TYRON WOODLEY: "THE GSP FIGHT IS IN THE WORKS" [POLL ADDED]

WHO TAKES IT?

• Total voters
GSP by UD or late finish if Woodley gasses.

The GOAT returns! ...hopefully

GSP hasn't finished anyone since 2008 dude, what makes you think he'll finish Tyron?

T Wood puts GSP to sleep early.

Such fucking garbage he waits for Lawler to lose the belt to say he wants it back.

What happened to Bisping Georges?

Bisping rejected the fight.

Woodley is a harder match up than Robbie. Punches harder, better wrestler, younger.

I'd much rather see the Thompson fight. Wonderboy Thompson is so tricky puzzle, brought a kind of Machida phenomenom to the welterweight division, who's gonna solve it, that's going to be interesting to see.

However, always great to see GSP fight, he's the king, and stylistically, this match up favors him a lot. GSP is so great at understanding the range. If Georges is in shape and mentally there, I think he would just outwork Tyron.

GSP has been on a long lay off, and it's a mystery if he still has it, is he motivated and would he come in sharp in the fight? Tristar would definitely come up with a great strategy, we always see that in Georges' fights and we saw Rory's masterful work on Tyron.

Also, those nerves, rust, in addition to that first round explosiveness in speed, Tyron can surprise opponents darting inside until you find the riddum. For Georges though, he's just a master at understanding the range though so I don't think this would be of high probability. This is also why Wonderboy fight would be so interesting to see. Tyron is very beatable fighter.

The Tyron Salt wagon rolls on.

Gonna be a badass fight though, if GSP wins I think he is indisputable GOAT.

GSP never got the chance to face a hard hitting powerful guy like Tyron during his run. The closest thing would have been GSP facing Rumble or maybe Paul Daley, but Josh Koscheck took those guys to school. That's why everyone should always respect Kos, the dude never won the title, but he is a legend for sure.

Anyways, now GSP has the chance. I guess this will probably happen in MSG, but realistically GSP's return will do big numbers on its own so they could save this for UFC 206 or UFC 207 in December

Alves, Spratt, Hendricks...

Getting a kick out of the lack of class and self control Woodley is instilling in Sherdog. Want nothing to do with him? Don't post in threads about him, or watch his fights. Problem solved. You want to bitch about it though, like bitches.

I've heard a few fighters mention that to beat Woodley you must pressure him, and not let him use his speed coming in....... This will be the return of RUSH
sanford-and-son-group-laugh-o.gif

There hasn't been a Rush sighting since Serra KO'd him.

Yep, GSP handpicked this fight, no surprise of course.
Unless he fights Jacare GSP can't win.

Fights current WW champ - easy for GSP
Bisping - Easy and didn't want to fight Anderson
Anderson - wants to fight past it anderson
LW - GSP wants easy fight (even though GSP barely cut for fights and if he can make 155 it's no different to other fighters doing it).

GSP is the GOAT. He does what he wants on his terms!

How nice of GSP to steal a hard earned title shot from his friend Stephen Thompson as soon as a favourable match-up took out Lawler.

Stephen Wonderboy Thompson was never my friend - GSP

Nope... no he isn't. Hey Tyrone, GSP has been saying he's coming back for the last year and a half.

fuck that shit. this sport fucking sucks.

never before has a brand new champion rubbed the wrong way as tryone woodley has. fuck him. and fuck the ufc. fucking stupid ass money fight era. who the fuck is tyrone woodley to be calling for money fightsd?

I'm with you.

GSP comes back with a masterful performance to a decision.

GSP should just come back and take the fight. He could beat Woodley and he will make sooooo much money.

Unless he fights Jacare GSP can't win.

Fights current WW champ - easy for GSP
Bisping - Easy and didn't want to fight Anderson
Anderson - wants to fight past it anderson
LW - GSP wants easy fight (even though GSP barely cut for fights and if he can make 155 it's no different to other fighters doing it).

GSP is the GOAT. He does what he wants on his terms!

You saying GSP can or can't beat Jacare? Everything else I am in agreement with.

Highly doubt this fight happens. Does anyone wanna AV/sig bet me?
I bet Woodleys next fight isn't GSP

Back