Tyrone Spong has been removed from Usyk fight

Hearn dropped the ball here. Nobody is hyped for Usyk at HW.

Hearn dropped the ball here. Nobody is hyped for Usyk at HW.
They will be if he fights credible opposition and wins......he has dropped the ball in so far as his HW debut is taking far too long

Good. That was a disgusting mismatch.

I'd like to think we'd get someone like Takam or Bakole in there but this close to the date they will probably pull someone out of the audience.

now they are going to have to find some taxi driver to fight him in 4 days lmao.

Another cheating c*nt by the sounds of it.
Who is he gonna fight now. This HW division is a fckin disgrace. Its full of cheaters or guys too scared to fight each other

Another cheating c*nt by the sounds of it.
Who is he gonna fight now. This HW division is a fckin disgrace. Its full of cheaters or guys too scared to fight each other
Never should have expected any K1 fighter to be clean lol.

Spong’s muscle gain was absurd back in the day when he went to HW. It was near Overeem level laughable.

Spong’s muscle gain was absurd back in the day when he went to HW. It was near Overeem level laughable.

Yeah fair one.

This is starring to get ridiculous now though. I half expect fights to be pulled now because of juicing in this division

I mean if you guys haven't figured it out by now everybody in boxing is taking something if you believe all boxers are clean you are completely delusional the other ones just haven't been caught yet.

everybody that gains 25 pounds of muscle and still is lean is taking something 100%

Hearn got a good replacement for Joshua (Ruiz), now he got a good replacement for Chisora (Price) ... why couldn't he get a good replacement for Usyk?
If David Price is available now, then he was probably available a few months ago too.

Eddie Hearn has been getting on my nerves this year quite a lot.

Hearn got a good replacement for Joshua (Ruiz), now he got a good replacement for Chisora (Price) ... why couldn't he get a good replacement for Usyk?
If David Price is available now, then he was probably available a few months ago too.

Hearn is a good promoter so I think the way Usyk has been handled is a red flag and may indicate they just don't think he'll do that well at hw based on what they've seen in his sparring sessions. Hearn could have easily found some hw can and thrown some cash at him to fight Usyk for his hw debut. Instead they got a one-legged kb. It will be telling to see who Spong's replacement is.

well, no defending Hearn over this one, it was a super shit fight to start with, i would rather Usyk didnt fight anyone now until credible opponent can be found and is willing to fight

Hearn is a good promoter so I think the way Usyk has been handled is a red flag and may indicate they just don't think he'll do that well at hw based on what they've seen in his sparring sessions. Hearn could have easily found some hw can and thrown some cash at him to fight Usyk for his hw debut. Instead they got a one-legged kb. It will be telling to see who Spong's replacement is.
First of all, Matchroom (Hearn) is Usyk's co-promoter while K2 is his lead promoter. I'm aware of the sparring stories and everything I've heard is positive dating back to a few years ago when he sparred Wlad. Wlad looked so bad in there with Usyk that he kicked him out of the ring during a media workout in front of multiple observers. This clip is timestamped for you.

One got injured, one got busted and loads of top fighters appear to be pricing themselves out of the fight. That’s the bigger problem by the look of it

No surprise, dude jumped up from 178 to a lean 210 in only a couple years. Those Dutch kickboxers love their horse meat.

Smartest move of his career. Lost himself a payday, saved himself an embarrassing and presumably brutal ass beating. Heady play by Spong, he was probably still cycling while getting tested just hoping his levels were Mickey Bey high.

Yes go on CHAZZ WITHERSPOON!!!

What a FIGHT!

Tough one this for Usyk.

Back