Tyron Woodley says Kaepernick is the new Muhammad Ali: "When Ali died, I think Kaep took the torch"

Status
Not open for further replies.

20falarVerdades

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

UFC champ Tyron Woodley says he LOVES that Nike signed Colin Kaepernick -- because it's inspiring and brave ... and he strongly believes the QB is continuing the legacy of Muhammad Ali.

"When Muhammad Ali died, I think [Kaepernick] took the torch."

Tyron says Kaep could have easily taken his NFL money and shut up somewhere -- ignoring the glaring issues when it comes to police brutality against minorities ... but he did the courageous thing and spoke out.
... just like Ali.

Thoughts?

it's a great ad. too bad the biggest detractors will go out of their way to never see it.

meanwhile, while 99% of America "took a side", offended veteran Nate Boyer met with Colin, they talked it out, listened to each others points of views and found a compromise that they could both live with.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...in-kaepernick-to-go-from-sitting-to-kneeling/

that's how things used to get done, and i applaud them both.

Last edited:
Kaepernick was a shitty qb who was declining before the kneeling incident, he didn't sacrifice shit.

It's almost as if people fought and died to defend every American's right to peaceful protest.

Oh wait, no, I forgot they fought and died for a piece of cloth and a song, not for what those things represent.

Go Till. Be the Smokin' Joe Frazier that beat Ali (first fight) and his grandstanding. For the record, neither Frazier, George Foreman (a U.S. flag-carrying Olympian) or ex-Marine Ken Norton like Ali's political primadonna stuff.

"When Muhammad Ali died, I think [Kaepernick] took the torch."

giphy.gif

Kap had nothing to lose. A backup QB who no one was talking about, and probably had 2 or 3 years left in the league. His post football career has been better for him than his actual football career. Ali was the champ, the most popular athlete in the world. He went to jail because of what he did.Had to give up his belt, his identity, and his freedom.

I honestly didn't know Kaep was half black until the protest incident. I always thought he was Paki/Indian or hispanic. He doesn't look black at all.

Kaepernick is too effeminate looking to be marketable in this sense.

At least have someone tough looking like Woodley to be that sort of character in sports.

The problem is Woodley has a Mike Tyson level soft voice and soft mannerisms; with none of the badboy antics to be a badboy character.

Kaepernick and the Pink Panther.

images

Backstreets back alright.

Ali was articulate and had a belief system. Kaepernick doesn’t do interviews because he can’t actually explain what he was trying to accomplish.

I'm a 49ere fan. Trust me, Kap is an attention whore. I dont doubt that he rrally is for all of this shit that he's doing but dont think there isnt a 2nd agenda at play here.

I don't think much of Ali as a person, but he was a great boxer. A lot of people don't know he spent his entire suspension trying to cut a deal with the government to serve and get his license back and they refused. He never would have refused if he had known. Take the NFL money and shut up? That's the whole point. Kaepernick sucks and couldn't hack it in the NFL, so he then turned to activism due to the influence of his Islamist girlfriend. Was offered the chance to come back and refused and lied about it to pretend he had been blackballed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back