Tyron Woodley: "At the End of the Day, I'm the One Who's in Control."

WHO SHOULD WOODLEY FIGHT?

• Total voters
Bigger than Conor?
Bigger than a Diaz rematch?
silva?
Bisping?

People will watch GSP fight whoever, I wouldn't be shocked if casuals would rather Hendricks rematch over Woodley fight.

Conor , Silva, and Bisping could all be bigger fights. They are also rather unlikely imo.
At WW, the biggest fight is against the champ. A Nick Diaz-GSP rematch would have a tough hill to climb because the first fight wasn't all that good.

Woodley is a coward if he can convince them to give Diaz yet another undeserved title shot.
I want to see your posts where you called Cormier, Jones, Cruz, and Bisping cowards.

They can't cut someone coming off of a win for no reason. As I said playing hardball is not a reason.
Trying to delay a fight the company puts in front of you is a good reason. But if UFC gave him a fight and he's going through with it, talking shit and complaining all the while, it wouldn't be a problem.
I think WB should get it, but honesly, some part of me thinks that Woodley should get whoever he wants for the first fight. HE became champion.

I wouldn't mind if champions were compensated by having a say in their first fight. And then second fight would be mandatory.

Why is it so problematic that champions get some control of their first defense?

That being said, I have a lot more respect for someone saying: "Give me the number 1 contender."
Only time a UFC champ that got to choose his first title defense was Rockhold due to Weidman pulling out 11 days prior to the fight. If champs were given the opportunity to choose their opponents, they'd be all calling for easy fights.

Sinc3 the whole sport aspect went down the drainer when randy couture retired im all for the money fights, preferably nick diaz so then when gsp comes back he could win back his belt from someone that has like an actual significance in the history of the sport unlike tyrone woodley.

What the fuck are you smoking?

LMAO...

Did he really say that ? Fuckin guy is going full... Bark at the Moon.

If he thinks he's in control. I got news for him. Dana is like...

tumblr_nrjulc3PoL1r0ndmlo3_500.gif
See what I mean? Can't be bothered to click, let alone read.

Trying to delay a fight the company puts in front of you is a good reason. But if UFC gave him a fight and he's going through with it, talking shit and complaining all the while, it wouldn't be a problem.
You are speculating with no proof. There have been 0 fighters cut because of this reason who were coming off of fights. They sign mult-fight contracts for a reason. This isn't good enough. And if they did, it would not be held up in court.

Nobody said or thought Robbie Lawler was invincible or unbeatable, Tyrun.

This. And since when was Robbie Lawler the Goliath of the division? Many fans felt he'd eked his way to a decision against both Hendricks and against Condit many if not most thought Condit got robbed and actually won that fight.

I want to see your posts where you called Cormier, Jones, Cruz, and Bisping cowards.

I don't have a problem calling anyone a coward if they act like one.

You are speculating with no proof. There have been 0 fighters cut because of this reason who were coming off of fights. They sign mult-fight contracts for a reason. This isn't good enough. And if they did, it would not be held up in court.
Exactly, we don't know what he's going to do: take the WB fight or choose to not compete unless it's GSP/Diaz(two inactive fighters possibly out of their prime). No champs were cut because no champ ducked any opponent, they all at some point bitched about their situation, but went through with it anyway i.e. Silva/Sonnen, Jones/Sonnen, Alvarez/Khabib etc.
"Would not held up in court." Even your trolling is pathetic by Sherdog standards.

I don't have a problem calling anyone a coward if they act like one.
Trying to make a lot of money is cowardly? Explain please.

Is the UFC cowardly for making Mcgregor/Diaz cowardly? Were they when they made Cormier/Gustafsson?

Exactly, we don't know what he's going to do: take the WB fight or choose to not compete unless it's GSP/Diaz(two inactive fighters possibly out of their prime). No champs were cut because no champ ducked any opponent, they all at some point bitched about their situation, but went through with it anyway i.e. Silva/Sonnen, Jones/Sonnen, Alvarez/Khabib etc.
"Would not held up in court." Even your trolling is pathetic by Sherdog standards.
What is WB?

They can't cut him for saying no to a fight. GSP said no to Silva and he wasn't cut. He also said no to Hendricks and he wasn't cut.

Tate said no to Holm, and guess what? She wasn't cut.

The UFC breaching a contract would not be held up in court. Have you ever seen the real court process?

Calling me a troll is stupid because you are wrong.

Only time a UFC champ that got to choose his first title defense was Rockhold due to Weidman pulling out 11 days prior to the fight. If champs were given the opportunity to choose their opponents, they'd be all calling for easy fights.

That's why I said "having a say". They could veto or get a fight that the UFC would also be happy about.

And what's the problem with having an easier fight with your first title defense?

I'm not a boxing fan, but I don't think boxing champions have the obligation to fight the number 1 contender in their 1st title defense.

So when a fighter tries to use his leverage for more money its a problem? He is taking his career and trying to maximize his profit. How is this different than Mcgregor? How is this different than the UFC making "money" fights? Or fights that could potentially be bigger than the number #1 contender fighting for the belt... (Bisping).

Is this because it doesn't benefit you as a consumer?
-conor moved up a weight class = RDA > Edgar.
-as far as bisping = souza is injured and yoel is still on suspension.

So you're two examples are not the same thing as Woodley

What is WB?

They can't cut him for saying no to a fight. GSP said no to Silva and he wasn't cut. He also said no to Hendricks and he wasn't cut.

The UFC breaching a contract would not be held up in court. Have you ever seen the real court process?

How on earth is GSP not wanting to go up in weight remotely comparable?

GSP did say no to Hendricks originally. But he was their biggest star and a company man. They were doing him a favor. Woodley is neither a company man nor a popular fighter. He has no leverage.

Tate was never offered Holm. She was offered Nunes and accepted.

The UFC can end a contract at any time. They've done so over and over. Its written into the contract. They can strip Woodley for not defending the belt. Just like Couture and BJ.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: this dude will sit out 18 months before he'll get in the octagon with Wonderboy. It ain't happening.

I'm neutral towards both but I hope Woodley KOs Wonderboy just to see all the Woodley haters call him the worst champ ever again like they did after he KO'd Lawler in 2 minutes.

You guys should blame the UFC instead of Woodley for turning it into a circus (even Eddie called it a circus). They started it with Chael vs Jones then letting Conor do whatever he wants.

Woodley's just doing the exact same shit Eddie and Bisping are trying to do. Get the easiest fight for the most amount of money.

Last edited:
hard to be a fan of this guy. im cool w/any of those matches, but would root against him in all three.

What is WB?

WB is wonderboy. No idea what the fuck youre talking about with court procedures. Sounds like you pulled that out of your ass. BTW, GSP/Silva almost happened but Silva's clowning against Maia made Dana scrap it all together. Source for Tate/Holm or GTFO.
If Brock Lesnar the biggest draw in UFC history didn't get a say in opponents, no champ can.

Alright this guy is officially an idiot
The hell is he talking about?

If he knocks out gatekeeper Diaz and 3 year cage-rust GSP he will still be known as the champion that ducked the number one contender.

Really starting to dislike this guy.

Back