Tyron Woodley ever improving footwork

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Deleted member 502383, Sep 9, 2018.

1. After watching for a second time I have to point out Tyron's footwork, his heels barely touched the mat in that fight unless initiating clinch or grappling. He was moving very well especially since he is a well built individual. I'd like to see more guys outside of the lower classes improve their footwork as having good feet gives you an immense advantage over folks who barely have anything.

Tyron's wrestling was comfortably dealt with as I would suspect against a top fighter but his footwork got him the fight to the mat where he earned himself a 2nd round submission.

Tyron isn't the goat welterweight yet but at this rate it won't be too long until he is the p4p goat period. I look forward to watching him again.

2. Haj01 Silver Belt

Couldn't agree more German.

3. GilErick Blue Belt

You mean he has good footwork for a black guy ?

4. Dark Individual GOAT of all GOATS Banned

He trains with Freddie Roach and other great boxing coaches at Freddie's gym so yeah it was bound to improve

5. Paul Harvey Green Belt

The fact that Till was favored was a joke. Tyron is too fast and has too much power.

Tyron is rapidly moving up the ladder. To pass GSP, he still needs to improve his wrestling. GSP's strengths were you never knew when the takedown was coming, Tyron was telegraphing his last night.

Still, awesome win, but not a surprise at all.

6. Harlekin Yellow Card Yellow Card

Wasn't he also training at mayweather gym? Really liked his boxing this fight.

7. Not really a joke. Darren Till was mesmerised by Tyron and can gauge where he's at and where he needs to be now.

8. CerebralKnievel Gold Belt

It's insane to say this, given Tyron's college wrestling experience and the caliber of guys against which he competed, but his takedowns will never surpass prime GSP. He isn't 28. He's already 36. He is a great athlete and his striking has definitely improved, but he isn't going to make the leaps of change one might see in a younger fighter.

On that note, I wish GSP would fight him already.

9. Absolutely. There was a time where wrestling was all Tyron had and now his wrestling is the last thing opponents need to worry about.

10. I disagree. He's adding things each fight. He's considerably less stationary everytime he shows up in the octagon.

11. KoChang Purple Belt

Big GSP fan here but he will avoid Woodley like a fat kid avoids lettuce. Never gonna happen.

12. CPH street lethal

I don't agree that constantly fighting on one's toes has much to do with good footwork. But Woodley did impress me with his in and out movement and feints. That was a huge factor in rendering Till ineffective as long as the fight was standing. Also, big props on standing his ground and landing that counter.

13. Hoop Black Belt

He looked a bit lighter as well, I thought. I think overall Woodley did what is the name of the game - do something your opponent is not expecting - Till inches his way forward and looks to use his reach and height advantage to corner you and land a shot. Woodley has been, I think it's fair to say, playing it safe safe in his most recent fights. Nice counter he caught Till with and the slip of the head.

Till's coach must have being studying Woodley's movement during the 1st round as he mentioned that Woodley was 'twitching' and probably believed he was nervous to boot.

14. Jeandoozz Yellow Belt

I also like the shape of him, fellow aesthete.

15. filthynumber1 Silver Belt

Stay on you're toes
    [​IMG]

16. NoSmilez Silver Belt

His style is odd. He sort of moves back to wind up then pounce. He gets away with it because he's fast and his reach is pretty good.

17. That's why Edgar vs McGregor would have been interesting before Conors move to 55. Wouldn't be interesting now though, would be a squash.