Tyron Woodley won’t fight Kamaru Usman if Darren Till misses weight

Can't blame him. Spend a whole training camp focused on a tall lanky striker it makes no sense to then accept a wrestler on 24 hours notice.

Hate Woodley but no way a 24 hour notice fight is ducking. Any champion that accepts it is a boss but nobody should be expected to.

Till has a small chance vs t woodz if he takes full advantage of the sizeable weight advantage he will surley purchase from woodz on weigh in day. Plus he no get belt. He also lose to wb.

Smart man. Usman's style is something you have to train specifically for. Till and Usman are so different in styles, it doesn't make sense to switch it up. That's what fight camps are for. To focus on one fighter and beat that one fighter. It would make more sense if Till's replacement was another similar striker. I don't like TyRUN but I respect his choice.

Let’s hope Till decides to be a professional and makes weight.

The entire division continues to duck the future champ.

If Till misses weight, Tyron gets 30% of his purse so it makes more sense financially to fight Till. Also, Till is a more exciting fighter than Usman, & can sell more PPVs than Usman. Tyron isn't afraid of any WW

I figured it was already agreed upon- if not signed. Will be funny if Till misses weight.

Hope Till makes the weight and keeps this scrap on par. The cutting game and lack of penalties is a real problem.

Not gonna lie I badly want Till to miss weight, can't stand the guy. Says he can beat ANY fighter in the world at any weight, that was his exact words before. And then said he is proud to be a light heavyweight, but then kills himself and cuts huge weight to fight much smaller welterweights lmao. What a big contradiction.

Also i'm not even sure he beat Thompson, that staring contest was impossible to score. 0-0 scores from me. Resembled nothing like a fight, all his other fights are boring too, yes I admit the Cerrone fight was impressive, no doubt. But his other fights I just ain't seeing it, I see a hesitant and tentative point fighter.

Also Woodley vs Usman would be a totally different style fight, so Woodley don't have to take nothing. Dana can go red faced crying

Darren Till was overweight for his title eliminator fight against Stephen Thompson earlier this year, coming in 3.5 pounds over the limit at UFC Fight Night 130 in front of his hometown crowd in Liverpool, England.

The victory was good enough to earn him a shot at Tyron Woodley’s welterweight title, even if he was the second option to interim titleholder Colby Covington.

Still, Woodley isn’t worried about “The Gorilla’s” weight issues, as he told The Ariel Helwani MMA Show that he intends to fight the top contender at UFC 228 on Sept. 8, 2018 in Dallas, Texas, whether Till hits his mark or not.

Of course, the contest will be a non-title fight should Till have another scale fail, and would still likely be the headliner despite Nicco Montano and Valentina Shevchenko fighting for the flyweight title in the co-main event.

As far as accepting a short-notice fight against Kamaru Usman, who will be on standby should someone not play by the rules come fight night, Woodley says there is “zero percent chance” he will accept the proposal, saying “The Nigerian Nightmare” is not someone to fight on 24 hours notice.

https://www.mmamania.com/platform/a...l-misses-weight-mma?__twitter_impression=true

smart man. why should he fight usman anyway? not his problem chubby till cant make weight. why risk a fight versus usman who is even better than till. he needs to prepare properly for usman and 1 day is certainly not enough preparation.

He should not be expected to fight anyone that he has not prepared for. If the UFC wants these fighters to just fight anyone whenever they say, they need to make them employees and stop the contractor b.s.

if he doesn't want to defend his belt against all contenders they should just strip the belt off his ass. Colby style
So there's no need for coaches and training camps? The fighters should just get in shape and have absolutely no game plan?

Why would he on 24hrs notice?
KU would have nothing to lose. TW would have everything to lose.

Good. People will act as if it Tyron's fault, yet look past the fact that Till would have missed weight. I think Woodley would beat Usman though; Usman has a style like Covington's, wants to wrestle and grind. Except, both Woodley and Covington are better wrestlers. Covington has better cardio out of the trio though.

Usman is a very tough stylistic matchup for Woodley, if only cuz he's an excellent wrestler with non-stop cardio and he's tough as nails. He's also the stylistic opposite of Darren Till and the preparations required to fight one are in no way, shape, or form the same as for the other. At this point though, I'll take anyone who can get T-Wood out of the championship fights/the UFC.

Fair play to him. No world class fighter let alone a champion should be even asked to accept such short notice fights.especially in MMA with so many variables and against a completely different stylistic matchup.

It’s fuckin stupid

Back