Tyron Woodley won’t fight Kamaru Usman if Darren Till misses weight

Well there goes UFC's back up plan. Can't blame em for trying.

It is not really 24 hours notice when they announced Usman as a alternate over a month ago. He should be have been training a bit for him to in his camp. Bad coaching if he didnt. Whole card is in jeopardy now. If Woodley vs Till gets called off and he refuses to fight the backup guy then I expect the whole venue to be cancelled. Fans are gonna be pissed without a WW title fight on the line. It is a very bad card to begin with. Without this fight its not a ppv. It is barely even a free fight night.

If how they treated Colby was any indication of the new UFC's moto, Then Woodley may end up getting stripped if hes not careful. He needs this fight more then anyone. Risky business!

Because Bisping retired and they need another brash English fighter to keep the UK fanbase coming back. If the UFC sees a money maker in you they'll do some stupid and unfair shit to get you where they want you, they really don't care who gets screwed over in the process.

So hilarious how Till missed weight and robbed a decision in a country notorious for bias judges (see Bisping and Silva too) and he's now getting a title shot. Kid shouldn't have even moved up the rankings.
Bisping clearly beat Silva.

Vs Hendo 2 was a good example of a British hometown robbery

God the hate on here for Woodley is insane. He hasn't said he won't fight usman just not on short notice.

Bisping clearly beat Silva.

Vs Hendo 2 was a good example of a British hometown robbery

I'll have to watch it again. I just remember watching it live and being irked that Silva lost it. I'm not a Silva fanboy by any stretch of the imagination.

But I also agree on the second Hendo fight. It was ridiculous how that fight even got made in the 1st place. Top contenders at MW got screwed in that debacle because Bisping brings more money to the UFC than any of them.

Getting sick of these UFCircus title shots.
How does a man miss weight by 3.5 pounds in the title eliminator then scrape past Thompson in what most people called a robbery and get a title shot?

Effin thank you!

Smart. If Till misses weight Woodley gets a chunk of his paycheck.

Darren Till was overweight for his title eliminator fight against Stephen Thompson earlier this year, coming in 3.5 pounds over the limit at UFC Fight Night 130 in front of his hometown crowd in Liverpool, England.

The victory was good enough to earn him a shot at Tyron Woodley’s welterweight title, even if he was the second option to interim titleholder Colby Covington.

Still, Woodley isn’t worried about “The Gorilla’s” weight issues, as he told The Ariel Helwani MMA Show that he intends to fight the top contender at UFC 228 on Sept. 8, 2018 in Dallas, Texas, whether Till hits his mark or not.

Of course, the contest will be a non-title fight should Till have another scale fail, and would still likely be the headliner despite Nicco Montano and Valentina Shevchenko fighting for the flyweight title in the co-main event.

As far as accepting a short-notice fight against Kamaru Usman, who will be on standby should someone not play by the rules come fight night, Woodley says there is “zero percent chance” he will accept the proposal, saying “The Nigerian Nightmare” is not someone to fight on 24 hours notice.

https://www.mmamania.com/platform/a...l-misses-weight-mma?__twitter_impression=true

Of course Woodley wouldn't do something cool like that.

Woodley ducking a grappler whose striking is far inferior to his is ridiculous.

Wouldnt this be written into his contract that he HAS to fight him? If not, the ufc is terrbile at their job. Why even have a backup at all if its not contractually written you will have to fight him if something goes wrong?

Usman is a worse draw than Fitch and just as difficult to beat. There is no upside to fighting him.

When I think of Usman, I think of this:

turkeyeggs.JPG

We don't need a 3rd egg in a row.

ROFL my god, look at how overrated Usman is.

And what exactly are you basing this overrated tag on..? Safer to say all the WW's who are ducking him are overrated ala Colby Covington who's without a plastic belt (soon) and is constantly taunted and called out by Usman. So just exactly who is overrated...?

Last edited:
Getting sick of these UFCircus title shots.
How does a man miss weight by 3.5 pounds in the title eliminator then scrape past Thompson in what most people called a robbery and get a title shot?
True.

Even though I’m a big fan of Till and hope he KO’s Tyrone cold, Usman was the rightful #1 contender after Colby.

Well his whole training camp will be for a fight against a tall long mother fucker and that is not what Usman is so its understandable.

And what exactly are you basing this overrated tag on..? Safer to say all the WW's who are ducking him are overrated ala Colby Covington who's without a plastic belt (soon) and is constantly taunted and called out by Usman. So just exactly who is overrated...?
Usman, 30% bro... 30%!

Back