Tyron Woodley complaining about Conor McGregor getting special treatment by UFC

Of course not every race has white guilt,

As seen with the rooftop Korean response:

tumblr_lzlir9ss4b1qeyiqp1.jpg

hahaha forgot about that Mayweather comment

Woodley is friends with Sage Northcutt.

If Sage thinks Tyron is a good guy that is more than enough for me.

<{monica}>

Of course not every race has white guilt,

As seen with the rooftop Korean response:

tumblr_lzlir9ss4b1qeyiqp1.jpg

And don't forget is a woman beater too. Let's not act as if I'm a supporter of his. And by your logic, McGregor gets a pass from calling Diaz a cholo?

And then you post the picture of another racist saying racial things about black people as a form of "get back". Oh how pathetic.

No problem
To be fair, I do think Tyron is a little whiny in general (not here, but in general and more of a "I'm trying but no one is helping" kind of way) - but I think he more just doesn't get how MMA fans think. There are ways he could be more marketable, but he's like DC - he thinks being a good professional is enough, but it's not it's not interesting enough for most. Only GSP could get away with that, and that's because of A) Nationalism and B) Dominance. Jones tried that too, and it only lead to him annoying everyone everytime he spoke.

Personally if I was in his circle I'd tell the guy to go full heel, just make everyone hate you because they're doing it anyway.

But agree to disagree like I said, I see where your coming from now though.

He did have a glorious opportunity to capitalize on that back stage interaction with Conor -- but for some reason he downplayed it. That was a lottery ticket opportunity promotional wise -- although he, and a lot of fighters may just not be down to go the "Pro-wrestling antics" route to obtain notoriety.

I do wish promotion was based on merit -- i fear Humble Rumble should be way more popular then he will end up being.

But i cant tell people how to spend their money or why they should like the sport -- im not a fan of the antics but it does help grow the sport.

And don't forget is a woman beater too. Let's not act as if I'm a supporter of his. And by your logic, McGregor gets a pass from calling Diaz a cholo?

No he doesn't. In fact, both him and Urijah was called out for saying anti-Latino things.

Cerrone was called racist when he called Conor a leprechuan.

You have no evidence neither does Tyron that he isn't promoted because he is black. In fact, you can't even prove that Tyron isn't promoted beacuse he is boring.

I mean Conor isn't a star or anything. He just sells the most PPV's in UFC history. What has Tyron done that gives him the same treatment?

Stop being an SJW cuck, everybody knows racism exists, it just isn't the reason that nobody likes Tyrun. He's a great, explosive athlete but he's an asshole.
SJW cuck? What does SJW even mean? And you say this while using stereotypical phrases such as "great explosive athlete". A phrase that was used to label every highly athletic black athlete in every sport. Not to mention your use of cuck as in cuckold which I don't need to dive into the true origins of that word.

No he doesn't. In fact, both him and Urijah was called out for saying anti-Latino things.

Cerrone was called racist when he called Conor a leprechuan.

You have no evidence neither does Tyron that he isn't promoted because he is black. In fact, you can't even prove that Tyron isn't promoted beacuse he is boring.
Cerrone called racist for calling Conor a leprechaun? I'm sorry, being called a leprechaun because you're from Ireland isn't racist. Being Irish isn't a race you dumb fuck!

He did have a glorious opportunity to capitalize on that back stage interaction with Conor -- but for some reason he downplayed it. That was a lottery ticket opportunity promotional wise -- although he, and a lot of fighters may just not be down to go the "Pro-wrestling antics" route to obtain notoriety.

I do wish promotion was based on merit -- i fear Humble Rumble should be way more popular then he will end up being.

But i cant tell people how to spend their money or why they should like the sport -- im not a fan of the antics but it does help grow the sport.

Yeah, my biggest issue is that the UFC seems to luck onto stars rather than make them, you made this point earlier. Ronda already had hype from being a legit athlete and Strikeforce really pushed her, not the UFC.
Conor did a lot of leg work early on, they noticed his following and pushed him hard imo. I think TUF helped a lot, but that just sped up the inevitable.

They don't really do that all that well, the only stars they really ever made were GSP, Tito, Chuck and Randy (Rampage.. maybe?) that I can immediately think of. Sonnen may be the ultimate example of them really pushing a guy.
I think in a pragmatic sense they should spend more time investing in certain guys, especially those who are going to stick around the top for a long time. Even if you don't get a bunch of superstars, at least have 5 or so guys guaranteed to net you a decent buyrate regardless of opponent.

