Tyrone spong working the heavy bag

He seems a lot heavier and doesn't move as well compared to when he was a lot leaner.

He seems a lot heavier and doesn't move as well compared to when he was a lot leaner.

He's been that big for a while though. His movement hasn't been the same since the leg break actually, regardless of weight.

But it's also kinda obvious that you're not gonna move the same when you're 70kg and when you're 110kg. He started fighting at 66kg and went through most weight classes to end up at HW at about 105-110kg now.

I think he was best when he was fighting between 75kg and 85kg. I blame K-1 for making him go heavy.

Last edited:
He's been that big for a while though. His movement hasn't been the same since the leg break actually, regardless of weight.

But it's also kinda obvious that you're not gonna move the same when you're about 80kg and when you're 110kg.
It's not just the movement. The boxing seems very labored and handspeed seemed to be slower. I saw a couple of his recent fights and he is a lot of heavier(looks a bit soft) vs when he made his debut in boxing. The only reason I made this comment is that he is calling out Wilder and Joshua and I don't believe he has the same type of handspeed.

It's not just the movement. The boxing seems very labored and handspeed seemed to be slower. I saw a couple of his recent fights and he is a lot of heavier(looks a bit soft) vs when he made his debut in boxing. The only reason I made this comment is that he is calling out Wilder and Joshua and I don't believe he has the same type of handspeed.

I wouldn't count him out of either fight though, especially against Wilder who likes to make it more of a brawl than a technical fight.

This guy is one of my favorite fighters. And I like the fact that he went from kickboxing to mma and now boxing. He will achieve goat status one day.

If I didn’t know who spong was I’d say that guy in the video isn’t that good by pro standards. I guess he’s an entry level pro boxer

If I didn’t know who spong was I’d say that guy in the video isn’t that good by pro standards. I guess he’s an entry level pro boxer
entry level? boxrec has him ranked #67 in the world currently.

Is he prepping for a boxing match? He too short for HWs, maybe he go CW.

Say that to Mike Tyson.

Also, Tyrone Spong is the same height as Alexander Povetkin.

He is 11 cm taller then Iron mike..

Iron Mike times did not have consistent giants like Fury, Wilder, and AJ. Povetkin used to be a CW. Plus nowadays people are saying Usyk is too small for Fury, Deontays, and AJs of the HW world. Usyk is 6'3" listed.

Iron Mike times did not have consistent giants like Fury, Wilder, and AJ. Povetkin used to be a CW. Plus nowadays people are saying Usyk is too small for Fury, Deontays, and AJs of the HW world. Usyk is 6'3" listed.

You ask if Tyrone is prepping for a boxing match so I take a guess and say you don't know he's already 12-0 at HW and slowly but surely moving to the top.

Consistent giants? Deontay Wilder is very light for his height actually, and sure right now the top3 guys at HW are very tall, but not that long ago there was guys like David Haye and Dereck Chisora among the top. Who knows how the top5 is gonna shape up in the next couple of years.

Also at the time of Mike Tyson there were already very tall guys like Kevin McBride, Lennox Lewis and Lou Savarese.
I mean look at this:
hqdefault.jpg

Back