Tyron Woodley: "At the End of the Day, I'm the One Who's in Control."

WHO SHOULD WOODLEY FIGHT?

• Total voters
I gotta give woodley props i really want to see him defeated by wonderboy. Before i didnt really care about him.

So when a fighter tries to use his leverage for more money its a problem? He is taking his career and trying to maximize his profit. How is this different than Mcgregor? How is this different than the UFC making "money" fights? Or fights that could potentially be bigger than the number #1 contender fighting for the belt... (Bisping).

Is this because it doesn't benefit you as a consumer?

Maia is a better option than Wonderboy and this will be obvious August 27.

he's delusional. The UFC has the final say and if he won't take the match they give him, they'll strip him. He's not an asset like Conor.

So when a fighter tries to use his leverage for more money its a problem? He is taking his career and trying to maximize his profit. How is this different than Mcgregor? How is this different than the UFC making "money" fights? Or fights that could potentially be bigger than the number #1 contender fighting for the belt... (Bisping).

Is this because it doesn't benefit you as a consumer?

McGregor ran through FW, took Mendes on 2 weeks notice, KO'd Aldo in 13 seconds then went up to LW to fight the champ, took Diaz at WW on 11 days notice and then demanded a rematch to avenge his loss.

Woodley beat Condit on a technicality, barely beat a sick, gassed, clearly subpar Gastelum then sat out for a year and a half demanding a title shot and is now trying to duck the clear number one contender in favour of a fight with GSP who has been retired since 2013 or Nick Diaz who hasn't won since 2011.

Do you understand the difference yet?

Last edited:
McGregor ran through FW, took Mendes on 2 weeks notice, KO'd Aldo in 13 seconds then went up to LW to fight the champ, then took Diaz on 11 days notice and then demanded a rematch to avenge his loss.

Woodley barely beat a sick, gassed, clearly subpar Gastelum then sat out for a year and a half, demanded a title show and is now trying to pick his opponents.

Do you understand the difference yet?
So he gets special privileges because you deem him worthy of it? You think your totally handpicked reasons are enough to justice the very obvious favoritism?

Woodley beat the champ and is in a position that very few fighters find themselves.... a position to negotiate favorable terms against the UFC. You may not like it and he may not be "worthy" in your view. It doesn't matter, he has a full-house and he better play his fucking hand while he has it.

Another thing to consider: we have no idea how St. Pierre will look after about 3 years of inactivity.

Sure, he's been training. But he really didn't look so hot in his last fight (a completely debatable split decision over Johny Hendricks).

For all we know, the St. Pierre that returns will not be the one we remember. Slower, more predictable... we don't know.

Since when was anyone thinking Lawler was invincible? I think most people were surprised he held on to his belt for as long as he did.

Wasn't he an underdog against Rory the second time they fought?

So he gets special privileges because you deem him worthy of it? You think your totally handpicked reasons are enough to justice the very obvious favoritism?

Woodley beat the champ and is in a position that very few fighters find themselves.... a position to negotiate favorable terms against the UFC. You may not like it and he may not be "worthy" in your view. It doesn't matter, he has a full-house and he better play his fucking hand while he has it.
I don't know what world you're living in, amigo but Woodley doesn't have shit. Conor can do what the fuck he wants because he sells a million PPVs every show he's on and has done favour after favour for the UFC.

Woodley became the champ yesterday and is acting like he runs the show now. He will fight who Dana tells him to fight.

EJc4Pna.gif

is that old school point break?

that bodi and johhny utah???

fuckin love me some old school point break.

and why is nick in the convo? guy hasnt won a fight since 2011, hasnt beat a ranked fighter since 2007 and is a known cheater.

easy money i guess???

Get that $ T-Wood! Even though a lot of the headlines and threads on here aren't the most flattering for him, I'm more excited for his next fight than I have for one's in the past. So he's doing something right.

I don't know what world you're living in, amigo but Woodley doesn't have shit. Conor can do what the fuck he wants because he sells a million PPVs every show he's on and has done favour after favour for the UFC. Woodley became the champ yesterday and is acting like he runs the show now. He will fight who Dana tells him to fight.
He has the championship and he has leverage. Woodley and every other UFC fighter is a business. He is trying to maximize profits.

Except ducking the #1 contender for a money fight makes you look like a coward.

He's not in control ufc is. Only people who got to call their shots are Conor and Ronda

He has the championship and he has leverage. Woodley and every other UFC fighter is a business. He is trying to maximize profits.
What leverage? He's not a draw. He brings in no money for the UFC. Nothing. Noone cares about seeing him fight, and ontop of that he has the personality and charisma of a belt sander. He's nowhere near earned the right to be even thinking about picking and chosing his opponents.

I'm fine with him wanting to fight GSP and if that fight happens I'll be cool with it. The Diaz fight is dumb and will prob end up being very boring/anti-climatic like how most of Diaz's fights have been since his UFC return. Wonderboy no doubt is the true contender.

Back