Tyron Woodley Says Fans Are Demanding Rematch with Usman

What's your position?

• Total voters
Pretty sure only people who hate Woodley are pushing for a rematch. Woodley's perpetually hurt, old, and got totally dominated by Usman. Only a sadist would want to run that back.

Jarl

Those same fans are demanding Wood Wonderboy 3 n Wood Maia 2

he sat out 1.5 years to get his crack at robbie, and even then he only had that split decision of kelvin as his last win and was on like a 2 fight win streak. the guy got gifted a title shot compared to what guys are going through now

colby is like 9-1 in the division, usman had to win 8 or 9 in a row before getting his shot. woodley got dominated bell to bell, and on top of that he wasn't a popular champion by any means. no chance in hell this is happening. go and earn it just like you were telling everyone else when you had the gold

I’m pretty ambivalent about woodley but I think he should have to fight another contender to earn a title shot, he had a really good run but I’m not a fan of champs getting an immediate rematch unless the fight was super close.

Usman won comfortably over 5 rounds. I get Stipe/DC type rematches, anyone can get KO'd. However, when you are totally outclassed to a decision, i dont think you have any case for a rematch. Even if Woodley goes on a win-streak, i will still be hesitant for him to rematch Usman.

He is wrong, he might be talking about the die hard fans that interact with him in his live chats.
Woodley did nothing, got out worked and manhandled for 5 rounds.
He needs stop rapping and fight RDA vs Edwards winner.

Woodley is right - he deserves a rematch. He gave one to wonderboy and he took out the best the UFC had to offer, all while the UFC was cherry picking rangier strikers who they believed had the stylistic advantage over Woodley.

He probably won't get one b/c the Dana does not want Woodley as champion.

Woodley had to give a rematch to Wonderboy because he failed to defeat him in their first fight. Usman did not fail to defeat Woodley. And you think Maia is a rangy striker? I hope for your sake you are trolling me.

I wanna see him get his ass beat again but not in a rematch for the title straight away.

Go win a fight Tyron.

And I think the only fan telling him that is his mom.

Woodley is right - he deserves a rematch. He gave one to wonderboy and he took out the best the UFC had to offer, all while the UFC was cherry picking rangier strikers who they believed had the stylistic advantage over Woodley.

I agree

What Are You Talking About, Willis Tyron?

With the chaos that is the UFC’s welterweight division, former champion Tyron Woodley seems to have a solution.

“The Chosen One” had his over two-year title reign come to an end at UFC 235 when he lost a unanimous decision to Kamaru Usman. We haven’t heard much from Woodley following his first defeat since 2014. Woodley was scheduled to face Robbie Lawler in the main event of UFC Minneapolis last month, but the 37-year-old was forced to withdraw from the bout with a hand injury.

Following Jorge Masvidal’s incredible knockout win over Ben Askren at UFC 239 and the recent UFC Newark main event being announced between Colby Covington and Robbie Lawler, Tyron Woodley believes that his championship resume speaks for itself to earn him a rematch with Usman — who is dealing with an injury of his own — while the rest of the division can, essentially, continue to sort itself out.

“I think it’s so weird right now. Colby fighting Robbie is weird — even me fighting Robbie again was kind of weird,” Woodley told ESPN on the red carpet prior to Wednesday night’s ESPY Awards. “I think me and Usman should run it back.

“I think the fact that he’s injured, the fact that people are getting tired of Colby sitting around – he hasn’t fought since June of last year and he’s trying to call his shots from a s**t camera phone, I think it’s real important that people get a moment to sit back and think: Tyron beat all the best welterweights, in their prime, the number one contenders, defended his title four times, took out Robbie Lawler in a fraction of a second — which is historical — and he loses a fight, has a bad night.

“I think if anybody else Joanna (Jedrzejczyk), Cody Garbrandt, Ronda Rousey, Holly Holm, anybody else, you see them in the title picture really quickly, so . . . The fans are kind speaking for me though.”

After capturing the title from Robbie Lawler at UFC 201 in June 2016, Tyron Woodley successfully defended the 170-pound strap against Stephen Thompson on two different occasions, Demian Maia and Darren Till. Woodley says he is healing up during his down time, is ready to get his chance at redemption.

“Health is doing well, hand is doing well, healing it up, training hard. I was training right before I came here so, all in all, I’m ready to get back after it, ready to get that belt back.”

-BJPenn.com

He's delusional. Usman will have his hands full with injuries and legit contenders when he comes back. Woodley can rematch Robbie in the meantime, lmao.

I want to see Tyrone spit hot fire on the Mic, not fight.

Nah fam go avenge your fallen comrade Askren. Usman probably injured for another 6 months. Woodley needs to take a fight.

Demand the Masival fight!
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

JollyPreciousBassethound-small.gif
Haha, never seen that GIF before, Backdraft was a fucking great movie!

Yep, I remember that's what everyone was saying leading up to the Maia fight.

It was like "WTF, why are they giving another rangy striker a title shot, it's obvious Dana is doing this cause he things thats the best style to beat him so he can get him away from that belt".

tyron doesnt deserve a rematch i disliek both guys but i dislike marty more tyron doesnt deserve it cause he didnt come to fight in it when things didnt go hsi way eh legit sat back ad coasted had no heart if he lost a close fight or got koed early on sure lets see how that runs back but nah tyron shouldnt get it

give tyron george mas so eh can ko him with his 1 piece

I haven't even seen the first fight lol. I'm a die hard fan and I couldn't even be bothered to watch him lose as a champion for free the next day. Hes delusional.

Trolling surely? Otherwise you’re being obtuse. Wonderboy got a rematch because the first fight was scored a draw. Woodley on the other hand got buried by Usman.

“I think if anybody else Joanna (Jedrzejczyk), Cody Garbrandt, Ronda Rousey, Holly Holm, anybody else, you see them in the title picture really quickly, so . . . The fans are kind speaking for me though.”

I actually took that to mean the opposite. Sarcasm / saying the fans haven't come to his cause. Then it makes sense... looking quite dickish yet not abusrd, which is what it is if he's serious.

Back