TYRON WOODLEY size comparison to boxer who fights at 160

Twoods legs are huge. Boxers dont need big strong legs and when they do have the body of Tyron they call him Tyson. All in the hips and will send your head into orbit. Gas quicker tho...
Boxers don't need big strong legs?

lol wut

it's funny many lifters in general ignore training the glutes.
Levels to everything.

Lifters who know whats up emphasize squats, deadlifts and some glute training and have for quite a long time.

Generally speaking It's becoming more emphasized than ever before I feel as well.

The average gymgoer / lifter generally doesn't focus all too much on legs and booty In general tho. But It's the base and should be #1 on the list of priorities

Ok they need power lifter legs then.... happy?! Of course they dont need a stronger lower body compared to the upper. I shouldn't have to explain this to anyone.
Well, It's just the way you worded It makes it sound like leg strength, hamstrings, glutes, calves n all those sorts of things aren't Important.

IMO they're just as important. Even more so if were to include martial arts In the equation.

Well, It's just the way you worded It makes it sound like leg strength, hamstrings, glutes, calves n all those sorts of things aren't Important.

IMO they're just as important. Even more so if were to include martial arts In the equation.
Well I agree with what you said but taking into account body types as well. Boxers need great footwork obviously, its not a requirement to have huge Tyson/Tyron legs. In other sports you see more of it. Especially Wrestling and lifters. Look at Hector and Romero when they throw people. All in the hips, big thighs, booty and core. Centre of gravity. Not needed in Boxing but a Tyson that uses it when he gets inside is fucking deadly.

Look how small he is next to this 170 lb man.

231_Tyron_Woodley_and_Darren_Till.0.jpg

Before every Woodley fight there are threads about how small he is compared to his opponents.
In reality they are just taller than him, Woodley is 200 pounds of muscle.

^This, plus Jacobs is probably the biggest guy at 160. He's more of a natural SMW, which is almost a direct analogue to WW in MMA.

a pencil legged boxer is taller than an explosive wrestler at the same weight? The more you know!

Tyron is thicker, but Jacobs is HUGE for 160.

Wouldn't surprise me if he walks around near 200

this is 100% true. power comes from the legs. stronger legs and especially core helps you punch harder.

92% of Woodleys body weight is in his ass and thighs area

Boxers tend to have toothpicks for legs

Classic Sherdog failing with size comparisons. People will never stop getting it wrong and it will always be funny.

Back