tyron woodley is going to become the GOAT

What? After what he just did to the guy that was pretty much on par with the champ? The scoring was close in all the fights but stylistically Till probably hurts Woodley bad.

”what he just did”. Lol. It was a light sparing match and most scored the fight for Thompson.

It's hard to value how much beating Till would be worth. We could easily see an Ngannou-effect if Till is dominated by Woodley, and then loses again.

I agree Woodley should be considered one of the greats but there are a lot of greats at WW.
His list of wins is quite impressive. Daley, Kos, Condit, Kim, Gastelum, Lawler, Wonderboy, Maia.
But there are so many other greats at WW I'm not sure how Woodley stacks up against Lawler, Rory, BJ, Hughes, Shields etc.

Remember that Woodley has only got 5 wins since he lost to Rory McDonald.
And he's only won 2 title fight defenses. (Compared to GSP's 9)

Remember how many other welterweights were on similar 5 fight win streaks. Lawler, Condit, Maia, Wonderboy...
It's too hard to judge a fighter's legacy while they're in the middle of a streak.

Last edited:
Woodley certainly deserves the benefit of the doubt in any theoretical match vs GSP after being ducked so hard.

What's the real reason for ducking woodley?
-hes similar age and also coming off surgeries
-hes holding that title that GSP built his legacy from
-he represents the best of this era in WW and could could give GSP greatest 'all time' status instead of just greatest during his time.

It's just a fight I'd love to see

”what he just did”. Lol. It was a light sparing match and most scored the fight for Thompson.
It was a very close fight and Till was impressive. I had bets on Wonderboy and wanted him to win but when it came to the decision I had no idea who was going to take it nor did many and felt he had landed the more damaging shots throughout. If its so easy to do to Wonderboy then why did he embarrass Rory McDonald, Masvidal, Hendricks etc.

Back