Tyrone Glover's Toe Hold

Combatchaz**

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
You can see the a step-by step Toe hold by Tyrone Glover as well as 180 other techniques HERE

Thats so much like the toe-hold in folkstyle....in fact, I was taught a very, very similar move in the MSU intensive camp by Dave Dean.

Nice. I broke someones foot in a Submission match doing that toe hold once, except I was on my stomach, on his leg while he had my feet trying to apply a hold. I got the figure four in and just applied pressure, myself knowing that it was basically over and he had to tap. I just kept appling pressure until he tapped, but he never tapped, and after about 7 seconds I heard the crunch of his bones and his foot just look contored and out of place.

I am in love with the toehold. I have caught so many people with it. To me, it is the most secure-feeling leg lock, and I feel like I can get it from almost any position.

Cool! I beleive in my toe-hold, I just haven't got anybody with it yet! T- Money is a beast!

Ecellent with a site covering so much, especially if you want to look into refine a technique.

i like the toe hold he does when he gator rolls. it is awesome, someone should post it on there.

guardpasser said:
i like the toe hold he does when he gator rolls. it is awesome, someone should post it on there.

I think I know what youre talking about, because when I apply a toe hold, I do a forward roll (or a somersault....I think forward roll sound s alot cooler) while holding on to the sub so he cant escape it. Also try taping someone in mid roll. Very very cool sub to show your friends.

BTW--this exactly what the great Masa Funaki beat Bas Rutten with.

Back