Tyron Woodley totally worked all you dumb marks ("ducking" Wonderboy)

How is Stephen a bad match up for Woodley.

Thompson is very good at controlling distance, not getting hit, takedown defense and has cardio for 5 rounds. Look what rory did to woodley. Thompson can do the same and finish him. Im not saying tyron doesnt have a chance in hell but If he cant knock him out or take down in the early rounds he is in for a bad night I think.

Last edited:
Everybody is talking about him.

Had he said he was looking forward to fighting Wonderboy, this past week would have been a slow one.

He calling out GSP and Nick Diaz and, most importantly, "ducking" Wonderboy in the process was planned out ahead of time. If you thought otherwise, i.e. he's afraid of Wonderboy, then you're nothing but a dumb mark.

Even if he never gets to fight GSP or Nick Diaz, his eventual fight with Wonderboy is going to be bigger than if he never had "ducked" him in the first place.
lol no. Given the opportunity to either fight GSP/Diaz or Wonderboy he would have easily picked the money fight and ducked wonderboy. He was forced to defend against wonderboy

So MMAMath? When will you guys learn...

Rory had success against Woodley because he is good at distance (just like Wonderboy) but he presses the action, is durable and has take down threats. Wonderboy had success against Rory because he does well at keeping distance, is a counter striker and Rory is a volume puncher.

Tyron's faster than Rory, more explosive, has a td threat and is a power striker. One shot and its all over. Good fight for both fighters but it's far from a lock for Thompson.

Wonderboy presses the action and is durable as well... Never been finished in over 60 fights.

Rory shouldn't have had the takedown threat vs Woodley because Woodley is the decorated wrestler... Rory has a good double but he was only able to take down Woodley because Woodley was worried about his striking.

Wonderboy doesn't have a TD threat but he has good TDD, I don't think Tyron is going to take him down.

i sense a lot of you haters are still upset about him making lawler look amature

He's not that intelligent. The more likely explanation is that he was being spiteful and money-hungry. If he ends up fighting Wonderboy instead of GSP or Diaz, it'll only be because the opportunity fell through.

Degree in economics and business owner.
Smarter than almost everyone on Sherdog

People talk shit about him but no one is buying tickets. Good job Woodley, great promoting out there.

100 bucks says Woolley doesn't even know what a work is.

Lol @ Woodley working ppl.

More like Dana gives 0 fucks about what Woodley wanted.

Woodley's hate is nothing surprising to me.

Firstly, he beat a fan favorite in Robbie. Knocked him out cold in the first, that's not going to sit too well with a lot of fans.

Secondly, traditionally in MMA black fighters have had to deal with more hate than white fighters as at the end of the day the majority of fans are white Americans. And if you think I'm pulling the race card then you're just delusional as fuck.

Same bullshit happened to Rashad, he knocked out Chuck who was a massive fan favorite. And hate he got was almost as crazy as the hate JBJ gets now.

Weidman knocks out Anderson, fucking tons of fans were made that night. Chael and Conor talks shit everyone loves it, Rashad and Jones says something slightly arrogant we get 20 threads here talking about what pieces of shit they are.

This is just the trend I've observed since more black Americans have seen success in MMA, personally I don't give a fuck about race. I love Robbie, not a big fan of Woodley. I love Rashad and Jones, I love Chuck. Skin color means nothing to me in the fight game.

Secondly, traditionally in MMA black fighters have had to deal with more hate than white fighters as at the end of the day the majority of fans are white Americans. And if you think I'm pulling the race card then you're just delusional as fuck.
well, that settles it.

Everybody is talking about him.

Had he said he was looking forward to fighting Wonderboy, this past week would have been a slow one.

He calling out GSP and Nick Diaz and, most importantly, "ducking" Wonderboy in the process was planned out ahead of time. If you thought otherwise, i.e. he's afraid of Wonderboy, then you're nothing but a dumb mark.

Even if he never gets to fight GSP or Nick Diaz, his eventual fight with Wonderboy is going to be bigger than if he never had "ducked" him in the first place.

If that was true, that means he used the cheapest of tactics in order to do it - race baiting. If that was true then he made the people defending him look like even bigger fools.

Woodley's hate is nothing surprising to me.

Firstly, he beat a fan favorite in Robbie. Knocked him out cold in the first, that's not going to sit too well with a lot of fans.

Same bullshit happened to Rashad, he knocked out Chuck who was a massive fan favorite. And hate he got was almost as crazy as the hate JBJ gets now.

Weidman knocks out Anderson, fucking tons of fans were made that night. Chael and Conor talks shit everyone loves it, Rashad and Jones says something slightly arrogant we get 20 threads here talking about what pieces of shit they are.

This is just the trend I've observed since more black Americans have seen success in MMA, personally I don't give a fuck about race. I love Robbie, not a big fan of Woodley. I love Rashad and Jones, I love Chuck. Skin color means nothing to me in the fight game.
People fucking loved Anderson Silva though.....

If that was true, that means he used the cheapest of tactics in order to do it - race baiting. If that was true then he made the people defending him look like even bigger fools.

How was it racial? Really how?

Woodley lied throughout this video and is clearly scared of White Wonderboy.

OFC he's ducking. Rory schooled him and WB is 5x Rory. Everyone knows he'd get his ass beat even him.

And his mission is not accomplished. Only person saying GSP is on is him not GSP not Dana. All Dana has to do is come out and say WB vs Tyrun is booked for 205 and his running is over. Or he continues running and looks even more pathetic.

So Rory beat him so Wonderboy is a.lock?
Did you see Stefan struve batter stipe across the ring until stopping him? Stipe will get kod by every heavyweight.
Hate skews opinions.

This post is for the slow folk.

Of course, Woodley had little wiggle room as to who he would fight next. He probably knew that the Wonderboy fight was inevitable unless he can goad GSP out of retirement.

But had he said he'd fight whoever the UFC wants him to fight, he'd be as talked about as Eddie Alvarez right now. In other words, he'd be as talked about as pre-title Tyron Woodley.

Now all you marks are salivating about his next fight.

Mission accomplished.

Back