Tyron Woodley : I deserved to choose my next opponent.

I don't blame champions for pursuing "money" fights over the top contenders. They want to get paid. I get it.

I blame the UFC for acquiescing.

Giant-rubber-duck.jpg.ad8ec019ae99992046989a8362e7c3c2.jpg

They have already set the precedent that champions are allowed to choose their opponents and wait obscenely long for the matches to be made. They have set the precedent that champions do not need to fight the top contenders but whatever fights they think will make the most money. So the UFC can sleep in the bed they made.

it's a bed covered in money and the tears of hardcore, longtime MMA fans. I'm sure it's comfortable for them but a bit moist.

Who the fuck does this guy think he is. He has been champ for 5 seconds. Hasnt defended the belt and thinks he can hand pick an opponent who wont be a threat to him?

What an asshole.

This guy used every excuse in the book to duck Lombard and sat on the sidelines for over a year after a split decision win over fat Gastelum rather than taking a contender fight and actually earning a title shot.

The last thing we need is giving him more matchmaking control.

How the hell does he deserve to choose his own opponent? He hasn't done anything for anyone except for himself. He doesn't draw any numbers. He hasn't even had a single title defense. He couldn't even win the Strikeforce title. I'm sick of all these Fighters looking at McGregor and Nate Diaz demanding things and then trying to copy them. You are not McGregor or Diaz, you do not draw numbers you do not deserve to call the shots.

Not the same thing. Mcgregor went up 2. Not 1. Two weight classes to fight a non title fight to save a card because once again his opponent pulled out of the fight with him last minute and he did it to save the card. Now that the UFC let him do that, he should have cut his losses and either defended the belt or given up the belt and gone to 155lbs because he is too small for 170 and probably will lose again unless he has a much smarter game plan this time.

So for Woodley to do the same thing he would have to fight a bigger 205lb fighter in a Light Heavyweight bout which he would never do.

Considering the blurred lines, he's not all that wrong; although he's wrong.

No way. No way at all. Are you kidding?

Blame Dana when they let Conor out of the barn. Every fighter wants that cash grab now.

Can you blame them?

I don't expect them to sit by and do nothing.
this. Refusing to discipline one spoiled brat sets a trend that is much harder to curb as it multiplies. Unfortunately, we the fans will bear the brunt of ot.

I'm down with him fighting GSP but that proposed Diaz fight is a disgrace. I fear Bisping opened a can of worms nobody wanted.

Back