Tyron doesn't seem to understand that he's the type of guy who would become less popular with more promotion, he's bland, he's boring & he's whiner.

Promotion would only highlight that more.

Shut your mouth Woodley. As a fellow brother this bullshit pisses me off.

He's just an unlikeable person. He's boring as fuck and his cringey preaching is ridiculous.

820.gif

Cerrone called racist for calling Conor a leprechaun? I'm sorry, being called a leprechaun because you're from Ireland isn't racist. Being Irish isn't a race you dumb fuck!

LOL did I say it was? I said he was called out for it you dumbass.

There wasn't an kind of racial tone to that conversation. But Woodley's reasoning for being pushed more doesn't make any sense. He talked about being layered and gave a few examples, but there are another 100 fighters on the roster who check all of those same boxes and sell better.

His argument for being to able to create excitement within the black community makes a lot of sense. I'm not going to sit here and pretend to know how to go about it, but I do feel the UFC has dropped the ball by not marketing Jones, Cormier, Rampage, and now Woodley more.

Let's be honest, if Woodley "marketed" himself the way McGregor has, people would call him arrogant and cocky. But when McGregor does it, it's because he's smart and is funny. May not be a result of full blown racism but we've seen it plenty of times where a black fighter is ridiculed for being cocky and full of confidence but when a white fighter does it no one goes bat shit crazy.

This forum is full of people who hate on Mcgregor for being arrogant and cocky. I think you whiners only see what you want to see to reinforce whatever your views are but whatever, dude.

Where do I go to complain about Tyron Woodley complaining?

And how does Tyron feel about the UFC pushing hard to market Black Beast and Ngannou while they put Ben Rothwell on the shelf (something like 8 fights in 7 years even though he says he wants to fight more), or the UFC releasing Shawn Jordan with one loss even after he beat Black Beast?

Or the constant Uriah Hall hype.

UFC doesn't like dopey-looking white dudes. UFC likes marketable dudes. Sometimes a black guy is the victim of that, sometimes a white guy is the victim of that.

The only place you can find a substantial amount of evidence to even suggest any bias is in WMMA, IMO.

Tyron Woodley doesn't get pushed because he is whiny and boring.

SJW cuck? What does SJW even mean? And you say this while using stereotypical phrases such as "great explosive athlete". A phrase that was used to label every highly athletic black athlete in every sport. Not to mention your use of cuck as in cuckold which I don't need to dive into the true origins of that word.
Stereotype? SMH, black people have a trademark on the words "great, explosive athlete" now?

There wasn't an kind of racial tone to that conversation. But Woodley's reasoning for being pushed more doesn't make any sense. He talked about being layered and gave a few examples, but there are another 100 fighters on the roster who check all of those same boxes and sell better.

His argument for being to able to create excitement within the black community makes a lot of sense. I'm not going to sit here and pretend to know how to go about it, but I do feel the UFC has dropped the ball by not marketing Jones, Cormier, Rampage, and now Woodley more.

UFC didn't market Rampage? WTF?????? You guys are delusional and you see the world through such a whiney black guy lens that it's hard to feel sorry for you. Rampage got high and went on a literal rampage and the UFC looked the other way, they bent over backwards and gave him all the fights he wanted, he just wasn't able to back up his words with his actions. Getting his ass kicked by Rashad, losing the title to Forrest, etc, but let's be honest the UFC more than went out fo their way to market, dude had a starring role in the A team movie FFS.

Do you guys just ignore reality when it doesn't fir your argument?

McGregor earned his special treatment by selling out seats and doubling PPVs. Cry me a river dude no one watches.

Were you around in Rampage's earlier time in the UFC? A lack of marketing wasn't the problem with Rampage. UFC even had him coach one of the most highly-advertised TUF seasons of all time.

Stereotype? SMH, black people have a trademark on the words "great, explosive athlete" now?
I wouldn't even bother with a grown ass man who creates an online account with another man's name and image and tries to live vicariously through him. You're fucking pathetic. And you do know what I'm talking about but instead of admitting it you pull a 2+2 equals 11 move.

Back