Tyron Woodley lacks self-promotion flair

Psychedelic

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Tyron wants to be a beloved PPV star deserving of money fights, but he simply lacks the promotional IQ to market his fights and make himself compelling to the fans. He doesn't have to pretend his anything he's not. Just play up his real rivalry with Dana, in a way that makes it compelling to the fans to tune in to the fights and root for him.

He had a golden opportunity to cut a promo following his dismantling of Darren Till, and what does he do when Joe Rogan interviews him ?

This:

Didn't call out anyone in particular, seemed bitter even in victory, and tried to market his upcoming rap album with ft. Wiz Khalifa.

I'm no groundhog expert, but if I was in Tyron's shoes, I would have grabbed that microphone from Joe Rogan, turned to Dana White, and said:

"First of all, I would like to dedicate this win to a true American hero. Colin Kapernick, this belt is for you brother !

And another thang ... *silence for 5 seconds*

Dana White ... I'm calling you out, and I will bet you one million dollars that I will destroy your son Colby Covington !"

*mic drop*

Your ideas are garbage ts. he just needed to say he wants to kick cobys ass thats it

Ive said it before and ill say it again. If tyron wants the PPV money he needs to slap on a big gold chain, speak profanity and act hood. At the end of the day its all theatre.

Its true a feud with Dana would improve his marketability but it would likely destroy his career and any legacy he might have long term.

Dana is not Vince and this isn’t the WWE.

Early stoppages, hard match ups, dodgy judging decisions, replays of knockouts etc. would ensue.

Plus any genuine feud with Vince that wasn’t a story would be very bad as well.

but why u talking about zis colin guy and colby being dana whites son dont make any sense

It's a fun storyline, and it's clearly working for Khabib. Woodley should take a hint, and get the fans to support him against another son of Daner "Dana" White.

The damndest thing is that it's not even a fake storyline. It's what actually happening.

Tyron wants to be a beloved PPV star deserving of money fights, but he simply lacks the promotional IQ to market his fights and make himself compelling to the fans. He doesn't have to pretend his anything he's not. Just play up his real rivalry with Dana, in a way that makes it compelling to the fans to tune in to the fights and root for him.

He had a golden opportunity to cut a promo following his dismantling of Darren Till, and what does he do when Joe Rogan interviews him ?

This:

Didn't call out anyone in particular, seemed bitter even in victory, and tried to market his upcoming rap album with ft. Wiz Khalifa.

I'm no groundhog expert, but if I was in Tyron's shoes, I would have grabbed that microphone from Joe Rogan, turned to Dana White, and said:

"First of all, I would like to dedicate this win to a true American hero. Colin Kapernick, this belt is for you brother !

And another thang ... *silence for 5 seconds*

Dana White ... I'm calling you out, and I will bet you one million dollars that I will destroy your son Colby Covington !"

*mic drop*

i like it. it could be the ufc's version of the old stone cold vs vince shit in the late 90s. imagine a ppv promo where tyron runs in during one of danas routine medical exams and shoves the scope up his ass like austin did back in the day.

I think he's tired of saying what's really on his mind and fans hating him. Whatever he says he gets tons of hate and Dana will nitpick and take offence. He just kept it classy.

He was getting the USA chants too, so maybe he felt that he'd just take the cheers and keep it moving?

None of this actually bothers me but TS has a point. He should have at the very least shit on Colby given we all know that's the fight to make.

As Uncle Chael says if you don't care about who you fight next, why should we? Woodley isn't alone - Most fighters are atrocious at promoting themselves.

Call Colby and that’s it, but he was pissed and it’s understandable

I actually like "just fight who they put in front of me" approach. He's the champ...doesn't need to call out anyone IMO

lol why would the champ call out anyone? he has already called for superfights and got ignore if all he is getting os contenders then they should be the ones trying to get that shot, the champ shouldn't do their job for them.

Woodley will never be marketable because his personality is that of just a normal person.

if he wants to be marketable he needs to do that Bob Sapp/Rampage/Krazy Horse/Mike Perry persona, but he won't.

Woodley will never be marketable because his personality is that of just a normal person.

if he wants to be marketable he needs to do that Bob Sapp/Rampage/Krazy Horse/Mike Perry persona, but he won't.

Dropping people the way he has done will boost anyone’s marketability, problem is he’s interspersed it with really boring fights.

Maybe he should call out Conor McGregor. Who cares if McGregor will never accept this fight. It's all about promotion

Tyron has tried to self promote and people thinks it comes off as awkward

I actually agree with TS, playing the political angle with TW vs CC would fucking sell a little more PPV. Colby is already a walking stereotype of an “uneducated white man” and TW simply needs to chime in on social issues

Back