Tyron Woodley totally worked all you dumb marks ("ducking" Wonderboy)

Or maybe he did it because he knows he likely gonna lose. Its a bad matchup for him and he not only demanded for him fighting someone else but also said thompson should fight lawler so I guess he hoped for lawler knocking off the contender status from wonderboy.

How is Stephen a bad match up for Woodley.

Still gonna end up ducking him when he pulls out.

Lol, thinking Tyron is clever at playing mindgames and shit. This isn't Game of Thrones. He tried to set himself up for an easy payday and failed because he's no draw. Now he has to face the top contender like a true champion properly should.

more like he didn't get want he wanted because it was silly, and is now back in reality. now, let's get back to calling everyone who thought it was silly a racist.

Idk about the racist bit but that's pretty much how I see it.

The dude campaigned for more money, it didn't work out and now he's fighting the #1 contender. Signed and done within two months of winning his belt, yet people are bitching?

What's really surprising to me is that it's shocking to everyone when TWood said he'd be campaigning for money fights (Conor, GSP, Nick, and Bisping) before he even fought Lawler.

Bullshit.

He was like "yo boss I wanna fight GSP for the big money fight"

And then it was like-

"I'm sorry who's calling?"

"Tyron Woodley"

"Who?"

"That's racist man! I bet if a wh.."

"Oh Tyron- you're fighting Wonderboy."

I think it's more likely that they made him an offer he couldn't refuse. Probably promised a big payoff, and let him know if he didn't go for it they would strip him. Now we're getting the "I meant to do that" defense for his quacking behavior. "Hah bro I really fooled you." Right.

None one will pay to see him,he is only fighting wonderboy because its on 205.He will be a co main behind a bigger draw on a 1m + ppv were he gets ppv points which is what he wanted.

Conor will change his bum life

#ConorBless
This sounds plausible, but either way it still boils down to him wanting to get paid, not him being afraid of Wonderboy. If not for the Reebok deal, the fight with GSP probably would have gone down, but him fussing for a payday got him on one of the biggest cards of the year. Had he not made a fuss, he might have just ended up headlining some poor selling PPV.

This sounds plausible, but either way it still boils down to him wanting to get paid, not him being afraid of Wonderboy. If not for the Reebok deal, the fight with GSP probably would have gone down, but him fussing for a payday got him on one of the biggest cards of the year. Had he not made a fuss, he might have just ended up headlining some poor selling PPV.

For sure he did the right thing in relations to his career.Because wonder boy is going to starch him.And this is the one chance he has At making that payday

How is Stephen a bad match up for Woodley.
Imo Woodley is still the same guy he was when he fought Rory. I see wb controlling the distance & out striking him much like Rory. Tyron always has a chance with the right hand & blast double tho.

Woolley wanted a money fight there are two ways to get that.

Fight a big time name while getting PPV points, or fight on a big time card and get PPV points.

He got the latter was hoping for the former. Either way he is getting what he wants and that's paid.

Imo Woodley is still the same guy he was when he fought Rory. I see wb controlling the distance & out striking him much like Rory. Tyron always has a chance with the right hand & blast double tho.

I just don't see him being the same threat as Rory Mac because he has no take down threat and isn't as durable as Rory. ST gets rocked, he's been dropped, and he gets taken down (although he did have improved TDD against JH). WB does keep distance well and his path to victory is keeping the distance and not getting cut off within the first 3 rounds, if he can steal a round or two within the first 3 the fight will probably be his. But.. That's a lot of time to not get taken down or KTFO'd though.

My thoughts on it.

It's going to be fun watching Wonderboy knock him out worse than Nate did.

I think it's more likely that they made him an offer he couldn't refuse. Probably promised a big payoff, and let him know if he didn't go for it they would strip him. Now we're getting the "I meant to do that" defense for his quacking behavior. "Hah bro I really fooled you." Right.

Pretty speculative.

Woodley vs Thompson @ MSG shows what kind of businessman he is. He can play ball with these guys. You all talk shit but he positioned himself into a money fight. He may have not got the one he initially thought of but being a co main to Conor (possibly) on one of the biggest shows of the year is gonna be huge for both him and Thompson. UFC 205 is going to be big regardless but Conor would change the bum lives of Woodley and Thompson and Stephen needs to be thanking Tyron for the opportunity.

Tyron tried hard hard to get the money fights, but fight wonderboy on 205 doesn't look so bad after all.

I think he wanted GSP or Diaz (as he should want them) but from the backlash he realized the best way to get people hyped was to make them angry. He succeeded. I said the acting scared thing was partially an act from the get go and I still think it.

The guy isnt a draw but he has this fight sold better than any otherway it could have been sold.

It's amazing how much haters can change a person's opinion. I was rooting for Thompson, and now I hope he loses. I fucking hate Sherdog.

It worked with the hardcores not with the casuals which means no point of tyron working all the dumb marks.

I'm a huge Woodley fan but if GSP signs a deal with the UFC in the next 2 months i'm pretty sure Woodley will get "injured"

I just don't see him being the same threat as Rory Mac because he has no take down threat and isn't as durable as Rory. ST gets rocked, he's been dropped, and he gets taken down (although he did have improved TDD against JH). WB does keep distance well and his path to victory is keeping the distance and not getting cut off within the first 3 rounds, if he can steal a round or two within the first 3 the fight will probably be his. But.. That's a lot of time to not get taken down or KTFO'd though.

My thoughts on it.
Idk if the takedown threat weighed heavily on tyron's mind before the Rory fight, but firas made a vid breaking down how Rory beat tyron, it was a great in depth vid. It stressed pressure & controlling the distance & it showed how Rory kept tyron uncomfortable against the cage without putting himself in too much danger. Most of it was striking based stuff he pointed out, & it makes me think wb can do the same shit. Keep the pressure on, use push kicks, block the big overhand right by turning his elbows out & what not. But who knows. Wb might come in with a completely different game plan or tyron may have plugged those holes. Either way this is a great fight.

Back