Tye Fields v Monte Barrett

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by MC Paul Barman, Apr 4, 2008.

1. MC Paul Barman

MC Paul Barman Gold Belt Platinum Member

Looks like this fight was added to the undercard of Diaz-Pacquiao.

Looks like Fields is upping the competition. It's not what Arum promised (Rahman) but it is better than what he has been fighting. Wish Barrett didn't have a 2nd round KO by Cliff Couser on his record, because a convincing win (if he wins) on the part of Fields might not be too indicative of anything more than Fields ability to beat a spent figher.

2. bostonmma

bostonmma Gold Belt

Barrett knows this is his last chance, plus he actually has notice for this fight and will come in top shape. The problem is he doesn't have great power to really test Fields chin. Let's hope Barrett has enough to finally expose Fields.

3. JMyersDTN

JMyersDTN Sherdog Writer: Joseph Myers

Yeah, this definitely is a step up for Fields. Hopefully, Barrett will give Fields the test he needs to have already had a long time ago.

4. 5acrossYOeye

5acrossYOeye Silver Belt

flame me if you want...i've always liked Barrett and have always wondered what would've happen if he had the proper trainer. Most of his fundamentals have been awful but he's always been able to stay in the lower end of the mix.

5. ecchymotic

ecchymotic Blue Belt

at minimum, barrett has faster hands, compared to fields, and he should be able to put one on the button. if he doesnt have a defensive attitude for this fight, i see him knocking fields out. couser didnt intimidate him, hopefully fields wont either

6. Sickening Thudd

Sickening Thudd Boxing Art

Barrett had Valuev pretty stunned in the first round of their bout if I remember correctly. He's got some experience fighting taller opponents. Fields is just a huge tree begging to be chopped down IMO. As soon as he fights someone with a bit of skill/toughness to get through Fields early flurries, Its all over for the big man.

Im taking Barret by KO if/when this fight gets signed. I mean Fields got knocked out in the first round by a fighter with only two fights on his record compared to Fields 17 at the time.

7. Tam-Tam

Tam-Tam Management vs Labour

Fields wouldnt be taking this fight i there wasn't an un-written guarantee of a KO over Monte. Cliff Couser basically gave him that.