Tyron Woodley : I deserved to choose my next opponent.

Well, he makes his point. He is true, if he never do something at this moment, he might not be granted the second chance anymore in the future.

I'm not sure about his intention, whether to make a statement towards Ufc for arranging fight without following ranking or just for his own selfishness, he did speak out, the way Nate did few months back.

This is a problem that the new owner got to fix it ASAP before it become even worst. Hope by putting Conor on the UFC 205 against Aldo can change it forever.

He deserves, but has not EARNED.

I don't blame champions for pursuing "money" fights over the top contenders. They want to get paid. I get it.

I blame the UFC for acquiescing.

And the new idiot group of casual fans who seem to only care about fights that make money, even though its for someone else.

Pretty smart by the UFC though, they now have a fanbase that wants an inferior product just for the drama. Just goes to show the average MMA fan is a moron, unfortunately.

I think Woodley is an overall good dude and if he can get GSP to come back that makes sense, but his sense of entitlement is irritating. He thinks he should be getting some huge push when he hasn't put in the work yet.

Now that he has the belt he has a little bit of ground to stand on, but even before this he felt like the UFC was snubbing him and eluded it to the fact that he is black. Before his fight with Lawler his last three fight win streak was in 2011-2012.

He also said he was sitting out until he got his title shot. I'm sorry but, A loss to Rory McDonald, a TKO win over Dong Hyun Kim and. a split dec win over Kelvin Gastelum does not make you the academic choice for a title shot. A fighter should at least be riding a three fight win streak before he starts crying about being snubbed.

And the new idiot group of casual fans who seem to only care about fights that make money, even though its for someone else.

Pretty smart by the UFC though, they now have a fanbase that wants an inferior product just for the drama. Just goes to show the average MMA fan is a moron, unfortunately.
Yeah this phenomena is so bizarre.

v9Mlqw.gif

I should have added "or if they are one of the biggest draws in ufc history"

Woodley is neither

Unless you're on the level of Anderson Silva, or GSP with 8+ defenses you don't get to pick and choose opponents. This type of crap that Bisping and Conor started needs to die.

How the hell does he deserve to choose his own opponent? He hasn't done anything for anyone except for himself. He doesn't draw any numbers. He hasn't even had a single title defense. He couldn't even win the Strikeforce title. I'm sick of all these Fighters looking at McGregor and Nate Diaz demanding things and then trying to copy them. You are not McGregor or Diaz, you do not draw numbers you do not deserve to call the shots.

giphy.gif

As long as it means ducking Wonderboy right? Though I will be honest, I'd rather see him fight Nick Diaz too, just to see Nick knock his ass out.
Cuz that's such a common occurrence... Fuck, for nick, fighting isn't even a common occurrence lol.

Who says that I don't?
You said you blame them for acquiescing. I'm not trying to single you out here, but people are talking about the Woodley/new champ situation as if it should be handled like a parent/child correcting.
These guys aren't slave gladiators. They don't have to fight whomever they're told to. There should be a clear pathway to a title shot, and there's not. It's whomever the UFC says. Considering that literal life and limb are on the line here, it shouldn't be that way, so I'm glad to see a fighter going against that. If im gonna be shaving off a few years of my life doing this sport, then im going to maximize my profit.

You said you blame them for acquiescing. I'm not trying to single you out here, but people are talking about the Woodley/new champ situation as if it should be handled like a parent/child correcting.
These guys aren't slave gladiators. They don't have to fight whomever they're told to. There should be a clear pathway to a title shot, and there's not. It's whomever the UFC says. Considering that literal life and limb are on the line here, it shouldn't be that way, so I'm glad to see a fighter going against that. If im gonna be shaving off a few years of my life doing this sport, then im going to maximize my profit.
ok then be honest about it
"ya i dont want to fight wb because im afraid of getting hurt."

dont lie and pretend and delude yourself and spew all this fucking bullshit i mean the guy LITERALLY SAID NICK DIAZ DESERVES A TITLE SHOT LMAO
im so fucking done smh

He doesnt deserve shit, different between him and guys like Conor is that people pay to watch Conor...no one gives a fuck about race card Woodley.

Didn't Tyron lose to Jake Shields and Rory MacDonald in a decision? Didn't he get KTFO by Nate Marquardt? Didn't he get a split decision over Gastellum? Personally, I think Robbie deserves a rematch over every other fight that has been talked about. I'd bet serious money the 1st fight was a bit of a fluke. He caught Robbie slipping. If Robbie doesn't get an immediate rematch. Woodley should have to fight Wonderman.

No. No you dint. You were gifted a title shot to begin with

Back