Tyron Woodley defends want for money fights, takes a shot a Wonderboy.

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
I want to say I'm the best in the world, Right now I'm the UFC welterweight champion of the world. People can say I'm the best in the world, but I've fought Georges St-Pierre and Nick Diaz is not a retired fighter. So, why not compete against Nick Diaz, who is definitely a top-five (fighter)? I feel like his brother is finally cashing in on that big payday, but I do believe Nick Diaz has brought enough attention to the sport, raised enough eyebrows, put enough butts in the seats, sold enough pay-per-view buys. Maybe he deserves since we're using this world ‘deserves' so much maybe he deserves to cash out, and that's why I made a suggestion for UFC 202. It's three weeks away, I'm in great shape, and I know he's training with his brother getting him ready for his fight.

Secondly, Georges St-Pierre is the best of all-time. I can say I'm better than Georges, but I've not competed against him so I can't really make that bold statement. If Georges St-Pierre decides that he wants to come back and he's interested in fighting me, which he is, that's going to be my No. 1 pick.

But in hindsight I would like to fight both of them. I would like to prepare myself, get through Georges St-Pierre, shock the world once again, they say that I'm the best in the world, and then after that I would like to fight Nick Diaz as well. Because (after) those two fights, nobody can ever say I'm not one of the best welterweights on the planet Earth. If I knock out Robbie Lawler who was the goliath of the weight division, everybody was thinking he was so invincible and unbeatable and if I knock out GSP and Nick Diaz, I pretty much cemented myself in the UFC Hall of Fame."

Also, Wonderboy's words just bit him in the butt. I didn't put these words in his mouth. He said that Robbie Lawler would take this fight. He felt that the fans would want to watch Robbie Lawler fight against Stephen ‘Wonderboy' Thompson, that it would be a more exciting fight, that I would fade in the later rounds and he felt like Robbie Lawler was going to take it home.

When he makes those statements, and you're not the pay-per-view buy, you're not the money fight, you're not the (guy who) people are going to be jumping off the wall buying pay-per-views to watch Stephen ‘Wonderboy' fight -- not to say in his career that won't happen, he's an exceptional fighter, he's beaten two phenomenal athletes back-to-back -- but when he said those words out of his mouth, he wrote a check his ass couldn't cash.

So now he'll get his chance to fight Robbie Lawler and I'll go out and I'll prove I'm the very, very best in the world by fighting the Hall of Famers."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/2...s-want-for-money-fights-says-stephen-thompson

Translation: Please Lawd, don't make muh fight Wonderboy.

On one hand it's blatant ducking

On the other you can't blame him for wanting to keep the belt and make as much money as he can in the meantime.

Still, blatantly ducking the guy who is by far the most deserving contender

you are about an infinity light years from being best in your state woodley

goddamnit why

I predict that Woodley will fight Wonderboy. You can't hand-pick fights in the UFC. Nick Diaz and Georges St. Pierre are unlikely fights right now. But money talks. I wouldn't put it past Dana to make it happen.

Love it.

Particularly cause Diaz was robbed
of 18th months of his fighting prime,
by a system that is obviously shady
& selective with their practices & punishment.

He deserves to come back & make
some money. Make up for lost time,
& get right back into the mix at WW.
Especially with Zuffa stepping out,
these old school fighters are going
to need to be advocates for themselves.

Woodley seems like a real honorable
dude too. Going back to him giving
back the sued purse from the Kelvin
fight, to giving nothing but props to
Lawler post fight & being respectful
towards his challengers. I could see
him making this move for not only
himself, but for Diaz & the old guard
as well. Especially cause he's also
sort of pushing for Robbie to stay in
the mix by fighting the clear cut #2
<40><40>

He will have to fight Wonderboy, Diaz has to high THC levels and GSP ain't coming back. Wonderboy by TKO.

Gifted a title shot, now knocks the dude who has been active.

Translation: I'm a quacker who makes up shit reasons for quacking.

He wants nothing to do with WB. I don't blame him.

Woodley vs Diaz is a sick fight. Wonderboy vs the winner is a sick fight. I'll allow it. GSP vs anyone is boring as hell.

Why is Woodley acting like the chosen one? He is in no position to make demands. He isn't a name and has no real needle moving ability. He demands more money after sitting on the shelf and he was gifted his shot.

lol, Dana isn't going to give a shit at his desires.

Anyone remember when rockhold was bitching and moaning about wanting to fight on any ppv except 199? I think woodley's the one biting himself in the ass.

This whole saga is boring and Woodley is annoying. Shut up. You are not fighting Diaz nor GSP for the same reason you don't want to fight Wonderboy. You aren't a name or money fight. Only difference is you will be fighting who you don't want to face in nov/dec

I love all these sherdog nerds who accuse Woodley of ducking Wonderboy. This is the same guy who fought people like Lawler and Condit, but suddenly he's ducking Wonderboy? Get real. Preferring a big money fight doesn't equate to ducking someone else. If you want to see him fight Wonderboy, that's fine. But suggesting that he's ducking Wonderboy is beyond absurd.

I'm not even a Woodley fan, but the lack of critical thinking on these forums still boggles my mind.

I love all these sherdog nerds who accuse Woodley of ducking Wonderboy. This is the same guy who fought people like Lawler and Condit, but suddenly he's ducking Wonderboy? Get real. Preferring a big money fight doesn't equate to ducking someone else. If you want to see him fight Wonderboy, that's fine. But suggesting that he's ducking Wonderboy is beyond absurd.

I'm not even a Woodley fan, but the lack of critical thinking on these forums still boggles my mind.
Not even Wonderboy thinks that he's ducking.

Anyone who's looking to take the easy fight doesn't choose GSP.

A bunch of dipshits around here...

Woodley's forgetting that he had no name and that he wasn't the money fight (or the most deserving contender) for Lawler.

Instead of being a selfish jackass, he needs to pay his own good luck (sat on his hands for over a year to get a title shot off Condit pulling a hammie and a shitty spit-decision over a terrible-looking Gastelum who missed weight) forward to the next contender, much more deserving than him, and that's Wonderboy.

Sure, if it was possible he could be tacked on for 202 or GSP really did want to come back, that would be fine. The first doesn't hold up the division and the second is an exception to the rules for the welterweight GOAT.

But basically ruling out Wonderboy as an opponent no matter what because it hurt his feelings that Wonderboy picked Lawler to win 201 is some bullshit.

Back