Tyron Woodley on Nick Diaz "I think I'm the Worst Matchup on Earth for Nick Diaz.....Literally"

what-wut

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score

I think Woodley has a chip on his shoulder because Nick was the strikeforce champ when Woodley was coming up. He even told Ariel that he's been wanting to fight him for a long time. Old video by the way.

He's correct. Wrestlers are Diaz bros krytonite and woodley is an exceptional wrestler and would tie nick in a knot all night. As long as Woodley doesnt think he's Ali easy money.

One does not simply call out nick diaz

He's correct. Wrestlers are Diaz bros krytonite and woodley is an exceptional wrestler and would tie nick in a knot all night. As long as Woodley doesnt think he's Ali easy money.
I don't think Woodley has the cardio to do that for 5 rounds though.

He already fought his worst matchup and was thoroughly dominated.

Diaz has a shot against a guy with a shitty gas tank.

I'm not so sure. It's a five round fight where Nick has a height and reach advantage. Also Nick stuffed a few of GSP's takedowns. I think Nick can take over in the later stages. If it was a three rounder I would pick Woodley for sure but 5 rounds is a different story.

I don't think Woodley has the cardio to do that for 5 rounds though.
Don't listen to him. He's going around spewing that the Diaz brothers get killed by wrestlers when the only guy I can think of off hand is GSP.

Nick Diaz will beat him into a barely conscious pulp by the third or fourth round.

Diazes bless

Well Tyron, that's exactly why it's a bitch move for you to choose that fight

'Literally' ? I don't think there is a figurative meaning for that expression anyway....

Hate it when people over use that word

T-woods gonna have to do better than that to convince Nick to make him famous

i'm the worst matchup for this guy.
we should fight immediately.

bravery in mma.

I don´t understand how can people pick Diaz simply because of his history.... really, Woodley just KOed one of the biggest warriors in the UFC and people think Nick is just gonna come back from a semi retirement after a looooooong period off and take on the hardest hitter in the division? No way, Woodley would do the same he did to Lawler, but probably faster as Nick is much more hittable. By the way, on the Woodley vs Lawler fight, you can´t wait around more than 2 minutes without doing anything like Lawler did, he became an easy target, he should have attacked as he always does, just to keep Woodley thinking and worrying about getting hit too... but it seemed he came in more worried about not getting hit than doing his thing.... "one often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it" Master Oogway. Feel sorry for Lawler lost his reign without even throwing a punch. In a scale of 1 to 10, I´d give 9 to Woodley´s KO.

Last edited:
By tie in a lnot you mean, hold down and stall, with minimal effort to improve position, no sub attempts and pitty pata strikes then I agree

'Literally' ? I don't think there is a figurative meaning for that expression anyway....

Hate it when people over use that word
Me too! I remember a politician saying 'I literally fell off my chair when I heard the news' I doubt that very much

It's obvious what Woodley is doing in terms of using the belt to get a big money fight, but does he really think that getting on to 202 is possible? Diaz won't fight on the same card as jr. GSP, who knows what's going on with him and the card for 202 is filled up, I think.

He might be the Champion now, but I don't think he has the pull to pick fights like that.

Back