Tyron Woodley's ability to trigger Dana White and legions of fans with two minute soundbytes is...

Hope Tyron wet blankets Till for 5 rounds, doesn't defend for 11 months then arranges a fight with Colby but then retires an hour before the fight.

Then we'll see triggered

Woodley triggers Dana and the fanbase, but not in a way that it converts into more business and PPV buys, at least I don't think he does. 228 will be a good test of his drawing power. If this card does shit buys then it'll prove Tyron is doing thing wrong. It's not good popcorn if nobody buys it.

Only one black guy has been successful in selling PPVs in the UFC....Rampage....and his shtick was black on black crime while acting hood.....

All other black guys failed, no matter how good/dominant they were...they never sold as much as they should've based on their dominance.

Jon Jones was pretty much the most dominant champ for a while, even before he tested positive......He never sold that good unless it was black on black crime (Rampage, Rashad, Cormier)......

Anderson Silva......One of the most dominant champs...He never sold that well unless it was a huge card like UFC Rio, which was hyped up because UFC was going to brazil or if he was part of a big fight card.....Other than that, he sold well against Chael Sonnen/Weidman....Both American Bois, which the UFC fanbase wanted to see since they wanted them to destroy Cocky Anderson Silva(He was hated during this time because of his cockiness in the Maia/Leites fights).

So if Tyron wants to improve his PPV numbers, he should A) Look for black on black crime....B) Act hood.....C) Fight a White guy that the Young White American Male fanbase wants to win.

I think C) was his best option...He should've fought Colby...It would've made more money than till...now he risks losing his money fight if he loses to till.

How will you know if they buy it for Woodley or for Till though? If it does decent or good.

You'll never know for sure but given the complete lack of drawls on the card and Till's unproven status (never headlined a PPV) it's about as good a test as any of Woodley's drawling power.

Derp, Tyrun is so brave. Derp!!

gHiTtHj.png

You'll never know for sure but given the complete lack of drawls on the card and Till's unproven status (never headlined a PPV) it's about as good a test as any of Woodley's drawling power.
This card has zero promotion and zero buzz and the majority of MMA fighters can't draw in a vaccum these days.
200k would be surprising to me and also a success,
My guess is some basement numbers like 125. Woodley has a bad reputation among MMA fans, and the most significant moments of Dana in the media talking about him are him saying things like "I don't know why someone would watch this guy fight"

This card has zero promotion and zero buzz and the majority of MMA fighters can't draw in a vaccum these days.
200k would be surprising to me and also a success,
My guess is some basement numbers like 125. Woodley has a bad reputation among MMA fans, and the most significant moments of Dana in the media talking about him are him saying things like "I don't know why someone would watch this guy fight"

Organic triggering is better than any artificial promotion. If Woodley truly has great ability to trigger it would be reflected in the buyrate of the card, this is a true test of the quality of popcorn he generates. There's a fundamental difference between someone who's polarizing like a Stern or a McGregor, and someone whom people just want gone because he's annoying like a buzzing mosquito, and it can be measured by $$$ and attention.

Hes a smug wanker

Organic triggering is better than any artificial promotion. If Woodley truly has great ability to trigger it would be reflected in the buyrate of the card, then we'll know if he's actually good at creating high quality popcorn. There's a fundamental difference between someone who's polarizing like a Stern or a McGregor, and someone whom people just want gone because he's annoying like a buzzing mosquito.
<mma4>

The buys will come if the Colby fight happens
I have patience

Have mo dog in this shit...
I admire Tyron as a fighter but the race batting BS is stupid.
Don’t care if is trolling or if He really believes the thing.
And
DFW can go sit and spin in a heliy propeller for alI i know.

They deserve each other.

Haha, as if a black dude talking about the racial prejudice he and his community experience is “race-baiting”.

The racial majority aren’t in a position to understand or explain, decide on the specifics of, the prejudice experience of the minority.

If you’re a factory owner & boss, and you have only ever been the owner & the boss, and your parents were there owning and being in charge before you, and their parents before them etc etc, you can never understand what it’s like for the people you make work for minimum wage.

Legendary

Thank you for the Popcorn

may you never lose

Dilly Dilly

But Woodley's the one who originally got triggered.... Dana's just pissed that the guy is playing the race card with the UFC (and everything else) because he has no fans and can't sell PPV for shit.

Last edited:
Organic triggering is better than any artificial promotion. If Woodley truly has great ability to trigger it would be reflected in the buyrate of the card, this is a true test of the quality of popcorn he generates. There's a fundamental difference between someone who's polarizing like a Stern or a McGregor, and someone whom people just want gone because he's annoying like a buzzing mosquito, and it can be measured by $$$ and attention.
7gYL11kTLF.gif

But Woodley's the one who originally got triggered.... Dana's just pissed that the guy is playing the race card with the UFC (and everything else) because he has no fans and can't sell PPV for shit.
Woodley was never triggered
He just stated an opinion
Dana gets triggered after every Woodley event or interview

Back