Tyron Woodley : I deserved to choose my next opponent.

TBF this is Conor's fault. He got to fight whoever the hell he wanted and got paid bucks. Tyrone is looking to make some dough. He wants to make that McGregor money.

ok then be honest about it
"ya i dont want to fight wb because im afraid of getting hurt."

dont lie and pretend and delude yourself and spew all this fucking bullshit i mean the guy LITERALLY SAID NICK DIAZ DESERVES A TITLE SHOT LMAO
im so fucking done smh
He's afraid to get hurt by WB...but just fought RUTHLESS Robbie Lawler. Think about that for a second , bro.
Im not saying hes scared of anything. What im saying is is that with the Reebok deals and not much room.to negotiate better pay, one of the few avenues that fighters have left is "money fights", which come when you either have a belt, or are a vet legend with a name. You'd be a fool to take 50K for a fight against WB when you could get 500K fighting GSP

Oh shut the fuck you stupid pussy. People were pissed at Bisping for picking Hendo to fight next instead of Jacare or Romero. Guess that's because he's white?

You obviously don't know what the fuck youre talking about.

He's obviously kidding, what's wrong with you? lol..

He gets 2x the shit Bisbing gets for the same thing. The only difference is the next guy Woodley fights will be better than old man Hendo.

lets say bones return in 2 years, the champion at this time will never choose him, why would he? if we let the champions choose their fights they will never pick their biggest threat

Didn't Tyron lose to Jake Shields and Rory MacDonald in a decision? Didn't he get KTFO by Nate Marquardt? Didn't he get a split decision over Gastellum? Personally, I think Robbie deserves a rematch over every other fight that has been talked about. I'd bet serious money the 1st fight was a bit of a fluke. He caught Robbie slipping. If Robbie doesn't get an immediate rematch. Woodley should have to fight Wonderman.
The fuck...
A fluke? Robbie was caught slipping? Was there a banana peel in the octagon? Robbie had about 2 minutes of doing nothing before Woodley turned his lights out. That wasn't a fluke. Jesus Christ

Cuz that's such a common occurrence... Fuck, for nick, fighting isn't even a common occurrence lol.
U mad?

nickdiaz20.jpg

It's like in other sports when you win the title, you get to call out the team who won the title 7 years ago instead of playing current teams again.

Fuck off Woodley. You sat on your ass waiting for your shot because "I earned my shot" and now that you got the belt, guys who earned their shot get passed over for guys who haven't fought in 3 years? Because you think you're big enough to pick your own fights?

Total hypocrite, completely entitled diva. Deserves his first defense to be a prelim on a fightpass against Condit and Wonderboy. After they cripple him in a minute they can fight eachother for the belt, on the main card.

Last edited:
You said you blame them for acquiescing. I'm not trying to single you out here, but people are talking about the Woodley/new champ situation as if it should be handled like a parent/child correcting.
These guys aren't slave gladiators. They don't have to fight whomever they're told to. There should be a clear pathway to a title shot, and there's not. It's whomever the UFC says. Considering that literal life and limb are on the line here, it shouldn't be that way, so I'm glad to see a fighter going against that. If im gonna be shaving off a few years of my life doing this sport, then im going to maximize my profit.

The Reebok deal is bullshit. The top contenders being passed over for "money" fights is also bullshit. The UFC is to blame for both.

And the UFC is absolutely responsible for the matchmaking, not the fighters. The fighters can say who they want to fight, but it is the UFC who ultimately decides whether to actually book the fight or not.

Can someone fine out if this is a quote? OP is ducking the question, making me think he seeded this thread as a bash Woodley space.

You said you blame them for acquiescing. I'm not trying to single you out here, but people are talking about the Woodley/new champ situation as if it should be handled like a parent/child correcting.
These guys aren't slave gladiators. They don't have to fight whomever they're told to. There should be a clear pathway to a title shot, and there's not. It's whomever the UFC says. Considering that literal life and limb are on the line here, it shouldn't be that way, so I'm glad to see a fighter going against that. If im gonna be shaving off a few years of my life doing this sport, then im going to maximize my profit.
They (Champions) actually do have to fight who they are told to. Being a UFC champion in a title fight will get a minimum PPV buy rate, lets say 300k for arguments sake. Getting paid more means you need to draw more. Conor draws PPV buys and ticket sales, guys who fight him get paid because he needs viable opponents. Mendes got $500k for fighting him, Diaz got $1M and stands to get a lot more. Woodley isn't a draw. Diaz would have a hard time getting to paid fight Woodley since no one would care and GSP would only fight him for the title. Good on Woodley for trying to get GSP to come to the table but other than him Thompson is the only fight that makes any sense and if the UFC completely abandons all semblance of being a competitive sport then the UFC title is devalued. Conor is a big deal because he is the FW UFC Champion (not that casuals know what weight class). Would he have been as big of a success in N.A. if he was the Bellator FW Champion? Woodley needs to actually act like a champion IMO. I have no interest in seeing him fight other than vs GSP or Rory (Canadian Bias). He needs to earn his own drawing power and running scared from Wonderboy doesn't inspire me to be a fan and shows that even he doesn't expect to defend his title.

this is just his awkward way of trying to show everyone he's the top dog. Conor's mentality is similar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judoka_Noob
Back