Tyron Woodley -- Nick Diaz has low IQ

I abhor your use of the word ignorant, I relished when it just meant you didn't know something :(. There are people who have gone through far worse than what I imagine nick has been through and can talk clearly and concisely, being bullied, gang violence etc is not exactly rare, nice positive take on the situation though.The only time I hear nick talk like he's not picking his words off the ground and effectively dropping half of them is when he's with people he's comfortable around, shame those are not many people. I wonder if you'd have this opinion of nick diaz being yoda if he was just some random guy you know who wasn't a great fighter:rolleyes:

There's always someone who's been through something worse, that is a vacuous statement. You could have been abused in various manners 17 different people, watched everyone you love be killed in front of you, have had cancer, moved 20 billion times, lost an eye and a leg, been drowned to death and brought back to life, and someone would still have had it worse.

You made a really dumb (note: I'm not calling you dumb), disrespectful black-and-white statement that is clearly false. That more than meets the criteria for ignorance. Abhor all you want, it doesn't make you right nor make you sound any more intelligent because you used the word "abhor" and want to nitpick over semantics.

Everyone is different and deals with their circumstances differently. Nick bitches a lot but he's also respected in his sport and spoken highly of by the people around him.

I don't think Nick is some sage, this is you injecting your own perspective. I merely think he's more intelligent and perceptive than he often gets credit for. You disagreed that he has low IQ so I don't see the rift here.

I don't know what I'd think of Nick if I didn't know him through media. It'd depend how I met him and how he acted... obviously.

One of the best cases of the pot calling the kettle black I've seen in my years

Woodley saying Nick Diaz has low intelligence is like Ronda saying Cyborg has mental stability problems

One of the best cases of the pot calling the kettle black I've seen in my years

Woodley saying Nick Diaz has low intelligence is like Ronda saying Cyborg has mental stability problems

Yes, because comparing a man with a degree in business and currently working on his masters to another man who's academic achievements is a high school diploma is a direct correlation to your statement of "pot calling the kettle black".

200.gif
What does this gif prove

Yes, because comparing a man with a degree in business and currently working on his masters to another man who's academic achievements is a high school diploma is a direct correlation to your statement of "pot calling the kettle black".

Academics are an overrated measurement of intelligence. It probably explains Tyron's entitled personality, though.

Academics are an overrated measurement of intelligence. It probably explains Tyron's entitled personality, though.

Now I give up. The guy I quoted basically put Diaz and Woodley on a level playing field as far as IQ goes. If you can not see the IQ disparity in those two, even with academic achievements listed, I give up.

He's clearly trying to manufacture beef.

Now I give up. The guy I quoted basically put Diaz and Woodley on a level playing field as far as IQ goes. If you can not see the IQ disparity in those two, even with academic achievements listed, I give up.

And like I just said, academic achievements are shit when it comes to mesuring overall intellect. Beyond that, I couldn't give a shit who has the higher overall intellect, this isn't academics, son. It's a fight inside the octagon.

There's always someone who's been through something worse, that is a vacuous statement. You could have been abused in various manners 17 different people, watched everyone you love be killed in front of you, have had cancer, moved 20 billion times, lost an eye and a leg, been drowned to death and brought back to life, and someone would still have had it worse.

You made a really dumb (note: I'm not calling you dumb), disrespectful black-and-white statement that is clearly false. That more than meets the criteria for ignorance. Abhor all you want, it doesn't make you right nor make you sound any more intelligent because you used the word "abhor" and want to nitpick over semantics.

Everyone is different and deals with their circumstances differently. Nick bitches a lot but he's also respected in his sport and spoken highly of by the people around him.

I don't think Nick is some sage, this is you injecting your own perspective. I merely think he's more intelligent and perceptive than he often gets credit for. You disagreed that he has low IQ so I don't see the rift here.

I don't know what I'd think of Nick if I didn't know him through media. It'd depend how I met him and how he acted... obviously.

I don't use words to impress anyone or to "sound more intelligent" that's just how I talk. What was this black and white statement I made exactly? Was it the teenage girl thing? I never said that was the only reason for anxiety, I was merely being facetious and even if I wasn't I hardly find that a "dumb" thing to say because it occurs all the time. If it was the statement on nick not having the worse thing in the world, I was merely saying(perhaps I should've said it literally) that it's not an excuse to behaving as he does linguistically and is likely because of something else.

I don't think nick is on the lower end of the "IQ", but I certainly don't think he's particularly intelligent either and I haven't come to this conclusion because he often struggles to make coherent sentences.
Text is such a limited form of expression, I would almost think you're projecting genuine dislike for me as if I've wronged you:confused:.

