if kicks are involved especially if low kicks are permitted. That being said, they've also gotten a lot of fighters knocked out by counterpunches. If Francis doesn't properly set up all of his low kicks he'll get tagged by Fury and likely before the kick can even land. Francis wouldn't be able to keep it at kicking range for long because Fury would instinctively know to crowd him. He already does this after throwing power punches where he immediately falls into the clinch in order to smother potential return fire. Then you say that Francis can just clinch when Fury closes distance? The trouble with that tactic would be that Fury is quite adept at in-fighting. As long as one of his hands are free he'd bust Francis up at close quarters even if elbows were allowed. His uppercuts from that range are particularly nasty and it comes with strong head control.

Back