Tyron Woodley pissed fans are telling him who to fight next!

He's in the entertainment business, you don't tell fans what to say or think. I bet Chael Sonnen is facepalming his forehead blue somewhere.

Sponsors don't care about "ducking". They care about money. They will gladly line up to put in money on any big UFC event. And fans, casual to hardcore alike will pay for big events.
Who is the "rightful" contender is a totally different conversation. When it comes down to it, everyone just wants to see a good fight with big names. How does Floyd Mayweather always get people to buy his fights, despite his "boring" style? People hate him and he has a name.
More people, BY FAR, are going to pay to see GSP or Diaz return than they would see Wonderboy~who deserves it more has nothing to do with it.
You don't think companies care about the reputation on the people they're sponsoring?

This could be a good sponsor.
1270551021-48685200.jpg

You don't think companies care about the reputation on the people they're sponsoring?

This could be a good sponsor.
1270551021-48685200.jpg
His reputation! ? Who did Tyron rape or murder? This notion that Tyron is a coward is a fiction that you and others have made up in your heads. It's not based in reality. It's one dumb opinion in a sea of dumb opinions.
Detoxify your system, dude. The salt build up is fucking up your thinking. You haters are speaking nonsense.

Again, Mayweather sells hugely and he's not an exciting fighter, not very eloquent, has been linked to domestic abuse and is an all around ass, and yet there would be no shortage of sponsors that would gladly support anything he was part of, and boxing fans still buy his fights.

I've backed up Tyron before, but doesn't he realise this isn't any other job. This is the entertainment business! So fans have a right to ask for what they want.

You can't blame the guy for wanting to make some money, but its a slippery slope we're on when the champs get to decide they just don't fancy fighting the number 1 contender.
The last thing we want is to turn this into boxing

If you finally won the title - would you rather lose it to Wonderboy and get a decent payday? Or lose it to GSP and have a HUGE payday?

I can't blame him - but he's being a real douche about it.

GSP has more title defenses than Wonderboy has wins in the UFC.

Wonderwoman comes second to GSP. T-Wood is going to earn millions more fighting GSP than Wonderboy. I don't expect peasants like you to understand that money is everything.

Pretty much

Woodley said:
You can say what you like but I'm the undisputed UFC champion of the world. Deal with it cause I'm not going anywhere anytime soon

Very true T-Wood, especially if we have to wait another 18 months for a fight.

GSP has more title defenses than Wonderboy has wins in the UFC.

Wonderwoman comes second to GSP. T-Wood is going to earn millions more fighting GSP than Wonderboy. I don't expect peasants like you to understand that money is everything.
Lmao

Him wanting to fight GSP is respectable. It achieves both goals of making money and fighting the best. Anyone besides GSP or Wonderboy and it's a goddamn joke. I think he has a better chance at beating GSP than beating Wonderboy and I'm sure he does too. Can you imagine the amount of butt hurt if Tyron KOs Robbie and then GSP. BWHAHAHAHA

If Wonderboy starts talking trash and calls Woodley out on ducking him maybe that could be a money fight. But I don't think his southern politeness will let him do that.

Woodley needs to get it through his head that he is not a draw. Like at all.
He realizes that. That's why he wants to fight the ones who will bring the fans and thus the payday. He would say it but if had to an L on his record he would rather it be from GSP than anyone else. I'm sure he feels he has as good of a chance beating a GSP who has been away now than he ever would. He wins and his name is elevated for having defeated GSP.

Welcome to the big show. Get used to it or hand over the hardware.

I've defended Woodley, but this rant has him sounding whiney and irrational. His arguments make no sense. When you're the champ, everyone has an opinion who you should fight next. It comes with the territory.

Back