I don't use words to impress anyone or to "sound more intelligent" that's just how I talk. What was this black and white statement I made exactly? Was it the teenage girl thing? I never said that was the only reason for anxiety, I was merely being facetious and even if I wasn't I hardly find that a "dumb" thing to say because it occurs all the time. If it was the statement on nick not having the worse thing in the world, I was merely saying(perhaps I should've said it literally) that it's not an excuse to behaving as he does linguistically and is likely because of something else.

I don't think nick is on the lower end of the "IQ", but I certainly don't think he's particularly intelligent either and I haven't come to this conclusion because he often struggles to make coherent sentences.
Text is such a limited form of expression, I would almost think you're projecting genuine dislike for me as if I've wronged you:confused:.

I've nothing against you but the teenage girl comment wasn't funny and at least to me didn't come off like a joke. It seems like an ignorant comment that you're trying to backtrack on.

As far as the statement about people having it worse, yeah, many do, that doesn't mean anything though. That was my point. I think Nick's poverty, shitty circumstances, and lack of formal education absolutely contribute to him "behaving as he does linguistically" and otherwise. I think it should be obvious why.

Plenty of people attempt to use certain words, nitpick grammar, etc to try and sound more intelligent and / or divert the discussion away from a point being raised. Maybe that's you, maybe not. Having talked to you a little bit I now lean toward not, but I've caught plenty of people doing that before.

Like I said, I'm not calling him Einstein or anything just saying that social anxiety isn't black-and-white and and he's more perceptive than he gets credit for.

They have odd personality quirks that might be low level autism, not to mention a DGAF hood/stoner attitude

These things make people think they're "unintelligent"

But intelligence is a complicated thing, and when you understand what the Diaz bros are really saying when they speak, a lot of it is very profound and insightful. Way more so than most other MMA fighters. People who call them unintelligent are just taking a superficial look at them and don't know what the fuck they're talking about
Stop it. I've listened to them countless times and it's not profound or insightful whatsoever. They're both unintelligent people overall. It seems like any intelligence they might have had in other areas is instead focused on one thing; fighting. Take someone like Rory, who seems to be smart in multiple different ways, fighting being just one of them; the Diaz brothers, however, are really only intelligent when it comes to fighting, and that's it. It's almost obsessive, as if, instead of being good at many different things, it's all focused on one thing.

Not to be a Sherdog armchair psychologist or anything, but I don't think I'm saying anything controversial or groundbreaking; it seems quite obvious that the Diaz brothers have some sort of mental disorder, possibly savant syndrome, and are only capable of focusing on one thing in life, and that's fighting. Even though their overall brainpower is quite limited, it's all concentrated in one area which is why they're so good at it. It's reminiscent of a savant, who lacks any sort of intelligence outside of the one thing that they are incredibly good at.

I am going to put it as blunt as I can, I could care less who I offend.

If the Diaz brothers had anything of an IQ that spans outside of fighting, they would not be crying poverty or still be living in the hood and driving a "crappy Honda" as one of them claimed to be. The fact that they are still living and doing the same thing they have done for the last 10 years despite making cash from tons of fights directly shows their low IQ. I doubt that Woodley will end up in the same position. I see Woodley living the Koscheck life very soon. Private Jet and all. Guy has his shit together. Only thing that bothers me is the entitled attitude and his support for the BLM movement.

I'd rather listen to a Nick Diaz rambling stream of consciousness interview any day than a Tyron Woodley #BlackLivesMatter obnoxiousMuhammad Ali quoting interview.

I have theorized in the past that Nick has Asperger's but I don't mean that in an insulting way. On the contrary as someone with Asperger's myself I look up to him all the more.

LOL @ BLM Muhammad Ali quoting interview......Fox nexs Much? Making Murica great again

I am going to put it as blunt as I can, I could care less who I offend.

If the Diaz brothers had anything of an IQ that spans outside of fighting, they would not be crying poverty or still be living in the hood and driving a "crappy Honda" as one of them claimed to be. The fact that they are still living and doing the same thing they have done for the last 10 years despite making cash from tons of fights directly shows their low IQ. I doubt that Woodley will end up in the same position. I see Woodley living the Koscheck life very soon. Private Jet and all. Guy has his shit together. Only thing that bothers me is the entitled attitude and his support for the BLM movement.

Why would his BLM support bother you? The Diaz brothers are fine, they run gyms and train decathalons. They just have little patience for pretention and geeky MMA "journalist" questioning them on fighting. Most fighters in the UFC are under paid. Where The fuck are you getting private jet lifestyle from? I doubt even GSP is about that life.

For a non-plastic belt, eh?

Back