Media Tyson Fury: “Beating Klitschko was like a curse”

The crash might be close :( dude doesnt sound happy at all

he seems a bit grumpy, but i didn't think he sounded that bad. being in camp for 8 weeks will do that to a man, training twice a day in that shitty weather... no one would be happy lol.

it's hilarious he's talking shit about not being able to force usyk to a fight, when he chose a third fucking fight with chisora instead. it would've been better if he did fight the local bin man like he said, at least we haven't seen that one yet.

The coke thing is overblown. The guy is as bipolair as one can be. No coke addict would have the monstruous cardio this guy posseses and keep that up for years. Unlimited money, so no safety net in that either.

They probably have him under strict control of a couple shrinks and finetune his meds like so that he doesnt go deeply depressed like he was after the klitschko fight. They also let him go semi manic leading up to a fight. You can tell by the way he acts on interviews.

alcohol was probably the bigger issue. He probably did coke whilst on the lash like a lot of people do. His mental health is clearly the main contributing factor to all of the nonsense he spouts

alcohol was probably the bigger issue. He probably did coke whilst on the lash like a lot of people do. His mental health is clearly the main contributing factor to all of the nonsense he spouts
a bipolar disorder is a mental health issue, though.

being bipolar and drinking / doing coke is not a good idea, it will exacerbate the symptoms... and they're no joke to begin with.

I don't get what all the flack is about, there's nothing he said that a) didn't make sense and b) isn't relatable.
He doesn't seem so bad to me; it seems like he's looking for a purpose which makes sense for someone who's fought to become what he has. He's just looking for his next trophy. Though the shit about 'fighting the bin man' was trash - Usyk is still out there as the final obstacle.

a bipolar disorder is a mental health issue, though.

being bipolar and drinking / doing coke is not a good idea, it will exacerbate the symptoms... and they're no joke to begin with.

I think he said that himself years ago "doing alc and drugs is the worst thing you can do if you got mental health problems" and he is right. But the reality is a lot of people struggle with that and not taking drugs ain't a possibility so better to balance it out like he seems to do with training and boxing but it's a thin line.

Wasn't Klitschko 40 when they fought.

Most of all he was sloppy, coming out one of his poorest wins ever against Jennings. I think he was 41 against AJ but he gave a better acco

Hopefully he’ll be in a better place mentally after this weekend

people with depression .. I mean true depression .. don't EVER get over it .. ever .. you just learn to deal with it in your own way .. he seems to have done that the past few years .. he will always have those rough patches .. he's probably just going through one of those now .. I think as long as he's working out and staying in shape he can keep coping with it .. if he lets himself go and starts drinking, doing drugs and doing other shit then he can spiral downward quickly

There were rumours in russia and ukraine at the time that Klitschko bet on himself to lose, there were even numbers, like 5 million euros or some shit to lose a decision. Not sure how I feel about it, but they were out there. His fight with Fury was very strange indeed.

Just another idiotic comment by Fury... Why did he come back to negotiate with Wilder and Joshua if all of it sucked as much as he claims?
Announces retirement - announces comeback - announces retirement- announces comeback ...

Some people like to say and do the unexpected in order to get attention. Quinton Jackson was the same when he had more media presence:

Um... try and keep up eh?

Hes said several times, that he cant stay retired because his mental health crashes big time. He needs to be training and have focus.

I think he'd probably love to call it quits, but he goes into dark places he has stated.

Doesnt bode well for him when hes way too old to fight, and can you imagine how he'd feel if he kept fighting too long and suffered a loss?

Back