Tyron Woodley Doesn't Get Enough Respect for One Thing

Is Woodley HOF worthy?

• Total voters
Woodley & Usman are always the ones that likes too sit out for 6 to 8 months.. So i rather have an active champ

No. And my advice for him is to go up to middleweight, win that belt, best chance at elevating himself up there. Two belts in two weight classes. That's HOF type stuff.

woodley is a good fighter thats all. I respect his taking all commers unlike most champs these days but at the end of the day his gas tank or lack therof makes him not HOF worthy. IMO you have to have it all. The wins, dedication to defending, and be a complete fighter. This is an ideal to be sure but some have met it. Like Jones, like Anderson, like GSP, like MM, etc Woodley has not.

The problem with the instant rematch for Woodley, is that he got completely dominated for 5 rounds. The fight was entirely uncompetitive.

Stipe got KOd fast in an other wise competitive fight. Weve seen times where that jappened and the rematch was different like JDS/Cain II. I have never seen a guy get domolished for 5 rounds and win a rematch.

He does deserve more respect for that

He definitely does not deserve a rematch with Usman

Wonder if Woodley will try the Stipe approach and sit out until he gets the exact fight he wants (preferably a title rematch)? Or will he settle?

WW is a lot deeper than HW with too many exciting contenders. Woodley is letting the last of what could be his prime slip by.

You answered your own question.

HW is so damn shallow that Dana didn't have much of a choice. He already exhausted the Derrick Lewis option, Ngannou let him down and he decided to have a bitter grudge against him, and the Brock fight never happened. Literally only Stipe left.

WW does not have this problem. There is a laundry list of guys who can easily and rightfully step in for a title fight.

Racists typically pull the race card for benign actions.

Woodley outed himself as such and in a matter of months became insufferable.

Woodley talking is the equivalent of nails dragged across a chalkboard.

He fought four title fights in 364 days.

What happened in the previous 364 days? He sat out and refused to fight Lombard, because they were team mates.

Only to watch Lawler, who was fighting at a tremendous pace since 2013, go through Rory, Hendricks, and Condit as Woodley rested, and then KO'd his teammate for the title.

One of the last of dying breed? Of cry babies?

is winning a belt enough to make someone HOF worthy? no
is defending a belt enough to make someone HOF worthy? no

tyron won the belt in amazing fashion against a scary dude
he then had three of the worst consecutive title fights in UFC history: one draw, one majority dec, and UD
then he smashed a fookin lightheavyweight fighting at WW. considering that GSP couldn't even finish dan hardy, that's a dominant win for woodley

then woodley loses the belt in one of the worst champion performances in UFC history (50-44)

so woodley's championship run has two awesome wins, one devastating loss, and three shit fights
(yes he was champ for almost three years but he sat out for a year after the maia fight)

in non title fights, his best win is probably over former champ carlos condit, where he destroyed him in the striking and made condit quit
but woodley could never get past the real elite guys like shields and rory mac

verdict: on paper, woodley is aruably the third best UFC WW of all time. his championship run was a bit underwhelming...and dana fucking hates him

so no, he probably will not end up in the hOF

Lol only thing he could be in a HOF for would be whining whilst throw 3 punches per round in a 5 round fight

He is a good fighter, you can't take that away from him, huge power, but I personally don't like his attitude at all. He would accuse the UFC of racism all the time and blame them for not pushing him to sell PPV and it's just absurd. Mighty Mouse never did that and he got paid less than Woodley. I'm sure Dana is thrilled that Woodley lost so he doesn't have to deal with him any more.

But he could fight for the title again. The 170 pound division is the most exciting division right now. You've got Woodley, Covington, Masvidal, Leon Edwards, even Lawler, Diaz, Pettis who are circling the belt and either worthy of a title shot now or are only one big win away from being worthy of a title shot. Usman is holding everything up because he's hurt. Hopefully we'll see a welterweight title fight at Madison Square Garden in November. It's either going to be Masvidal or Covington if he wins vs Lawler.

so fighting 4 times in a year is now meant to be amazing?

3 fights a year used to be the fucking standard. 4 fights is just 1 extra fight.

REAL legends used to fight 2-3 times in a single night.
quote-anyone-can-win-two-fights-in-one-night-but-it-is-the-third-fight-that-tells-you-if-you-don-frye-73-80-27.jpg

Tyron deserves hespect, sure
But is his run HoF worthy? nope

Don't know if he is hall of fame worthy, is every champion with a few title defences going to be hall of fame worthy ? if that's the case then sure, there are still many fighters that should be inducted into the UFC hall of fame.

Stephen Bonnar is in the hall of fame.

What happened in the previous 364 days? He sat out and refused to fight Lombard, because they were team mates.

Only to watch Lawler, who was fighting at a tremendous pace since 2013, go through Rory, Hendricks, and Condit as Woodley rested, and then KO'd his teammate for the title.

No man, he refused to fight Lombard because it was "bad for his brand". Remember?

Say it wasn't an impressive title run but how many champs actually go on a run? Just the fact that he did is a huge feat regardless of how much you downplay his wins.

I don't have to down play anything. Not all wins are equal. had3 wins. One was a split. The other the worst title fight ever and a good win over Darren till. Also 1 draw. I gave him credit everywhere it was due.

Lmfao NOT EVEN CLOSE. For the most boring play it safe title reign in history including GSP and Jon only his lasted 3 horrible fights. Till win doesnt count for anyone. HoFer? Dude be lucky to have a job on the desk when he retires. If he disappeared now nobody would even remember he existed. No boxing, no offensive grappling, just circling staring pulling guard and overhand rights. HoF My Ass. But they need more black people when they let that other OG in cant even remember his name. Maurice Smith or something

Lmfao NOT EVEN CLOSE. For the most boring play it safe title reign in history including GSP and Jon only his lasted 3 horrible fights. Till win doesnt count for anyone. HoFer? Dude be lucky to have a job on the desk when he retires. If he disappeared now nobody would even remember he existed. No boxing, no offensive grappling, just circling staring pulling guard and overhand rights. HoF My Ass. But they need more black people when they let that other OG in cant even remember his name. Maurice Smith or something
This post is a complete mess .... anyone know Wtf he’s trying to say ?

Back