Tyron Woodley complaining about Conor McGregor getting special treatment by UFC

conor gets more hate than ali did:fact

other cocky black fighters: Roy Jones Jr. Floyd Mayweather. both the most popular boxers of their time.

try again.

"bitch"
One, McGregor doesn't have the pull Ali did even though McGregor is living in the day and age where it's easier to market yourself than that of the days of Ali. Two, Ali had a ocean full of people who hated him, not for what he did in the ring or promoting it but what he stood for and stood against. McGregor is and never will be the man Ali was for combat sports. Three, you named Roy Jones Jr and Mayweather yet you show your lack of knowledge because both were wildly hated on by fans especially Mayweather. The fuck is you talking about fam, I mean bitch. You need to educate yourself young fella.

So we're just going to continue this thread accusing Woodley of race baiting here when he literally didn't mention race one time in the entire 11 minute video? Gotta love Sherdog. Don't let facts get in the way of a good accusation.

There is plenty to argue with Woodley for what he says in this video. But he literally never brought up race once.

If you actually listen to what he says, he makes a point.

In case you don't know it, Sherdog is filled with oversensitive whites that like to complain about blacks and liberals "race-baiting" so much that they always insist that a black/liberal is race-baiting without even bothering to look at the source because they've been triggered in the past. They're the typical idiotic sherdog poster so pay them no mind.
Ohhhh my brother, testify. Exactly motherfucking THIS!

One, McGregor doesn't have the pull Ali did even though McGregor is living in the day and age where it's easier to market yourself than that of the days of Ali. Two, Ali had a ocean full of people who hated him, not for what he did in the ring or promoting it but what he stood for and stood against. McGregor is and never will be the man Ali was for combat sports. Three, you named Roy Jones Jr and Mayweather yet you show your lack of knowledge because both were wildly hated on by fans especially Mayweather. The fuck is you talking about fam, I mean bitch. You need to educate yourself young fella.

"ocean of people"

no there wasnt an ocean of people.

roy jones and mayweather hated?

So is conor.

please, try one more time.

6d52bc4e24c43f63b4cd98c488c82236.jpg
People love it when Conor's a cunt, but hate RR for the same shit.

racism exists and nobody said that it didn't, stop being a girl.
There's more than one way to give the notion that someone believes racism doesn't exist without actually having to say those exact words.

"Minimizing". That's your interpretation - and a lame one. It was a flippant innocuous comment as a segue into his larger point

Yes, his flippant comment, to me, was diminishing the efforts of self promotion conor did to get to this point. If you dont see that way, fine...willing to wager most see it the way i do.

And your last point is absolutely true - the dude is basing what he said around what he felt was the UFC hyping Wonderboy more than him and posting links of him getting KO'd on twitter when he had a fight coming up. That's what he feels about it, not what's factual - and it's not laughable just because you happen to disagree with it. He should be making the point that all champions should get a bit more marketing imo.

If the UFC felt any of these guys could take off -- they would market them more. It stands to reason that they would LOVE to have 7 champions with Connor's appeal, but it is up to the fighters themselves to get to that point. Over a million people saw Woodley fight -- if he only draws in 300k or less the next time he headlines a card, it is his fault -- not the UFC. Social Media exists to all fighters -- if they cant generate a buzz, that is on them. How much more can the UFC do? They know what to expect with a ROI for marketing Woodley

Bitter? Wat
If you want to argue that he hasn't done enough to brand himself, that's perfectly fine and valid - and I would agree. He's saying he felt like he has and wants a bit of a marketing push, and that's the extent of it. That's not him whining, that's him expressing an opinion on HIS podcast for HIS fanbase, because those are the only people that listen (coincidentally a podcast he has to grow the following that you're criticizing him for not doing enough to grow).

How was i to know that was his podcast? That video was uploaded by Conor 2.0

And, sorry, i definelty view it as whining, instead of merely stating. Definitely comes off bitter with a sense of entitlement here. If you dont see that, fine.

I don't see conor signing, I don't see nick Diaz, I don't see Georges St Pierre. Haha woodley going in.

"ocean of people"

no there wasnt an ocean of people.

roy jones and mayweather hated?

So is conor.

please, try one more time.
Do you live under a rock?
If you don't understand the point of the "ocean of people" then you don't know Ali then.

Buhahahahahahaha at you thinking Jones Jr and Mayweather aren't hated is beyond this galaxy. You're either blind as hell or fucking delusional.

