Tyron Woodley Says Fans Are Demanding Rematch with Usman

What's your position?

• Total voters
Enough immediate rematches.

Prove urself first by atleast beating a top 2-5 ww in the ufc

I want to see each of them fight somebody else first. That first one was not something I wanna see again. That was one of the only ppvs I actually got here recently.

posting only to say that I really hate the phrase "run it back"

If he got flash KO'd then sure, but losing a lopsided and boring decision is the worst way to go out. It shows he either had ZERO answers/no game plan, or simply matches up so poorly he can't win. A loss like that should require at least 1-2 good wins for another shot.

Yeah, nobody outside his circle wants that.

There's no need for an immediate rematch when a fight was that one-sided. Woodley had 25 minutes in that cage and Usman pitched a complete shutout. All three judges scored all five rounds for Usman with two of the judges scoring a 10-8 round among them. Woodley got absolutely dominated. He needs at least one decisive win over a top contender to put himself in the conversation for a rematch.

I like Woodley but come on. You were dominated. You need to win a couple fights first. At least one.

I don’t think Woodley ever gets the belt back.

I am not a Tyron fan and don't think he should get the rematch

What fans? Mama Woodley doesn't count Tyron!

“I think if anybody else Joanna (Jedrzejczyk), Cody Garbrandt, Ronda Rousey, Holly Holm, anybody else, you see them in the title picture really quickly, so . . . The fans are kind speaking for me though.”

This is exactly why I don't want to see this. Constantly whining about how everyone else gets what he doesn't - we had to put up with that for his entire title reign. I just can't stand the "you have to respect me" bullshit.

Boo. Boo boo boo. Boo. Boo boo boo. Boo me to the beat y'all.

Woodley is going to be too busy touring with his music career.

I like Tyrone and do not think he should get the rematch, I'm sick of title rematches. They should only be reserved for super long reigning champions or controversial endings/decisions. Usman dominated him, he did nothing in the fight to warrant a rematch. I don't know who Woodley should fight next, he's in a tough spot.

He's already beaten Till, Wonderboy, Maia and he won't fight Askren. If Colby beats Lawler he's probably earned his title shot and I think he should considering he had the interim belt, I guess Masvidal makes most sense...he can avenge his teammates loss.

So Woodley and Usman are both injured unless they are fighting eachother.

Neither guys injury is that serious they are both posturing with there "injuries"

Jorge vs Kamaru on November and Tyron vs the winner of Colby / Lawler on some fight night in December.

The winner of RDA vs Edwards gets the loser of Kamaru vs Jorge, Ben gets Ponzi next year or in December.

This quote right here really blows my mind

Colby doesn't deserve a shot because he hasn't fought and he is injured

Meanwhile, Woodley deserves a title shot because.....................he hasn't fought and is injured..........................

I had to re-read that shite. “people are getting tired of Colby sitting around”

Then why aren’t u calling him out? He did all the leg work in setting up a big fight, and is currently closer to the title than u. And you’ve been sitting around. The fuck?

God he stinks

Due to the nature of the loss I would like to see him win a fight before he takes on Usman again. If he has a dominant win where he looks really good he can spin the first loss as "I wasn't my self" etc and at least build a little hype for a rematch. If the 2 guys just take a year off from that one-sided ass-whooping and do it again that doesn't really excite me. Would rather see Colby vs Marty if he beats Robbie. The money fight for Tyron right now would be Masvidal. But I don't know what timeframe exactly Woodley is supposed to be coming back so who knows how that would work out.

Fans, like who? His mother? PFFT.

He took a grapplefucking for 25 minutes, everyone forgot his name by the end of round 3.

The first Woodley - Wonderboy fight was a draw. So don’t say he gave him a rematch. They had to do that.

There are way too many fights for Usman fans want over another rematch with Woodley. You have contenders that deserve a shot at the championship.

Contenders? Plural?

Come on now. Aside from Colby, who actually has a record deserving of a title shot? As much as I am a fan of game bred. He's got 2 consecutive wins. And since Colby already has a dance partner, Tyron vs Usman is fine with me.

If Tyron loses a 2nd time he'll get the official gatekeeper status.

I'm a fan, but his fight wasn't competitive. He doesn't really deserve a rematch.

Prove you still want it and if you're championship material, going through one contender in impressive fashion shouldn't be an issue.

Back