Tyron Woodley: u gotta be f**king kidding me!!!

Fighting Tyron on the inside is a risky proposition. He's just too damn quick and powerful. Even a partially blocked shot could lead to the end of fight. Keeping him at range makes it much more difficult to attack like that. Woodley won because he was the better fighter last night. Robbie let him work his strengths by putting his back to the cage.

Yeh, what i was thinking is that Lawler smarter game plan was to be aggressive and press Woodley toward the cage in order to not let him think. In this way he may have risked to beign taken down, but Lawler TDD i believe could have hold up pretty good especially in the first 2 rounds.

I need to check my fandom. I wanted Lawler to win, but I didn't bleed internally after he lost. Sounds like some people did.

Of course many people did. Lawler is a veteran and he was probably the only old school MMA fighter champion. Not many champion like to go berserk mode and engage a brawl when on the stake there's the belt.

Yeh, what i was thinking is that Lawler smarter game plan was to be aggressive and press Woodley toward the cage in order to not let him think. In this way he may have risked to beign taken down, but Lawler TDD i believe could have hold up pretty good especially in the first 2 rounds.
Woodley has a really bad habit of getting pinned against the cage and staying there, even in more recent fights. He rarely mounts good offense in that position because he gets very tentative and focuses on defense, though he did KO Kos from that position. He may have worked on it over the past couple years, but I was expecting Robbie to be offensive early and try to put him in that position. Bottom line is that Tyron is a dangerous fighter and he once again proved that last night.

Dude are you dense? I'm just saying if some dude can win a medal in the Olympics after training for only 2 years, boxing striking isn't elite either so your argument has no merit.

Then why aren't these mma fighters going into boxing? They could be making millions.

Oh wait, Hunt and Silva tried. Didn't go very well.

The T Wood bomb caused the most butthurt on Sherdog since Jones made Shogun tap to strikes

A known (pardoned) juicer getting a comeback victory?

People can post Nate getting starched too.
silva%20v%20marquardt.gif

Also Marquardt had to quit against Gastelum while Woodley still fought after breaking his foot.

Funny how 4 years changes the game.
People also ignore the fact that Robbie lost a UD to Lorenz Larkin on this same card.

Dude are you dense? I'm just saying if some dude can win a medal in the Olympics after training for only 2 years, boxing striking isn't elite either so your argument has no merit.
Doesn't his current record prove that he isn't just "some dude"? Perhaps he is just naturally gifted? Boxing isn't a sport where you can quit your accounting job at 32, train for 3 years and then fight for a championship.
It's best not to compare the striking of the 2 sports. They're different.

Tyron has struggled with guys who pressured him - MacDonald and Nate both had him backed up to the cage on defense, they crowded him. He was awarded a very close split decision over Kelvin who spent most of the fight coming forward.

Robbie looks like he came out a little cold, and for whatever reasoning, didn't apply pressure like we expect of him.

I think its also reasonable to assume the guy who's been through a number of split decision 5 round wars where he used his chin as his primary defense has accumulated a lot of damage.

No shock for me. Twood has legit power in that right hand.
the tools to be able to do the job and the ability to implement those tools are two different things, and unlike you, I was like "woodley won't be able to catch him" i was wrong. so when it happened I was like " :O !!!!"

Then why aren't these mma fighters going into boxing? They could be making millions.

Oh wait, Hunt and Silva tried. Didn't go very well.
Fabio Maldonado was like 25-0 in boxing, couldn't get any big fights and quit to go to MMA, where he was mediocre at best.

Also the biggest boxing PPV this year is only 550k, the average is abysmal. The UFC already has multiple ones over a million.

Why do you think Amir Khan is suddenly training in MMA and campaigning to fight in the UFC when he is one of the biggest draws in boxing? (He was the headline along with Canelo that sold the most PPV buys this year)

Why would he want to go make less money? Or is it just more likely the purses of top fighters are pretty similar and now MMA is surging?

