Media Twood to move up

I honestly would favor Woodley against Whittaker

Longer reach
Explosive power
Great TDD
5 round cardio
Championship experience

He did say he will ONLY do this AFTER he beats Usman and Colby. So I respect him for not going up when he has clear contenders in the way

"People in the middleweight (division), they need to watch out too. I might slide up on one of y'all by the end of the year," Woodley said on Ariel Helwani's MMA Show. "Wipe out the division clean at welterweight and go up there and either beat (Kelvin) Gastelum up again or take out Robert Whittaker. They are both welterweights anyways. They just don't know how to cut weight."

He'll probably lose before he gets the chance. It's a smart move though 170 is a tough cut for him and 185 is full of old fogeys and the 2 guys fighting for belt are former Welterweights (one he has beaten already).

He'll probably lose before he gets the chance. It's a smart move though 170 is a tough cut for him and 185 is full of old fogeys and the 2 guys fighting for belt are former Welterweights (one he has beaten already).
Definitely.. I bet Twood is thinking the same thing

Move up a division to stay inactive and complain about race?

Sounds good.

Move up a division to stay inactive and complain about race?

Sounds good.
giphy.gif

Needs to gain some height first

...Also ducking Platinum Mike CONFIRMED

Longer reach
Explosive power
Great TDD
5 round cardio
Championship experience

He did say he will ONLY do this AFTER he beats Usman and Colby. So I respect him for not going up when he has clear contenders in the way
I think this is the important point to realize. Also I favor TC1 over KG and Whittaker (who I believe lost his last 2 fights anyway). So smart move by Woodley to smash the 2 shitty versions of himself and let Knux take damage to his chin in the Gas fight and the Silva fight <{silvanormal}>. Woodley then knocks Whittakers fucking block off for a 2nd title !<DC-Champ>

<Prem771>

He would gain my respect win or lose. Moving up takes balls.

Longer reach
Explosive power
Great TDD
5 round cardio
Championship experience

Favoured over the Reaper? Surely you jest? Romero's explosive power trumps Tyron's and Whittaker has beaten Yoel twice, admittedly the second time in somewhat controversial circumstances. Great TDD against the reaper is largely irrelevant as he's likely not going to shoot for the takedown especially against the likes of Tyron. The Reaper isn't going to take Tyron down, but you best believe if Romero and Jacare can't hold the Reaper down Tyron won't be able to either. Lastly I'd put the Reaper's cardio up against Woodley's any day of the week.

Lol @ anyone who thinks Dana gives him immediate title shot. He's not making that mistake again.

He'll have to go through death row. Yoel, then Paulo, then Izzy.

Back