Tyron Woodley Doesn't Get Enough Respect for One Thing

Is Woodley HOF worthy?

• Total voters
his title run was objectively shit. he had one good win in darren till.

He had a draw with thompson, I thought he lost.
then he beat thompson, I scored it a draw.
Then, he had probably the worst ww title fight in history and one of the worst title fights ever against Damien maia, where they set a record for least amount of strikes thrown in a title fight.

then the good win over till followed, by getting dominated 50-44 to lose his title. it wasn't an impressive title run anyway you slice it. mix those facts in with the nate diaz and conor mcgregor call outs and you go from bad title run, to absolute joke.

Nobody gives a flying fuck of the way you score fights.
The consensus is that he solved the wonderboy puzzle, something nobody did before him.
He took the belt from lawler, beat a seasonned guy like maia, a prospect like till and WB.
Not the greatest run ever but a very respectable one like his coach said.
The comments on the money fights dreams he had or Askren are irrelevant.
He was a very good champ and the 3rd best ever at WW. Dont try to diminush people achievements

The consensus is that he solved the wonderboy puzzle, something nobody did before him.
He took the belt from lawler, beat a seasonned guy like maia, a prospect like till and WB.
He was a very good champ and the 3rd best ever at WW. Dont try to diminush people achievements
Nah. I gave him all the credit he deserved.

Lmao at "the consenus is..." The actual consensus was Woodley will literally back into a corner and feint for 25 minutes, While wonder boy engages him in a starring contest

Last edited:
No, Shut the fuck up. Usada solved the WB puzzle. Those were the two worst title fights of all time. 3rd was him vs Maia. The fact WB came into rematch a scared little mouse who changed nothing.. Usada. WB sucks so hard now it's not even funny. Thanks for the 200k when Pettis knocked your ass out WB as a 5.5 to 1 dog.

It seems likely he won’t get an instant rematch, which many champions get.

This is a bit of a myth. Not many champions get an instant rematch. It's more common in shallow divisions, but it's not common.

I don't like Woodley but voted yes, lol at this poll. How can a champ with 4 defenses not be in the HOF?

He gets a lot of hate from that odd “I hate anything SJW!” crowd. Its like this weird mutation of insecurity, that brought us words like “cuck” and “beta,” terms I have never heard in real life but seem all too common on Sherdog. I still find it strange.

That and half his fights are very boring.

This math is very misleading. Before fighting Robbie, Woodley sat on the sidelines for 18 months then took 13 months off between Maia and Till. Two breaks of over a year each does not make one and active fighter. He doesn’t deserve a rematch he was 50-44’ed.

is winning a belt enough to make someone HOF worthy? no
is defending a belt enough to make someone HOF worthy? no

tyron won the belt in amazing fashion against a scary dude
he then had three of the worst consecutive title fights in UFC history: one draw, one majority dec, and UD
then he smashed a fookin lightheavyweight fighting at WW. considering that GSP couldn't even finish dan hardy, that's a dominant win for woodley

then woodley loses the belt in one of the worst champion performances in UFC history (50-44)

so woodley's championship run has two awesome wins, one devastating loss, and three shit fights
(yes he was champ for almost three years but he sat out for a year after the maia fight)

in non title fights, his best win is probably over former champ carlos condit, where he destroyed him in the striking and made condit quit
but woodley could never get past the real elite guys like shields and rory mac

verdict: on paper, woodley is aruably the third best UFC WW of all time. his championship run was a bit underwhelming...and dana fucking hates him

so no, he probably will not end up in the hOF
I just wanna mention I saw firas zhabi on Joe Rogan and he said gsp got ko'd a week before training in that fight and was concussed when he fought hard. Just thought it was worth mentioning

I thought this thread would be about his role in "Straight Outta Compton"

No, Shut the fuck up. Usada solved the WB puzzle. Those were the two worst title fights of all time. 3rd was him vs Maia. The fact WB came into rematch a scared little mouse who changed nothing.. Usada. WB sucks so hard now it's not even funny. Thanks for the 200k when Pettis knocked your ass out WB as a 5.5 to 1 dog.

Lmao...its barely a forum anymore. Keep going with the freak show it is amusing at least

Lmao...its barely a forum anymore. Keep going with the freak show it is amusing at least
Why, that was pure gold. Where was I wrong, exactly? Check live thread for my 200k. Then stfu....

His rap songs is enough for me not to respect him as a singer.

is winning a belt enough to make someone HOF worthy? no
is defending a belt enough to make someone HOF worthy? no

tyron won the belt in amazing fashion against a scary dude
he then had three of the worst consecutive title fights in UFC history: one draw, one majority dec, and UD
then he smashed a fookin lightheavyweight fighting at WW. considering that GSP couldn't even finish dan hardy, that's a dominant win for woodley

then woodley loses the belt in one of the worst champion performances in UFC history (50-44)

so woodley's championship run has two awesome wins, one devastating loss, and three shit fights
(yes he was champ for almost three years but he sat out for a year after the maia fight)

in non title fights, his best win is probably over former champ carlos condit, where he destroyed him in the striking and made condit quit
but woodley could never get past the real elite guys like shields and rory mac

verdict: on paper, woodley is aruably the third best UFC WW of all time. his championship run was a bit underwhelming...and dana fucking hates him

so no, he probably will not end up in the hOF

I agree with most of this, but he didn't make Condit quit. Condit blew out his ACL. Woodley was winning the fight up until the injury though.

Say it wasn't an impressive title run but how many champs actually go on a run? Just the fact that he did is a huge feat regardless of how much you downplay his wins.
What really annoyed a lot of people was the GOAT talk, saying he was closing in on GSP. Get bent! Not even in the same universe. Way to water down the term GOAT.

Stephen Bonnar is in the hall of fame.

Bonnar made a more significant impact on the UFC than Woodley ever did though and ultimately, that's what the hall of fame is all about.

Bonnar made a more significant impact on the UFC than Woodley ever did though and ultimately, that's what the hall of fame is all about.

He didn't at all, Dana White will tell you he did and you'll believe it.

Back