Tyron talking about fighting in *July*

Alpha_T83

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
One thing that struck me about Tyron's recent interviews about a potential fight with Nate Diaz was the date he was throwing out... July. He was talking about fighting Nate in July. That will be a whole year without him defending the belt.

So now is Woodley not only trying to duck the top contenders at WW, but he's talking about not fighting until July. The UFC needs to come up with SOME idea to get champions to be more active.

I'd suggest that at least 25% of their pay go into escrow, and if they don't fight at least once every 8 months, they lose that 25% money. If they do fight within 8 months, they get the money, and 25% of the money from that fight goes into escrow for their next fight.

This would at least motivate champions to fight more often.

Tyron isn't ducking any top contenders. He's just trying to get his "money" fight. He was willing to fight back in December to save the PPV, but that fell through. He opted to have shoulder surgery and I'm sure that's not something you can bounce right back from.

People gonna bitch about Woodley no matter what. How dare he have shoulders surgery!

Tyron isn't ducking any top contenders. He's just trying to get his "money" fight. He was willing to fight back in December to save the PPV, but that fell through. He opted to have shoulder surgery and I'm sure that's not something you can bounce right back from.

How ISN'T he ducking any top contenders? RDA won the welterweight championship eliminator just two months ago, and Woodley's trying to orchestrate a fight against a LW gatekeeper with shitty takedown defense who likes to block punches with his chin.

He was willing to fight Nate in December, but not Covington or any other real WW's... which shows how little he thinks of Nate as an opponent. It takes a special kind of something to think Diaz is a draw (applies equally to Woodley and Sherdoggers).

Cryron Woodley just doing his thing. I'm sure a fight in July will give him plenty time to complain some more about racism.

How dare Woodley take time to rehab his shoulder he just got surgery on in January.

Can’t wait to see if Tyrone can beat Nate Diaz.

Tbh, Woodley should campaign for a fight with Covington. It's the easiest matchup for him right now. Covington will def sell it. And on a decent card and with the right promotes can outsell Woodley vs Diaz.

Woodley vs Diaz = 300k - 600k Max (Just because that fight wont have mass appeal & makes no sense.

Woddley vs Covington = 400k - 500k (If promoted right)

Now you tell me which fight is the easier one.

How ISN'T he ducking any top contenders? RDA won the welterweight championship eliminator just two months ago, and Woodley's trying to orchestrate a fight against a LW gatekeeper with shitty takedown defense who likes to block punches with his chin.

He was willing to fight Nate in December, but not Covington or any other real WW's... which shows how little he thinks of Nate as an opponent. It takes a special kind of something to think Diaz is a draw (applies equally to Woodley and Sherdoggers).
Well, after beating Robbie he did fight WB twice and Maia right after that. Those guys were the clear cut contenders and he defended against them. He knows if he fights Nate, it will do some pretty good numbers and might get him closer to McNugget.

He's just trying to get his money up right now. I'm sure he'll get right back to defending against the top guys sooner than later. Don't forget we're living in a time where logic goes out the window in the UFC whether we like it or not.

Woodley trying to piggy back on another super card. Is normal. Chicago is close enough to St. Louis so I think that’s where he’ll end up.

How dare Woodley take time to rehab his shoulder he just got surgery on in January.

I don't think anyone is begrudging him having the surgery... it was waiting six months to have it done in the first place that bothered people.

Except he knew that he needed the surgery back in September, and he just wasted time and delayed the surgery. That was an intentional move to avoid fighting top contenders.

It gave him a window to take an easy last minute fight like Nate Diaz, which fell through.

There are a lot of contenders he could put on great performances against if he wants to become a major draw, instead he rather complain and sit out. sorry buddy, you're not Conor McGregor. you're not as exciting to listen to and you haven't put on an exciting fight since you won the belt. you've got work to do. GSP wasn't money until he cleaned out his division. and he doesn't have the benefit of a Bisping or McGregor in being the historical first person from their given country to ever capture a UFC belt.

I don't think anyone is begrudging him having the surgery... it was waiting six months to have it done in the first place that bothered people.
He tried other methods that didn't work before choosing to go under the knife.

He didn't want to have surgery.

Except he knew that he needed the surgery back in September, and he just wasted time and delayed the surgery. That was an intentional move to avoid fighting top contenders.

It gave him a window to take an easy last minute fight like Nate Diaz, which fell through.
No. He tried other methods like physical therapy and none of them took.

He didn't want surgery.

How dare the other methods Woodley used to fix his shoulder not work.

When it comes to current UFC champions:

1. There are 11 champions less active than Woodley. Woodley fought 4 fights in a period of 17 months.

2. Woodley fights the highest ranked opposition. His last four opponents were all ranked #1.

3. Woodley is tied for second in most title defenses. Only DJ has more defenses of the current champions.

There are 11 champions who are less active, fight lower ranked opposition and have less defenses than Woodley.

There is a champion who hasn't even scheduled a fight in over 450 days. How about we start with champions who aren't doing their job before jumping down an active champions throat because hes getting a surgery between fights.

DJ and Whittaker have also been out for medical reasons and i see no backlash against them.

What is everyones problem with Woodley? There is only 1 champion in the UFC doing a better job than him and that champ has done a better job than ANY champion in UFC history.

If you exclude DJ, Woodley is the most active champion against the highest ranked opposition. Stop hating, fellas.

Champ gonna champ.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
He tried other methods that didn't work before choosing to go under the knife.

He didn't want to have surgery.

I wasn't aware he tried alternative therapies.

I had just assumed he was playing the waiting game to see if he was going to get the GSP payday fight. I don't think he normally would have wanted to face GSP at anything less than 100% but the possibility of all those extra zeroes on the deposit might have been a deciding factor in Woodley remaining in limbo.

woodlyey haters exposed and desperate at this point. pathetic

It's not about the shoulder surgery guys. It's the way he goes about things. Rothwell levels of cringe from this guy. Can't stand him begging for money fights. Money fights are always brought upon by beef, or extraordinary circumstances (late replacements, super fights, real beef), you can't just force them Tyrone.

To top it all off, your style isn't fan friendly. Can't have it all my man, you either fight safe and keep your belt, break some records, and make a champions pay, or you fight more aggressively. The ball has always been in Tyrone's court.

Back