Tyron Woodley UFC 201 Weigh In "Some of us look the same after USADA"

Some of his remarks are actually funny and well placed

He's not comparing himself to Robbie you dumbasses..... he's comparing himself to guys like erick silva, etc who look noticeably smaller post-usada.

I understand twood is talking to get exposure, and it's kind of working due to all the threads about him recently. But he is going about it wrong or at least coming across different than he intended. Except the race card stuff, that is just always stupid.

Just comes off as lame. You either need to come off as completely serious or pretending to be serious while winking at the camera like Chael. Tyronicus just comes off as desperate for attention without being entertaining.

I guess we should bring up Robbie losing to babbalu and Lorenz Larkin.
In Robbie's defense he matches up poorly with Larkin.

Larkin is an elite striker he often dominates guys if it's pure stand up. The wrestling definitely saps some of his power etc.

God you T Wood haters are so sensitive. He's talking about himself, not Lawler.

truthfully i don't really see how anyone can hate on woodley.

im no fan, but he seems look a good guy.

I think the only reason he gets hate is because of his skin color.

But the fans don't care for him very much. He isn't a needle mover. If the UFC pushes him he will not magically become a star. He isn't a very entertaining personality. I'm sure he is a nice guy and nobody is saying the UFC doesn't like him. But liking him doesn't mean they think he is a superstar in the making.

Also not sure I understand your Nate Diaz reference. That only proves my point that Nate delivered a highly entertaining post fight speech calling out Conor after beating the shit out of Michael Johnson. He was entertaining leading up to the Conor fight and then won which put him over into superstar territory. If Woodly suddenly becomes entertaining as hell, the UFC will push him and help put him over. Until then, he should shut up about it.

Nate and Nick always had a big fan base, and I was just referencing ND because he's complained about the UFC and still became popular, Of course the fight with Conor took his stardom to the next level, but he most certainly had a strong following before the Michael Johnson fight, hell he had a decent following before the Donald Cerrone fight. If anything, that fight with DC gave him a huge boost with the fans. Conor is just the fight that got him paid.

I do agree with you that he'd have to step up his performances in order to get a bigger push. But "until then, he should shut up about it'? That's what I'm saying.. You guys are missing it. The only way you gain popularity is by having people talk about you, whether it be positive or negative. How do you get people talking about you? By promoting yourself. You may or may not like the manner in which he does it, but that doesn't matter. Tonight you'll be supporting T-Wood (assuming you're going to watch the fight) and his dream whether you root for him or not.

Back