Tyron Woodley got his black belt from Din Thomas last night is that normal?

You don't make the rules. Even bringing up the idea that he can't be a black belt without a jiu jitsu competition history points to the fact that you don't know the way it works.

I didn't say you can't physically receive a blackbelt, you can walk into any McDojo and pick one up, or buy one from the local sports shop.

It's only proven to be valid and effective when you compete and win. That's not my rule, that's a rule of logic.

Ive seen it before where a jiujitsu trainer gives their student a black belt after a fight.

But I never knew Din was a BJJ master, is his black belt credible?

din thomas is a legit BJJ black belt. he's been an instructor at ATT for years and even has his own ATT gym outside of coaching and training multiple fighters from the main ATT gym.

the till submission was woodley's first submission in a fight since early on in his career. i'm sure he earned his black belt. i don't think it was just given out to him without earning it in the gym. ATT is stacked with high level black belts that would come out and speak against woodley getting his black belt if he wasn't worthy.

Belts are supposed to be given out by congress

Not sure what Din was thinking Saturday night

I'm sure it's legit. Tyron's been doing BJJ for 13 fucking years for god's sake. Good for him, must of felt great to get it in that way. Just finished his first fight by submission in awhile and it was to a guy many thought was suppose to beat him. That's a real life movie moment right there. You can't script it any better.

Till was a substantially favourite, paying $1.70, which seemed crazy to me .

Till was a substantially favourite, paying $1.70, which seemed crazy to me .
I picked Till myself. Tyron made me eat crow. I hope gassing him up makes up for it. Good job champ.

It's only proven to be valid and effective when you compete and win. That's not my rule, that's a rule of logic.

It's a rule that is completely fucking stupid. You can roll with other high level practitioners in training and your BJJ instructor can evaluate your level that way too. Especially when you train at elite level gyms like Rogan does where legit fucking killers train. I'm sure Rogan rolled with plenty of these guys and Eddie thought he was at that level. It's simple like that

It's a rule that is completely fucking stupid. You can roll with other high level practitioners in training and your BJJ instructor can evaluate your level that way too. Especially when you train at elite level gyms like Rogan does where legit fucking killers train. I'm sure Rogan rolled with plenty of these guys and Eddie thought he was at that level. It's simple like that

Job like his, no kids, hitting roids and training for many years doesn't surprise me at all.

Yeah. Frank Mir got his black belt after he broke Tim Sylvias arm.

Tim Sylvia got his brown belt soon after.

I didn't see this until now. Did this tard really originally have "Din Lister" in the title? Please tell me this is true.

I talked to coleman about that time rogan took his back

giphy.gif
Lol typical sherdogger. So rogan, probably tipsy from how he sounded in the video got pushed by coleman.

Rogan fucking around with coleman who out weighted him by 50lb+ (olympic wrestler, pan am americas gold, pan am world silver medalist) and getting unexpectedly pushed hard means hes not a bjj black belt.

Your a fucking idiot.

That renders a black belt merely a supposition and opinion of how good you may or may not be.

If you want that black belt, wear it.

It's made of paper until its been tested in competition. Fact.

Lol typical sherdogger. So rogan, probably tipsy from how he sounded in the video got pushed by coleman.

Rogan fucking around with coleman who out weighted him by 50lb+ (olympic wrestler, pan am americas gold, pan am world silver medalist) and getting unexpectedly pushed hard means hes not a bjj black belt.

Your a fucking idiot.
Oh they were just playing around?

No shit shelock, hold this L for missing the running joke

Ive seen it before where a jiujitsu trainer gives their student a black belt after a fight.

But I never knew Din was a BJJ master, is his black belt credible?
btw 1mn40 & 2mn00:

"I find it ridiculous to get your Black Belt without participating in any BJJ Tournament... 98% of the Black Belts in Rio de Janeiro are fake..."

#CarlsonBless

btw 1mn40 & 2mn00:

"I find it ridiculous to get your Black Belt without participating in any BJJ Tournament... 98% of the Black Belts in Rio de Janeiro are fake..."

#CarlsonBless

He was the man this is renzos dad right

I remember that ages ago Din Thomas made the most complete bjj dvd instructional at a time there was very little to learn for the net.

Still use some stuff i learned form that dvd and i have watched it probably a decade ago.

I'm sure it's legit. Tyron's been doing BJJ for 13 fucking years for god's sake. Good for him, must of felt great to get it in that way. Just finished his first fight by submission in awhile and it was to a guy many thought was suppose to beat him. That's a real life movie moment right there. You can't script it any better.

Well said;

Tyron's emotional reaction at the promotion in the cage was more profound than the win. Tyron is a deep thinker and has always shown self-control in his words and responses... He lost it. It meant something to him.

Back