Tyson FAILED as a figter!

Pretty sure that if you reach his level of fame and status you didn't fail.

1) He failed to beat the "greats" of his era in Holyfield and Lewis

2) He failed to show "heart"(second Holyfield and Danny Williams)

3) He failed to "get up off the canvas" after getting knocked down(Douglas and Williams). Marciano, Holmes, Foreman, Ali, all had bout where they hit the floor, got up and won!

Tyson had plenty of talent and was the youngest fighter to win the HW title. This is about the only thing you can say about his career

what a fucking retard you are...

only thing that fails is your thread dumbass

To underestimate Tyson's acheivements is shitty. He was the youngest champ. and beat opponents that the Klits are glad aren't around today. Most importantly he got a whole generation interested in the sport, you ask anyone born in the late 70s/early 80s about boxing and they will say Mike Tyson. Guy's a fucking legend, despite his loses, and to be fair 50 years from now his name will be mentioned with the same regularity as Alis.

Mike Tyson earned 300 million $ in his career.. what has TS done ?

So it's money that defines accomplishments? I'll give you that: He was the biggest draw/cash cow that boxing has ever seen.

What have I done? Nothing that would compare financially to what Tyson has done so you got me there! But I also haven't raped anybody, gone to prison, drugged myself out, acted like a crazy by telling some dude that I would do him up the ass, and I haven't bitten off somebody's ear.

But I also haven't raped anybody, gone to prison, drugged myself out, acted like a crazy by telling some dude that I would do him up the ass, and I haven't bitten off somebody's ear.

Yet! lol

So it's money that defines accomplishments? I'll give you that: He was the biggest draw/cash cow that boxing has ever seen.

What have I done? Nothing that would compare financially to what Tyson has done so you got me there! But I also haven't raped anybody, gone to prison, drugged myself out, acted like a crazy by telling some dude that I would do him up the ass, and I haven't bitten off somebody's ear.

sounds like you haven't lived at all, what are you 8 years old?

1) He failed to beat the "greats" of his era in Holyfield and Lewis

2) He failed to show "heart"(second Holyfield and Danny Williams)

3) He failed to "get up off the canvas" after getting knocked down(Douglas and Williams). Marciano, Holmes, Foreman, Ali, all had bout where they hit the floor, got up and won!

Tyson had plenty of talent and was the youngest fighter to win the HW title. This is about the only thing you can say about his career

You couldn't be more wrong. First off Tyson was actually a different era. He was great in the late 80s, holyfield held the 90s and Lewis was late 90s in to 2000s.

He did get off the canvas against Douglas so i dont know what your talking about. It was actually one of the greatest heavyweight fights ever. He dropped Douglas late and showed a lot of heart.

As far as not beating Lewis it is not really legit. Lewis beat him 11 years after he already lost the title. Maybe you don't realize this, as mot people don't, but Lewis was still an amteur while Tyson was undisputed Wolrd Champion. That makes them different eras. Also, Tyson had fought I belive 8 or 9 rounds in 3 years leading up to the Lewis fight. he said he needed at least 2 more fights before a shot at Lewis and had a fight scheduled with Ray Mercer. Lewis, knowing Tyson wasn't prepared, threw out an offer and a shit load of money that Tyson could not turn down. So he fought a fighter that admitted prior that he was not ready.

Back to heart, the Danny williams fight he hurt his knee, he should have still gotten up but this was when he was a totally shot fighter.

Seemds most people look at what he did after prison. NO ONE would be the same athlete after 6 years away form the sport and 3 years in prison.

You also have to remember.. NO ONE was standing in line to fight Tyson before he went to jail. Once he was beaten and exposed then everyone wanted to fight.

He is still the youngest heavyweight champ ever and the most dominate champion we have seen.

Should I list all the champions and former title jolders that he beat.

Trevor Berbick
Pinklon Thomas
Tony Tucker
Tony Tubbs
Larry Holmes
Mike Spinks- 91 seconds
Frank Bruno - twice
Bruce Seldon

Not all greats but all title holders.

"Didn't achieve everything he could have given his potential" = yep.

"Failed as a fighter" considering his unifying the HW titles as a kid, victories against the likes of Smith/Tucker/Spinks/Bruno/Ruddock, his incredible appeal to boxing fans and even non-boxing fans and his belonging to the all-time HW top 10 or 15 list = flat-out retarded, hence failing as a poster.

Please stop starting threads with idiotic titles. Thank you.

Thanks for sparing me the time of having to spell it out for idiotic TS.

This stint in the slammer didn't do much for him either. Had he been able to keep his original trainer; Cus D'Amato; I think his success would have been longer.

No real champ, muchless the youngest and most exciting heavyweight champ, can ever be considered a failure as a fighter. TS is unrealistic....what' the logic, if you're not top 3 alltime in your weight class then you're a failure? da fu*k outta here....

?????? Uh, people answer shit posts like this? If we are talking failures, the TS fails as a poster.

This thread is retarded. I thought anubismcdeath had made this thread its so dumb.

Back