Tyron Woodley : I deserved to choose my next opponent.

He's boring and over rated. No one cares what he thinks

He's afraid to get hurt by WB...but just fought RUTHLESS Robbie Lawler. Think about that for a second , bro.
Im not saying hes scared of anything. What im saying is is that with the Reebok deals and not much room.to negotiate better pay, one of the few avenues that fighters have left is "money fights", which come when you either have a belt, or are a vet legend with a name. You'd be a fool to take 50K for a fight against WB when you could get 500K fighting GSP
dude you said it yourself "Considering that literal life and limb are on the line here...If im gonna be shaving off a few years of my life doing this sport"
wb is the most dangerous match-up for him and hes avoiding it at every cost
money fights dont come when you have a belt, what the fuck lol do u even watch the ufc? ronda, conor, brock they all created and became money fights themselves, tyrone is just a kid in a candy shop pointing at the biggest lollipop. hes a scared little duckling spitting in the face of the sport to earn money, and hes not even being honest about it, hes lying and making excuses and pretending like he has integrity when in reality he has none

i just wish he was honest u feel me then i could RESPEK it

Tyron, you should sit out until they give you what they want. Good for you, good for us. Then you can just fade away........................

The fuck...
A fluke? Robbie was caught slipping? Was there a banana peel in the octagon? Robbie had about 2 minutes of doing nothing before Woodley turned his lights out. That wasn't a fluke. Jesus Christ
The same way Dos Santos put Velasquez's lights out and was owned like a bitch in the next two fights?
Move along.

So..for all you ass clowns that hate on woodley, as i defended him ill say this...
Tyron, you JUST won the belt.
You sould NOT be choosing your opponents at ALL.
If u were aldo, like on a 10 year run, then hey, do what you like, but come on bro.you JUST sat down at the table..

The Reebok deal is bullshit. The top contenders being passed over for "money" fights is also bullshit. The UFC is to blame for both.

And the UFC is absolutely responsible for the matchmaking, not the fighters. The fighters can say who they want to fight, but it is the UFC who ultimately decides whether to actually book the fight or not.
I don't disagree that the UFC should be the ones to make matches. ..but that would be if they weren't acting like the parent that's on meth. Their decision making makes no sense. Considering how big of a change on a fighter's career and bank account becoming a champ is, it should be clear how one can get to that goal.

The rankings mean nothing. It's all about who is the most popular guy at the time. Condit deserved a rematch against Lawler, and Maia has a case for his own shot. If the UFC isn't going to play by any rules, why should the fighters? I'd like a structured system, but until we get one I don't blame a fighter one bit for doing what makes sense. If the fighters had the power that they should then this stuff wouldn't happen.

giphy.gif

doesn't sound far from it.

Well then you need your hearing checked.

a) GSP has to actually be in the UFC roster to challenge for the title.
b) Until it's official it remains to be seen if Tyron actually called his shot like Conor.
c) GSP has been 'in talks' since February.

I don't blame champions for pursuing "money" fights over the top contenders. They want to get paid. I get it.

I blame the UFC for acquiescing.
Is the UFC giving him that fight though? Because all I have seen is the interview where he said he wanted to fight Nick, and people keep acting like it is happening

No, but I'd like to think the UFC brass would consider a serious challenger... If Diaz had won a few fights against quality opposition in the last 4 years it'd be a different story but this would be the biggest gift title shot in he history of MMA... Worse than hendo/ bisping... Worse than Joe Soto... Worse Han sonnen/ JBJ...

Is the UFC giving him that fight though? Because all I have seen is the interview where he said he wanted to fight Nick, and people keep acting like it is happening

Nothing has been signed but it seems likely that WB will be getting the shaft one way or the other.

I don't disagree that the UFC should be the ones to make matches. ..but that would be if they weren't acting like the parent that's on meth. Their decision making makes no sense. Considering how big of a change on a fighter's career and bank account becoming a champ is, it should be clear how one can get to that goal.

The rankings mean nothing. It's all about who is the most popular guy at the time. Condit deserved a rematch against Lawler, and Maia has a case for his own shot. If the UFC isn't going to play by any rules, why should the fighters? I'd like a structured system, but until we get one I don't blame a fighter one bit for doing what makes sense. If the fighters had the power that they should then this stuff wouldn't happen.
It is a bit of a balancing act. In reality the UFC makes the matches based on what the fans want to see. The part they need to balance is the actual MMA fans that watch and follow the Sport vs the casuals that come along when a star is fighting such as Brock, Conor, Ronda etc. If you had a strict who earns or deserves a title shot then you have Chad Mendes being the only FW who can fight Aldo for years, or Rich Franklin being by far the best MW not named Anderson Silva or Joe Benavidez fighting DJ in perpetuity.

Back