Media Tyson Fury calls out Francis Ngannou + Showtime president offers him Bellator W/ Wilder fight

Who wins?

• Total voters
Ngannou beating Fury/Wilder 1 out of 5 times.... I guess that's not so implausible. But I wouldn't be surprised if it's much, much lower in reality. I'd still watch though....

Yeah exactly, you never know what will happen. But for sure Ngannou has a massive hill to climb.

Months of buildup for a 45 second fight is what this would be. No thanks.

Small gloves aint boxing. And the world's greatest tennis player, might just lose a squash game. As Paulie can attest to

Not gonna lie but I'll be watching this no doubt, would be fireworks (on Ngannou's chin)

“I see Tyson Fury come out over the weekend and finally clear up first what we’re going to do first with Francis. They’ve always said they’re going to make up a sport. These two were going to do a game, but they were going to do something combat related. For reasons unknown, they weren’t going to box. Francis offered to box, and for reasons unknown, Tyson did not accept that invitation, and they were going to make up rules."

“Tyson finally laid out for us what they are. They were going to fight in a cage. I have no idea why. They’re going to fight in a cage. OK, fine. They’re going to wear four-once gloves. I have no idea why, but OK, fine. They are then going to follow boxing rules, the rules of Queensbury."

“I put this out there because of how disappointing it is to see these boxers as beggars. Guys that are hot to fight to go out there and get it on your own, that have physical capabilities that other men can only dream of. But they don’t know how to go out there and get it on their own. They just don’t know how. I bring it to you because to watch Tyson Fury beg, it was surprising. I don’t want to call it disappointing. It was really close to calling it that, but I don’t want to call it that. So Tyson comes to us with perhaps the dumbest idea in sports history. He knows it is.”

Last edited:
Chael has the worst takes. Can't even listen to his nonsense so thanks for the cliffs.

Hard disagree. Francis has 0 chance to win a traditional boxing match against Fury therefore there is little incentive to watch. Using 4 OZ gloves at least bumps up that chance of Francis winning a little bit.

Francis has more chance with 4 oz gloves (still probably very little) which makes a more entertaining fight, it's not rocket science.

Chael has the worst takes. Can't even listen to his nonsense so thanks for the cliffs.

Hard disagree. Francis has 0 chance to win a traditional boxing match against Fury therefore there is little incentive to watch. Using 4 OZ gloves at least bumps up that chance of Francis winning a little bit.
What I don't like is, I feel like if they do this it would start other promotions doing this types of mixed rules.

actually Tyson is willing to ut himself in risk to make the fight more interesting. It's brave of him even if dumb from a business perspective, but he seems to be thinking about what's in it for the audience. If you are going to make the fight, hard to criticize Tyson's suggestion. No idea what Chael is on about, probably just kissing Dana's ass.

Small gloves are giving some illusion of “real chance” for Francis to win, where in reality it’s still only a puncher’s chance at best. Also to allow Fury to boast that he’s somehow more of a sport for allowing this so-called benefit for Francis. Whatever. Chael doing Chael stuff.

Isn't the idea that only the gloves would be different? Or are they thinking about a mixed rules match?

Francis has more chance with 4 oz gloves (still probably very little) which makes a more entertaining fight, it's not rocket science.
And Tyson gets a built in excuse on the off chance he gets clipped.

Isn't the idea that only the gloves would be different? Or are they thinking about a mixed rules match?
Tyson suggested boxing rules in a cage with small gloves.

Francis wants it to just be a boxing match.

From a spectator perspective I agree with Francis. I'd rather just see a boxing match (or an mma match which Tyson would be retarded to agree to)

Chael calling it "mixed rules" is a little misleading if all they are changing is the glove size. I think it's a cool idea regardless.

Tyson suggested boxing rules in a cage with small gloves.

Ok I thought it was something like that. I've got no real problem with it. Tyson still likely annihilates him, and I actually appreciate him looking for ways to make it more competitive. Or at least APPEAR more competitive, as we all know what's gonna happen.

Francis needs to allow clinching. If he can clinch and use 4 oz gloves he has a shot at winning. I wish Fury would allow elbows and knees but no kicks that is a more ideal compromise.

Francis has no shot in a ring with no clinching and 12oz gloves.

Chael Sonnen has some of the worst opinions on combat sports that I have heard. Mixed rules is the only way to make Fury-Ngannou interesting.

We all know what would happen under Marquess of Queensbury rules. Fury would dominate 9/10 times or more.

We all know what would happen under MMA rules. Ngannou would dominate 9/10 times or more.

I will continue to push this rule set:

• 4 oz gloves
  • In a cage
  • Kicks,knees, elbows, punches, foot stomps allowed
  • Three five-minute rounds
  • Prolonged clinching allowed
  • No takedowns, throws, trips, or ground fighting

I think this rule set would favor Ngannou, but a lot of boxing fans would say it favors Fury.

Back