People vastly overestimate how much the average boxer makes, also I could point out Kickboxers make much less money than MMA fighters. So why wouldn't they switch to MMA and dominate with their supposed "elite striking"?

In fact, Ernesto Hoost probably one of the greatest Kickboxers of all time got his ass kicked by fucking Bob Sapp...twice!

My point is if you boil it down the level of striking is not that different between all the combat sports.

There are guys in MMA/Boxing/Kickboxing who train from the age of 5 and have all the technical striking in the world who will still get their ass kicked by some natural guy whose only trained for a couple years and just has a killer hook lmao.

MMA striking is a joke and all you need is a over hand right to be a champ.

LoL.

Real fighting in the real world, no one wears gloves and that's all it takes. Boxing gloves are a joke. You're "insightful" comments are a joke.

Fabio Maldonado was like 25-0 in boxing, couldn't get any big fights and quit to go to MMA, where he was mediocre at best.

Also the biggest boxing PPV this year is only 550k, the average is abysmal. The UFC already has multiple ones over a million.

Why do you think Amir Khan is suddenly training in MMA and campaigning to fight in the UFC when he is one of the biggest draws in boxing? (He was the headline along with Canelo that sold the most PPV buys this year)

Why would he want to go make less money? Or is it just more likely the purses of top fighters are pretty similar and now MMA is surging?

People vastly overestimate how much the average boxer makes, also I could point out Kickboxers make much less money than MMA fighters. So why wouldn't they switch to MMA and dominate with their supposed "elite striking"?

In fact, Ernesto Hoost probably one of the greatest Kickboxers of all time got his ass kicked by fucking Bob Sapp...twice!

My point is if you boil it down the level of striking is not that different between all the combat sports.

There are guys in MMA/Boxing/Kickboxing who train from the age of 5 and have all the technical striking in the world who will still get their ass kicked by some natural guy whose only trained for a couple years and just has a killer hook lmao.

Maldonaldo fought bums and still had good enough striking to KO Fedor, MMA goat, on the feet in a few minutes

Amir Khan made 12 million dollars against Canelo. He will get even more if he fights Kell Brooks.

LoL. You're delusional, MMA striking is awful.

Maldonaldo fought bums and still had good enough striking to KO Fedor, MMA goat, on the feet in a few minutes

Amir Khan made 12 million dollars against Canelo. He will get even more if he fights Kell Brooks.

Yes he fought bums like every boxer does for their first 10-15 fights because the sport's makeup is a complete joke. Difference is politics couldn't get him any significant fight.

And former boxing great James Toney got his ass kicked in two seconds in MMA. It's almost like over the hill fighters looking for a payday don't usually too do well no matter the sport. At least Fedor survived more than a minute lmao.

So why is Amir Khan training MMA now and posting how he wants to come to the UFC? Because he can make more money fighting Conor than he can against anyone in boxing.

MMA striking is a joke and all you need is a over hand right to be a champ.

LoL.

Defence needs to evolve – or rather, devolve. Cross-arm guard would work great in MMA, given the option of the backfist and the short elbow.

2.jpg

image073.jpg

Mendoza-style_cross-armed_guard_medium.png

A known (pardoned) juicer getting a comeback victory?

People can post Nate getting starched too.
silva%20v%20marquardt.gif

Also Marquardt had to quit against Gastelum while Woodley still fought after breaking his foot.

Funny how 4 years changes the game.

Yeah. USADA has definitely changed the game. But I'm still not sure whether it's for the better or worse.

Yes he fought bums like every boxer does for their first 10-15 fights because the sport's makeup is a complete joke. Difference is politics couldn't get him any significant fight.

And former boxing great James Toney got his ass kicked in two seconds in MMA. It's almost like over the hill fighters looking for a payday don't usually too do well no matter the sport. At least Fedor survived more than a minute lmao.

So why is Amir Khan training MMA now and posting how he wants to come to the UFC? Because he can make more money fighting Conor than he can against anyone in boxing.

James Toney had more talent than anyone in the UFC. You're clearly a 15 year old mma fan who knows nothing about boxing.

LoL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back