Tyron Woodley responds to Dana mocking the degree of "he wont fight because his thumb hurts"

Dana has been walking this fine line for quite some time.

He has to, with one hand, devalue his fighters to have negotiation leverage, and with the other hand claim they have the best talent in the world.

It's a fun watch
I agree with the sentiment, but it isn't a fine line whatsoever.

Dana's not a fan of any champ who can't sell PPVs and Woddley's whopping 130K last time are MM numbers.

Why is anyone shocked that his hand injury was more than minor? His punches are like bullet trains, lot of blow back with that kind of speed and force. Fedor had the same problem for a part of his career cause of how much he put into his punches, especially his overhand right.

Last edited:
Somehow this thread will become about race

Harley says thank you.

harley-race.jpg

Dana is coming off really bad here, as the promoter your job is to promote your fighters, especially your champions.

He is allowing his personal feelings to create a grudge against Woodley, and his ego is getting the better of him here.
All promoters do it though. In boxing you see it alot that they got a guy holdin a belt who isnt exciting,doesnt send the fans home happy,but is too good to lose. The promoter hates them

This is part the subtle racism that Woodley is talking about from the UFC.

The UFC was trying to fix that fight for a win for Till but justice prevailed when Woodley destroyed the UK next great white hope in Darren Till.

Further proof is when Dana WHITE ducked the press conference afterwards and now is instead of promoting their WW champion, Dana WHITE is now just insulting him for having an injury.

Dana White is angry at Tyron Woodley for refusing to conform to a racist stereotype, like that of the "thug" or the over the top arrogant "baller" just to sell fights but instead just fighting the good fight and speaking out against racism in MMA which the UFC hates since they need racial stereotypes to sell fights.

Not only does Tyron have to deal with racism, he also has to deal with the gaslighting technique, of being accused of being 'the real racist,' for bringing up the fact that he is being subjected to it. The UFC and the majority of the people in the MMA community know what they're doing, and they are pathetic cowards.

Ever since Dana started openly dissing Woodley, I started rooting for him. It was hilarious to watch Dana White's face after Woodley beat Darren Till and I hope to keep on witnessing those moments. War T-Wood, from a hater to a fan.

I'm probably Askren's biggest fanboy on this forum and I don't think he can beat Woodley. Terrible matchup.
I'd favor Woodley over all three, but any of them would be fun. Woodley has been forced to sopve a lot of different fighting style riddles and all three of them would present him a new one.

I don't think you are biggest Askren fanboy if you think that.

Looks like Woodley got a bunch of other shit he can do while being champ.

Woodley/Colby is the fight to make, Colby earned it and Woodley wants it. Let them both heal while promoting the shit out of it, it'll sell well I feel.

Pre-USADA Hendricks would wipe the floor with Woodley.

Woodley will lose to Colby, Usman and Askren. No worries.
He's gonna bitch slap Colby. He's got the stylistic advantage against Usman and Askren won't fight him.

I don't think you are biggest Askren fanboy if you think that.

Its just a terrible fight for Ben. Part of what makes Ben so great is his wrestling is both high level and unconventional. So the Darren Till's, Condit's and such of the world have no chance of learning it in a short period of time. They just learn basically sprawls and keeping distance with strikes.

Woodley has practiced with Askren for damn near a decade, so his "funk" won't be something that catches him off guard or confuses him. Also in the wrestling world, the more you practice with the same person the harder it is for most to generate offense. Which means there is a good chance the fight stays on its feet. No one is taking Askren's standup over Woodley's.

Anyone else though? Askren will lay on them as long as he damn well pleases.

Are you surprised that Dana doesn't like real fighters? He'd rather have a roster of Prima Donna Conors who make him money by being loud and obnoxious.

As for Woodley and for all fighters, I don't blame them for wanting to heal up. Especially when you injure something as important as your hand. You know, one of your main tools for smashing someone's face in?

This isn't a nipple injury or some shit like Dana makes it out to be. If Tyron can't grasp or punch someone with his dominant hand, he's not going to be very effective in his fight... But Dana knows best, right? Given that he's a fighter and all...

Its just a terrible fight for Ben. Part of what makes Ben so great is his wrestling is both high level and unconventional. So the Darren Till's, Condit's and such of the world have no chance of learning it in a short period of time. They just learn basically sprawls and keeping distance with strikes.

Woodley has practiced with Askren for damn near a decade, so his "funk" won't be something that catches him off guard or confuses him. Also in the wrestling world, the more you practice with the same person the harder it is for most to generate offense. Which means there is a good chance the fight stays on its feet. No one is taking Askren's standup over Woodley's.

Anyone else though? Askren will lay on them as long as he damn well pleases.

Like I said, I don't think you are his biggest fan boy. Always, almost all the time, people say that, and then go on to say how they'd lose to this guy, or he's lacking in that regard, and so on.

Also, that doesn't mean Askren wouldn't smash him. Just because you train with someone, doesn't mean you'd be able to beat him. Then, there wouldn't be so many sparring partners of world champions in wrestling, boxing, MMA, because then they would be able to beat them in real matches or hold their own. But they don't. It sounds like you just repeating what Cormier said about Cain.

He's gonna bitch slap Colby. He's got the stylistic advantage against Usman and Askren won't fight him.

Oh okay, cuz Woodley is such a great striker *rollseyes*

He's fast, accurate and ridiculously powerful. He's much, much better than the three fighters you listed and we both know it.

Back