Tyron Woodley : I deserved to choose my next opponent.

wtkace**

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Well, he makes his point. He is true, if he never do something at this moment, he might not be granted the second chance anymore in the future.

I'm not sure about his intention, whether to make a statement towards Ufc for arranging fight without following ranking or just for his own selfishness, he did speak out, the way Nate did few months back.

This is a problem that the new owner got to fix it ASAP before it become even worst. Hope by putting Conor on the UFC 205 against Aldo can change it forever.

200.gif

200_s.gif

Also sauce?

Blame Dana when they let Conor out of the barn. Every fighter wants that cash grab now.

Can you blame them?

I don't expect them to sit by and do nothing.

I'm down with the gsp fight but Diaz is fucking crazy talk.

As long as it means ducking Wonderboy right? Though I will be honest, I'd rather see him fight Nick Diaz too, just to see Nick knock his ass out.

How the hell does he deserve to choose his own opponent? He hasn't done anything for anyone except for himself. He doesn't draw any numbers. He hasn't even had a single title defense. He couldn't even win the Strikeforce title. I'm sick of all these Fighters looking at McGregor and Nate Diaz demanding things and then trying to copy them. You are not McGregor or Diaz, you do not draw numbers you do not deserve to call the shots.

He deserves to duck the next contender who is more deserving of a title shot than he was.

Man fuck this guy.

Offer him a fight pass main event against Wonderboy. He refuse, strip the belt and cut this asshole. He isn't Conor where he can call his shot.

I think Tyron handled the situation well, given that he got what he wanted. And Woodley-GSP is a better fight and will be much more anticipated than Bisping-Henderson 2.

But deserve has nothing to do with it. What makes the situation palatable is if GSP comes back. Otherwise, it'll just be ducking. Champs should not be allowed to choose their own fights except in cases like superfights, and this case is sort of like that. GSP transcends the usual order of contenders, but no one else should.

He didn't deserve the title shot, and he damn sure doesn't deserve to pick his opponent. Props to him for making the most of it, but my god he's only Woodley.

They have already set the precedent that champions are allowed to choose their opponents and wait obscenely long for the matches to be made. They have set the precedent that champions do not need to fight the top contenders but whatever fights they think will make the most money. So the UFC can sleep in the bed they made.

Man fuck this guy.

Offer him a fight pass main event against Wonderboy. He refuse, strip the belt and cut this asshole. He isn't Conor where he can call his shot.

except he did, didn't he?

Back