Tyron Woodley Told He Gets No Titleshot Guarantee with Win Over Edwards

Should Tyron get a titleshot if he beats Leon?

• Total voters
boy you got 50-45'd by the champ STFU about a rematch and earn it

All these babies want guaranteed title shots for having 1-fight win streaks. Fucking lame.
That's been the modus operandi for years. In some cases, former champs get immediate rematches or can return to receive a title fight.

I am more in favour of champions getting immediate rematches after crazy unexpected knockouts early in the fight. As is the case for Cody, Joanna etc. But when you get handled from start to finish like Woodley did, no sympathy. String a few wins together and earn your way back.

I think a win over Leon is enough. However I'm not surprised. Dude has been on the sideline forever and acts like a diva.
It depends how he wins for me. If he can finish Leon, or at least dominate, I think that deserves a TS

He offended me multiple times by acting like all white people are racists

Former champions not having to earn their ways back the legit way is one of the many easily fixable things that are destroying the UFC.

Fuck NO, he's been off more than a year at this point if he had taken a quicker turn around the first time maybe he'd deserve it but the division has moved on and top guys have earned shots. Wonderboy is comfortably ahead of him now and that's no ones fault but tyron's.

No, he was dominated by Usman and even though he says it about himself all the fucking time, Tyron is no the greatest ever not even top 10 WW of all time imo.

I would say NO, he doesn't get title shot. First, he got destroyed by Usman, it wasn't close. Second, he hasn't fought in a long time, he is nearly forgotten. Third, he isn't near the money maker Masvidal or McGregor would be in a title shot, and often, money talks. And finally, Dana thinks he is boring sometimes and plays it safe. Smart or not, the UFC loves guys that put it on the line. If he beats Edwards, maybe Covington would be next, then a title shot.

I think a win over Leon is enough. However I'm not surprised. Dude has been on the sideline forever and acts like a diva.
Duckley Cuckley will never get another title shot.

But that's okay, because Edwards is going to destroy him.

With McGregor back, nobody is getting a title shot.

I think he would deserve one if he gets a decisive win over Edwards.

When he was champ he shit on UFC about promotion and racism and shit so now you aint champ and have no leverage you think UFC aint gonna remember that?

I'm not saying he was wrong or shouldnt have said it or anything like that but some guys play ball with UFC like say Cowboy and maybe it isnt much but they'll be rewarded with things. Whether it be title shots or bonuses or first call goes to them when someone is hurt. But Tyron wasnt that guy. He also wasnt an exciting champ, there are other contenders like Masvidal and even Colby who went toe to to with Usman and fact Tyron got beat down for 5 rounds all factors into it. Also cant compare it to other people/div cause there are other things that play into it. Ronda was a star, she'll get a rematch when she came back. Other divs might not be deep or have a contender thats all that worthy at that moment.

He's gonna have a tougher road to another title shot unless UFC is in a pinch with injuries etc and he's only guy there.

If he goes out there and makes it look easy and finishes Edwards, then sure. Any other result, then no.

He defended the title more than max? And everyone thinks he deserves an immediate rematch?
Why would he not get one fire beating Leon?
What a joke organisation

that's what happens when you don't play nice with the ufc, on a p.r. level. once you're no longer winning, you have to settle with whatever is left. if you don't build up an image in which, "regular" fans want to see you, your leverage becomes limited. most people don't care about woodley, because he has nothing to excite fans with. and no, his music doesn't count lol.
Putting on a hood and mumbling some cringe 8th grade gangsta words isn’t music. We tried telling Woodley for years this was gonna happen and I actually liked him but he wanted to be an arrogant dick now he’s going broke and has to be a yes man to the ufc. Funny how life catches up

i dont want to see woodley fight for the belt with just a win over edwards after his last fight with usman. even if its a knock out win i wanna see him fight another top 3-5 fighter.

Yeah. If the Usman fight had been somewhat contentious, I'd be able to get behind him getting a rematch with a convincing victory over streaking Edwards when tou factor in Tyron's reign as champ.

However, considering Tyron's lack of willingness to play ball lately and the fact that he got dominated in the most humiliating fashion imaginable to lose his belt... I can't help but want him to fight Colby next for the title shot to be a guarantee.

There is Masvidal, Colby (who did much better than Tyron) and very likely Conor in front of him.

boy you got 50-45'd by the champ STFU about a rematch and earn it
50-45? You’re a generous judge. I hate usman and Woodley so unbiased opinion Usman absolutely dismantled him it was 50-44 at best Mabye even 50-43 with new rules T wood landed 1 right hand and 1 knee I rewatched it the other day he needs to stop whinging and just fight ffs his whinging is part of the reason he’s in this position going broke

Back