I would continue to try but when it comes to bumfucking retards like you, I'll pass. Debating with you is like beating a dead horse with my own hands, it hurts.

Let's be honest, if Woodley "marketed" himself the way McGregor has, people would call him arrogant and cocky. But when McGregor does it, it's because he's smart and is funny. May not be a result of full blown racism but we've seen it plenty of times where a black fighter is ridiculed for being cocky and full of confidence but when a white fighter does it no one goes bat shit crazy.

I don't think that's completely true. Conor is arrogant but is funny and has a lot of charisma. Muhammad Ali was like that also & was 1 of the most popular fighters of all time.

I don't think that's completely true. Conor is arrogant but is funny and has a lot of charisma. Muhammad Ali was like that also & was 1 of the most popular fighters of all time.
Conor is arrogant but funny which gives him a pass. Mayweather is arrogant and people hope he gets KOed.

Do you live under a rock?
If you don't understand the point of the "ocean of people" then you don't know Ali then.

Buhahahahahahaha at you thinking Jones Jr and Mayweather aren't hated is beyond this galaxy. You're either blind as hell or fucking delusional.

I would continue to try but when it comes to bumfucking retards like you, I'll pass. Debating with you is like beating a dead horse with my own hands, it hurts.

The only ocean surrounding ali was his ocean of fans.

also where did I say Jones and Mayweather arent hated? Every fighter has haters, but most people like Jones and Mayweather, just like most people like conor.

Bro, you're a the saddest kind of retarded.

no no, Ali "doesnt count" according to him I guess

The solution is simple. If you have the tools, promote yourself and if the ufc sees potential (money) they will be more then helpful.

Lesnar has a message for Whineley.

bork1}

The only ocean surrounding ali was his ocean of fans.

also where did I say Jones and Mayweather arent hated? Every fighter has haters, but most people like Jones and Mayweather, just like most people like conor.

Bro, you're a the saddest kind of retarded.

"also where did I say Jones and Mayweather arent hated? Every fighter has haters, but most people like Jones and Mayweather, just like most people like conor."

Do you read what you post or do you and your lil' brother share the same Sherdog account? Me, retarded? Ooookay.

Yes, his flippant comment, to me, was diminish the efforts of self promotion conor did to get to this point. If you dont see that way, fine...willing to wager most see it the way i do.
MOST will see it as you do because the narrative has already been established that Woodley is whiny and race baiting, and Conor is more popular (though he does have his fair share of haters)

If the UFC felt any of these guys could take off -- they would market them more. It stands to reason that they would LOVE to have 7 champions with Connor's appeal, but it is up to the fighters themselves to get to that point. Over a million people saw Woodley fight -- if he only draws in 300k or less the next time he headlines a card, it is his fault -- not the UFC. Social Media exists to all fighters -- if they cant generate a buzz, that is on them. How much more can the UFC do? They know what to expect with a ROI for marketing Woodley
The dude has said what they can do, in his words "Just don't show me getting KO'd on facebook". He feels like if he does more things, he should get more marketing. Is it wrong? Maybe, but I don't see how that's whining especially not in the context of that specific video. I really don't. Someone asked him about it on his podcast, and he said how he felt - the fuck is he supposed to do? Bullshit a PC answer on his own podcast? He said "Why is my opponent being marketed more than me" the Conor thing is just an example that was used and something that whoever put the youtube video up put in the title for view, he used it as a throw away example.

I don't agree with everything he said, but what's the big deal? Seriously?

How was i to know that was his podcast? That video was uploaded by Conor 2.0

And, sorry, i definelty view it as whining, instead of merely stating. Definitely comes off bitter with a sense of entitlement here. If you dont see that, fine.

It's whining if you're not doing anything else about it. The dude has a following, small as it may be
He's NEVER going to be as big as Conor, he's going about gaining followers and/or haters that will watch him fight in his own way. Like you said, he just got big exposure - we'll see how he does from here on out

Literally produced yesterday as a form of self promotion

We'll have to agree to disagree - I understand where your coming from, I just don't get it

Tyron does a poor job at self promotion. I don't see an improved effort of the UFC pushing him really helping him to become more of a draw. It doesn't help him that the majority of what he says involves complaining. I do like his point though that in the professional sport you get rewarded for unprofessional behavior like throwing water bottles, etc.

Back