Typecasted actors

You might not like Ferrell, but I don't see how he has been typecasted at all. His characters in Anchorman, Step Brothers, A Night at the Roxbury, Talladega Nights, The Other Guys, Everything Must Go, Stranger Than Fiction, Land of the Lost and so on are all quite different.
Yeah I actually disagree with that guy on Ferrell.

Some people may find him unfunny but he doesn't really play the type of same character over and over

Some good ones in here. Ray Liota, Sam Jackson, and Will Smith were all really good(and many others).

I'm a fan of all those guys but they were so on the money.

16ie1ad.jpg

Daniel Day-Lewis = typecast into playing these Oscar-nominated roles

William H. Macy
Peter Stomare
Gary Cole

Can't remember the name but the actor that played Hans Gruber, Sheriff of Nottingham and Snape.

Brad Pitt-crazy guy with great body
Tom Cruise-cocky guy with napoleon complex

joe-pesci-goodfellas.png

Joe Pesci as the short, angry, Italian-American.

Band of Brothers and Apt Pupil. He was good in both. He also played characters nothing like Ross.

The doc he played in Breast Men was a lot like Ross. Same with his character in The Pallbearer.

Apart from 'The Cell' I'm sure Vince Vaughn just plays himself in every movie.

Apart from 'The Cell' I'm sure Vince Vaughn just plays himself in every movie.

He didn't in "Return to Paradise" but I guess everything else was the same shit.

Also Will Ferrell and Galifianakis were pretty good in their respective more serious roles.

[QUOTE=cintur

Last edited:
Ron Perlman, mean ugly dude.

Jesse Eisenberg, smart guy finding his confidence.

Robert Downey Jr., successful cocky guy (Tropic Thunder notwithstanding)

Daniel Day-Lewis, brooding intense alpha male

Jim Kelly, lithe Kung-Fu Afroman

Came here to mention Aniston. I can't think of a single film of hers that isn't a romantic comedy and she plays almost the same character in each.

To be fair to Noomi Rapace, that role can be fitted into a lot of different films and done very differently. Your description describes her characters in Prometheus and the Millennium Trilogy but those are very different films and she plays a very different character in each. Haven't seen any of her other films though.

I guess you have a point about Noomi Rapace. The dragon tattoo chick, and Prometheus are different characters, but you can think of them as being the same person but having been born into different circumstances.

Back