Typical training: Jiu Jitsu

drumerdud

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Just wondering what ur training is like in ur gym. Here in cebu, philippines where i train,

we usually start out with 15 min. warmup and stretching. 20 min. drills, 30-45 min technique, 15 min. sparring. and 15 min cooldown and stretching.

5 min warm up(high knees, inside/outside shuffle, etc), line drills(shrimps/reverse shrimps, inchworm/pushup/leapfrog, bearcrawls/crabwalk, etc), technique, situational sparring, more technique, sparring, conditioning.

At our gym, if you want to warm up and stretch, you are supposed to do it before class. 1 hour technique and drilling, 30 min to a hour sparring.

Just wondering what ur training is like in ur gym. Here in cebu, philippines where i train,

we usually start out with 15 min. warmup and stretching. 20 min. drills, 30-45 min technique, 15 min. sparring. and 15 min cooldown and stretching.

do you really need to warm up for 15 min in the pi???

WARM UP - shrimping, shrimping to knees, alligator crawls, frog pushups, breakdance and sometimes cartwheels get thrown in. (15- 20 min)

DRILLS - arm bar, triangle, omoplata drills, takedowns, and then alot of other drills like the ballgame drill and then a ton of which i dont know the names to, he has about 10 he just rotates through each day. (20 min)

BURN OUT - we all do crunches, pushups, banana rolls, jump squats and a bunch of other excersizes for about 10 min really hard to burnout. (10 min)

STRETCHING - we all get a drink and get a good stretch . (5 min)

TECHNIQUE - about 30 min of technique.

ROLLING - 15 min and then you can leave but im usually there for another 45 min, you are allowed to stay and roll for however long you'd like. sometimes we will also do situational sparring utilizing the techniques we learned in class that day before we roll.

after that its up to you to stretch and go home.

p.s. if you live in the phillipines you should to Kali too because you are a lucky dude to have so much good Kali around.

5 min warm up (run, push up, sit ups, hip switches, circle feet, bridge and roll etc) then few sets of shots and rolls right into techniques with partner.

Then either do a few 5 minute rounds or do position grappling

my class's "warmups" take 30 minutes min (calisthenics + line drills), then we continue with the regular armbar, triangle, etc drills.

We do 15 minutes of warm up drills. We drill a specific move for 30 mintues. We drill a counter to the counter of the move for 30 minutes. Then we do live drilling of the moves for 30 minutes. Then we roll for 30 minutes.

Just wondering what ur training is like in ur gym.

Short version: 15 min warm up (run round the room, shrimping, bridging, press-ups/sit-ups etc, then normally some throws/takedowns), 30 mins with two to three techniques demonstration and drilling, 15 mins specific sparring (e.g., guard passage, side control, mount etc, restarting when one person sweeps/submits/passes), then 30 mins free sparring. Sometimes the specific sparring will be interspersed with drilling techniques, or occasionally there will be more technique and less specific sparring (or just going straight to free sparring).

On an infrequent basis, will do mostly specific and free sparring, cutting down on the drilling (like my last lesson, where the instructor basically got us to spar the whole time).

Beginners class (up to four stripe white) is similar, but without the free sparring and only 1hr long.

Long version: see blog. Every class I've ever been to written up in full there, though I don't babble about warm-ups much except for early on (e.g., my first class).

My place does

About 30 minutes of cardio type stuff (I always come late so I can miss this :) )
A technique, it's counter, and the counter-counter
Sparring for up to an hour and a half if we lock up late, people slowly go home at different times during this period.

hey drumerdud where in cebu and what academy? i'm going back in '09 and will be in cebu. would love to get some mat time. peace.

30 minutes hard hard warm up

10 minutes to ask any questions about grappling - situations, moves

instructor will answer the question and give example on both defense and offense of the question and ways to attack and get out

3 techniques for about 30 min

1 hour of rolling

the mark of a good class is if the instructor can answer any question you give to him and how to get out and both offense and defense of that question

45 minute warm-up.
20 minutes - armbars from guard and mount, elbow escapes, triangles.
Technique.

15 minutes warmup
5 minutes of slow rolling to warm up
40 minutes techniques
30 minutes rolling

Back